Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 162817 times)

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Re: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2019, 08:11:16 AM »
Guy confirmed he 'isn't overly impressed' with the mixes, says they are desk recordings. So it means they record straight from the desk which means if the bass goes heavy out front, it means we hear it on the recording too. So the quality of the recording must depend on the quality and the sound of the venue itself.

It's a shame Mark and Guy don't produce and mix the live shows themselves for a release like On The Night. At least the quality would be better, or just leave it to Guy if Mark doesn't have the time.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineMarkus

• Camerado
« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2019, 11:17:44 PM »
Mannheim is available. :)  :clap
Markus

MK DTRW Tour : Germany - Mannheim - SAP Arena - 2019-Jul-06

Offlineheiner.bremer

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #497 on: August 02, 2019, 08:40:57 AM »
Finally! :D Half-way through and instruments sound absolutely brilliant! Great version of CBC. Vocals are most of the time ok (unfortunately not on WAM). But what on earth happend to James Taylor's part in STP??? Sounds like "Dosentelefon" at best. It's so bad that I think it would have been not the worst idea to just leave it out. D:

Offlineheiner.bremer

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #498 on: August 02, 2019, 08:42:46 AM »
It's a shame Mark and Guy don't produce and mix the live shows themselves for a release like On The Night. At least the quality would be better, or just leave it to Guy if Mark doesn't have the time.
Playing AND mastering 80+ concerts? Hmm...  ???

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #499 on: August 02, 2019, 03:01:43 PM »
Finally! :D Half-way through and instruments sound absolutely brilliant! Great version of CBC. Vocals are most of the time ok (unfortunately not on WAM). But what on earth happend to James Taylor's part in STP??? Sounds like "Dosentelefon" at best. It's so bad that I think it would have been not the worst idea to just leave it out. D:

That what we call 'Danny Cummings'  ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2019, 05:53:50 PM »

I meant, they could choose the best show, or a compilation of the best performances of songs for a single album release.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #501 on: August 07, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »

I meant, they could choose the best show, or a compilation of the best performances of songs for a single album release.

I think we are getting a compilation free after the end of the tour.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #502 on: August 07, 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
Yes, but I guess it’s just a random selection of 16 songs being played on regular basis. I don’t expect the best of the best versions of each song. There aren’t many freaks out there like us comparing ALL versions of a song, analyzing in detail and picking the best of the best. ;D

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2019, 07:42:38 AM »

Really? I didn't know about that. Thanks Val.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2019, 08:11:07 AM »

Yes, we had an email from MarkKnopfler.com:

all MarkKnopfler.com pre-order customers will receive a complimentary future live recording from the forthcoming tour. More information on that and how our customers can take advantage of this very special offer will be provided in the coming weeks.

I was wrong about it being a compilation - probably just a recording of what they consider to be the best concert.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #505 on: August 08, 2019, 08:37:47 AM »

all MarkKnopfler.com pre-order customers will receive a complimentary future live recording from the forthcoming tour. More information on that and how our customers can take advantage of this very special offer will be provided in the coming weeks.

I was wrong about it being a compilation - probably just a recording of what they consider to be the best concert.

I remember for sure that it was said somewhere that it would be a compilation of "the best of the tour", actually I recall there was a number of songs mentioned, can't recall if it was 15 or 16... but I recall very well that it was said both.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »

I remember for sure that it was said somewhere that it would be a compilation of "the best of the tour", actually I recall there was a number of songs mentioned, can't recall if it was 15 or 16... but I recall very well that it was said both.

Yes, I thought so too, but I can't find it now!   I also remember it said 16 songs!    :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2019, 08:50:22 AM »
Here you go: https://support.markknopfler.com/support/solutions/articles/4000142432-how-do-i-get-my-complimentary-down-the-road-wherever-live-concert-digital-audio-download-

As a MarkKnopfler.com Down The Road Whereveralbum preorder/ticket presale customer you will be receiving a complimentary digital live recording from Mark's current tour.

The live recording itself will be a compilation of 16 tracks from some of the tour’s most memorable shows in your choice of either 320kbps MP3 or FLAC digital formats. Approximately 3 weeks after the last show, currently slated for September 22, you will be emailed a special code, link and instructions on how to claim your file.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2019, 08:58:08 AM »
Here you go: https://support.markknopfler.com/support/solutions/articles/4000142432-how-do-i-get-my-complimentary-down-the-road-wherever-live-concert-digital-audio-download-

As a MarkKnopfler.com Down The Road Whereveralbum preorder/ticket presale customer you will be receiving a complimentary digital live recording from Mark's current tour.

The live recording itself will be a compilation of 16 tracks from some of the tour’s most memorable shows in your choice of either 320kbps MP3 or FLAC digital formats. Approximately 3 weeks after the last show, currently slated for September 22, you will be emailed a special code, link and instructions on how to claim your file.

Many thanks!    I began to think I had dreamt it!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
« Reply #509 on: August 12, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »
What’s been the average wait time for shows recently? Can’t wait to get my hands on the Verona show and have preordered but it’s been 3 weeks and they seem a bit behind with the shows that are available,

Always a hard wait!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 38 queries.