Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted  (Read 26644 times)

Offlinepamplina

• Camerado
Re: Analyzing Fair Admission HELP wanted
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
The FA system was set up because management didn't like the fact others were making extra money on the tickets.
They solved the problem by getting the extra money themselves.
Wow! This is the quote of the year!
Greetings from Cadiz, Spain :-)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »
The FA system was set up because management didn't like the fact others were making extra money on the tickets.
They solved the problem by getting the extra money themselves.
Wow! This is the quote of the year!

if you can't beat them, join them :lol :lol :lol

But it's true. The venue I got my tickets from says 75 € per ticket, mine was almost 95 € per ticket for the same exact thing. Excuse me? :disbelief

Onlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2018, 09:26:02 AM »
Basically Fair Admission is yet another espisode of PCM management desaster.
The next will be the RAH announcement in January/February when O2 buyers will feel cheated yet again.

How often did we already say that an artist of Mark's caliber deserves a proper professional management?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:28:37 AM by Skydiver »

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2018, 09:43:49 AM »
Great to hear that at least some of you got the "Fair Admission" tickets. I got ZERO from the two Danish shows. Cant help feeling what a waste of time.
Now they say you can still pre-order, ..... lost my mojo somewhere.
Has anyone found out what the exact seat difference is between fair admission and pre-sale, is fair admission row 1-4 and pre-sale 4-10 for example ??

Cheers Peter

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2018, 09:53:54 AM »
It makes you wonder if Mark just wants to see some different faces towards the front for a change. Surely he can't be that bored with us..?

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »
Great to hear that at least some of you got the "Fair Admission" tickets. I got ZERO from the two Danish shows. Cant help feeling what a waste of time.
Has anyone found out what the exact seat difference is between fair admission and pre-sale, is fair admission row 1-4 and pre-sale 4-10 for example ??

Hi Peter!

That's terrible to hear! Not getting at least one in DK.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »

It makes you wonder if Mark just wants to see some different faces towards the front for a change. Surely he can't be that bored with us..?

Fair admission on its website says:

»» Introducing MarkKnopfler.com Fair Admission

»» MarkKnopfler.com will continue to offer the same “best seat” pre-sales for the Down The Road Wherever tour.

»» However, a new service from MarkKnopfler.com, Fair Admission, allows fans to sign up to purchase tickets prior to the regular “best seats” ticket presales. Simply create your Fair Admission account here, select your show and number of tickets and we’ll email you a link to check out on Thursday, October 25th. The registration window closes 11:59 PM PDT on Wednesday, October 24th.

So does it mean that fair admission is not about best seats? Looks like you'll get best seats in regular presale. And that thing? Not the best seats for not the best price. Or what?

All I know is that fans demand answers and I hope we'll get them.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »

»» MarkKnopfler.com will continue to offer the same “best seat” pre-sales for the Down The Road Wherever tour.

»» However, a new service from MarkKnopfler.com, Fair Admission, allows fans to sign up to purchase tickets prior to the regular “best seats” ticket presales. Simply create your Fair Admission account here, select your show and number of tickets and we’ll email you a link to check out on Thursday, October 25th. The registration window closes 11:59 PM PDT on Wednesday, October 24th.

So does it mean that fair admission is not about best seats? Looks like you'll get best seats in regular presale. And that thing? Not the best seats for not the best price. Or what?

I agree. That´s the question. If this is just a "convenient way" to get some tickets, then it is not what we expected (with that price).

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2018, 10:29:32 AM »
Dear all,

I am going to Analyse the FA-system. I have no on a lot of concerts already. Only one yes to Switzerland. Lots of friends have no all the time too. ALL die-hard fans I already know for 10 to 30! years.

Can you please send me a mail with the following information:
Place of concert - number of tickets you subscribed - and YES or NO (YES you got them, NO you didn't get them)

I am going to analyse and send PCM a mail. Your names and e-mails will NOT be used to PCM. That's only for me so I can inform you.
I will use all names and email confidential, that will not go to PCM!

Please help me and send me a mail to: ingridvandemaat@planet.nl SUBJECT: FA SYSTEM

Sent!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2018, 10:51:50 AM »

Hi Peter!

That's terrible to hear! Not getting at least one in DK.

Oh sorry to hear. At least its indoors so you dont get sunburned and cramps like you did in Tivoli. Maybe I should have opted for the swedish ones.
Cheers Peter

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2018, 11:00:29 AM »

I agree. That´s the question. If this is just a "convenient way" to get some tickets, then it is not what we expected (with that price).

Yes I read it, but I still cant read somewhere what the exact difference is when it comes to the seating. Was Fair Admission meant only as a "step ahead" in pre-ordering as you know its in your basket and can check out in your own pace, or were you lucky ones lucky enough to get the best seats that way. And normal Pre-ordering is the "next-best" seats.
OR is Fair Admission and Pre-order actually the same seats allocated.
I will of course try the pre-order as usual but I am a bit pissed, like if they dont want hardcore members to enjoy best seats, why bother....

Cheers Peter

Offlinehenk1951

• Guitar George
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »
Got : pre-sale tickets Cologne: sect 101 -103  row 1-7   
Fair admission Antwerp tickets :  sect 001 -004  !  row 1-14 !
What's the better deal?  ADDITIONAL FEES .....

OfflineWhy Aye Man

• Guitar George
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2018, 11:22:15 AM »
Just checked Viagogo out of curiosity and tickets for Newcastle in the upper tier are being sold for £201 each!! This certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth 🤬
I am a Geordie boy

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
Checked Paris on viagogo to, 180€, sales start on Monday

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »
German venues are on public sale already. There are still good tickets available, but they sell fast.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 36 queries.