Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RAH Dates - Just Announced  (Read 40173 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: RAH Dates - Just Announced
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »
I'm now thinking if I should do a second show this tour and RAH would be the choice. May 22nd, there's still some Rausing Circle and Gallery tickets available. Does anyone have experience on these, regarding the view and sound? Or if anyone has a ticket to sell, I could be interested :)
from my experiemce, there is NO bad seat in the house @RAH
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2019, 03:00:07 PM »
I agree, there is no bad seat at the RAH...especially as it is 'circular' the views and the sound are second to none... :wave
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2019, 05:44:44 PM »
I'm now thinking if I should do a second show this tour and RAH would be the choice. May 22nd, there's still some Rausing Circle and Gallery tickets available. Does anyone have experience on these, regarding the view and sound? Or if anyone has a ticket to sell, I could be interested :)

A section in the arena to the far left don't have a very good view.  Friends of mine received tickets for there in the pre-sale and weren't very happy with the view.  The choir behind the band have a rather unique view shall we say.  I sat there once and although I saw the back of Mark for most of the show I had a birds eye view of Guy.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2019, 05:51:46 PM »

A section in the arena to the far left don't have a very good view.  Friends of mine received tickets for there in the pre-sale and weren't very happy with the view.  The choir behind the band have a rather unique view shall we say.  I sat there once and although I saw the back of Mark for most of the show I had a birds eye view of Guy.
I purely meant sound

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2019, 05:57:40 PM »

I purely meant sound

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

Ahh.  Right-o.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2019, 07:29:56 PM »
Soundwise the RAH is structurally dirty echoing, it is beautiful but not on par with modern standard for sound.

We are very lucky that MK is using latest technology PA because I remember in 2001 being seated in a 2d tier box and that was sounding quite average.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2019, 09:09:29 PM »
saw Clapton a few times at rah , once I was in choir behind in 2009 and echoed badly, 2013 1st june for knopfler,i was in upper circle and during corned beef city guitar was way too loud and unconfutable, the  rest of concert was fine
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2019, 10:31:20 PM »
Soundwise the RAH is structurally dirty echoing, it is beautiful but not on par with modern standard for sound.

We are very lucky that MK is using latest technology PA because I remember in 2001 being seated in a 2d tier box and that was sounding quite average.

With you on that. Cant remember which year it was but do recall sitting somewhere just in front of the choir stalls and being subject to the worst snare echo ever!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2019, 10:56:24 PM »
saw Clapton a few times at rah ,

Oh dear... :wave :wave.

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2019, 11:06:27 PM »
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2019, 11:07:07 PM »

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2019, 12:29:01 AM »

With you on that. Cant remember which year it was but do recall sitting somewhere just in front of the choir stalls and being subject to the worst snare echo ever!

Press release on the RAH website that they have a new sound system. All might now be well...
https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2019/april/the-royal-albert-hall-unveils-new-record-breaking-audio-system/

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.