Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 162463 times)

OfflineRNRS001

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings
« Reply #480 on: July 16, 2019, 07:33:00 AM »
Right, I've just downloaded Antwerp as that's the only show I've seen. I think the mixing is pretty good, but very bass heavy. There's an unneccessary amount of bass in the recording making it hard to listen to on headphones. I've no idea why it's done like that? Apart from that the recording is crystal clear and by no means the mess I was expecting.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »
Right, I've just downloaded Antwerp as that's the only show I've seen. I think the mixing is pretty good, but very bass heavy. There's an unneccessary amount of bass in the recording making it hard to listen to on headphones. I've no idea why it's done like that? Apart from that the recording is crystal clear and by no means the mess I was expecting.

In fact the majority of the recordings are indeed very 'bassy' but like you say the recordings are generally crystal clear!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: 2019 Tour USB Stick Recordings
« Reply #482 on: July 16, 2019, 10:33:17 AM »
Speedway in Antwerp was a mess...

Indeed it is...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
« Reply #483 on: July 16, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »
I'm so glad they left in Mark' chatter into the Amsterdam recording, gives it a nice touch.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #484 on: July 16, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »
The recording from Amsterdam sounds far better then how it was in the Ziggodome. The sound is really crystal clear. I am really happy with this recording.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #485 on: July 17, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
The recording from Amsterdam sounds far better then how it was in the Ziggodome. The sound is really crystal clear. I am really happy with this recording.

It sounds better than the Antwerp recording but Danny is so loud. His shakers are the loudest in the mix, how is that even possible? Who mixes these recordings? The Kemper sounds shitty as well, doesn't work live, doesn't work on the recordings. I still think GL 2010 recordings are the best, closely followed by SL 2005 tour.

Milano 2005 and Amsterdam/Paris 2010 are my favorites. Overall the mix was crappy in 2013 as well but Malaga 2013 stands out, that one is great! I never listen to the 2015 recordings, can't understand how these got through the MK quality control.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:41:40 AM by TheTimeWasWrong »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2019, 12:14:19 PM »

It sounds better than the Antwerp recording but Danny is so loud. His shakers are the loudest in the mix, how is that even possible? Who mixes these recordings? The Kemper sounds shitty as well, doesn't work live, doesn't work on the recordings. I still think GL 2010 recordings are the best, closely followed by SL 2005 tour.

Milano 2005 and Amsterdam/Paris 2010 are my favorites. Overall the mix was crappy in 2013 as well but Malaga 2013 stands out, that one is great! I never listen to the 2015 recordings, can't understand how these got through the MK quality control.

Same with Stockholm. MFN at 3.30-3.40, Danny is too high in the mix making it sound weird...

Also wonder who is in charge of the mixing... Is it just a job getting done or a job getting done by someone who actually does the mixing carefully with a good sense of levels?

Offlinegarfield

• Guitar George
« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2019, 01:48:12 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a chance that the USB sticks will be in stock again?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #488 on: July 24, 2019, 01:53:51 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a chance that the USB sticks will be in stock again?

It says you can register for newsletter to be notified when/if new ones come in.

Otherwise check Ebay regularly, there was one for sale about a week ago for £40 but ended unsold, maybe it will appear again.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #489 on: July 24, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »
antwerp was an amazingly loud show, and i seem to remember that the bass was pretty high in the mix. that may be a reason as well
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »
Zurich was a very good show, you should definitely consider this concert as well. Great versions especially of Why aye Man, OATITW, Sailing, Brothers, Bacon Roll and also Speedway.

Offlinegarfield

• Guitar George
« Reply #491 on: July 30, 2019, 09:47:56 AM »

I have been following the site and the USB sticks are back in stock and on sale again.
If you order the USB stick and a recording, (together in the same order), you get the recording for free. 

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #492 on: July 30, 2019, 04:05:33 PM »
Guy confirmed he 'isn't overly impressed' with the mixes, says they are desk recordings. So it means they record straight from the desk which means if the bass goes heavy out front, it means we hear it on the recording too. So the quality of the recording must depend on the quality and the sound of the venue itself.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #493 on: July 30, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »
Guy confirmed he 'isn't overly impressed' with the mixes, says they are desk recordings. So it means they record straight from the desk which means if the bass goes heavy out front, it means we hear it on the recording too. So the quality of the recording must depend on the quality and the sound of the venue itself.

I don't think so, probable a dedicated desk but not a big mobile studio like one used by a record company.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2019, 12:11:09 AM »
It's never going to be live release album quality

I'm listening to the O2 recording now and it's up there with the best soundboard bootlegs we used to crave over. More than perfectly listenable and absolutely on tap

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 36 queries.