Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 162779 times)

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
Re: 2019 Tour USB Stick Recordings
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
It is a pitty they release the shows by nugs.net who also release shows from Metallica, Springsteen and pearl jam for example. They release the shows proper mixed and tagged. And you can also pay with Paypal for those who dont have a credit card.

So it's nugs.net they are working with? Has this been announced anywhere?

I guess he forgot a "dont" (sic) in the first sentence. Makes more sense to me.

LE

Correct i forgot the word “don’t” in the first  sentence.

And i have good experiences with nugs.net over the years so i was hoping Mark would join this company

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2019, 02:17:11 PM »
I use Nugs for buying Warren Haynes, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Bob Weir, Dead & Company and Springsteen recordings. They are all super! Never been a problem. Working with Nugs is a good thing, at least for the fans..

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »
I use Nugs for buying Warren Haynes, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Bob Weir, Dead & Company and Springsteen recordings. They are all super! Never been a problem. Working with Nugs is a good thing, at least for the fans..

Too complicated for the management, they like only amateur stuff

I think a single person with just a decent background can do much better and at least cut the songs properly and do 44.1Khz
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:24:43 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »
I would love to do it..  ;D

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »

Too complicated for the management, they like only amateur stuff

I think a single person with just a decent background can do much better and at least cut the songs properly and do 44.1Khz

Exactly my thoughts. Such amateurish behaviour...

Anyway there is hope that Valencia is better done, when is it out? With 1 day delay should be today, but yes feels this is horribly managed and more delays to come for all recordings... :thumbsdown

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2019, 03:25:52 PM »
the only thing that matters is the final quality, 1day 1week 1month wait is not a problem to me
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineregaran

• Local Hero
  • Since 1988
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2019, 03:28:52 PM »
the only thing that matters is the final quality, 1day 1week 1month wait is not a problem to me

Fully aligned with you, even only one concert from the tour available, no issue for me, but with quality corresponding to MK Level !

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2019, 03:42:07 PM »

Totally agree....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
All sounds so disappointing. I had hoped they would be using the 3 week period between concert and release date to mix or at least edit the download well.

I'll probably still buy a few, but no where near as many as I have bought in past years.
This baker's boy from the West Country

Onlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2019, 10:58:42 PM »
Strange thing is, I bought the recording on the 15th, didn’t receive another email but my first email’s link is valid. ::)

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2019, 11:22:02 PM »
32 kHz sampling...ouch! How did they manage to mess that up? That said, the overall instrument balance is OK to me.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinecvstahl

• Local Hero
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2019, 11:41:08 PM »
32 kHz sampling...ouch! How did they manage to mess that up? That said, the overall instrument balance is OK to me.

In 2014 Springsteen started doing the live concert selling thing. I believe they started with Live Nation.

The thing was a mess......terrible mixing and errors in tracking the songs. People sent in feedback complaining about how bad the mixes were to the point they would redo the shows. They got better, but still not great. Finally Springsteen camp moved to Nugs.net and changed who did the mixing and things got much better.....but the 2014 shows were all done under the original group.

The point is.......at least with people sending in a lot of complaints about tracking AND how bad and amateurish the 1st show is as evidenced by doing it in 32 MHz.....hopefully they’ll redo the Barcelona show and going forward, do better with the rest.

They need to do the Flac files in 44.1

So every one who ordered Barcelona.....reach back out and complain about the 32 instead of 44.1 and the poor tracking of the songs. 

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2019, 09:26:56 AM »
Still no link.
Probably just as well as I don't want to feel even more ripped off listening to an "upscaled" mp3 flac.
There is nothing polite I can say about this so.......

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »
Is the FLAC version significantly better quality than the mp3?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2019, 11:20:27 AM »
Looks like this mess on the first release have brought more delays, now 2 days delay on Valencia as I expected at least  :lol

But, now it's all about quality and the basic obvious quality that they have failed with.. so better wait now and get proper quality then to stress and push out the rest in the same way...

Anyway it's not well managed

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 38 queries.