Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RAH Dates - Just Announced  (Read 40232 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: RAH Dates - Just Announced
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 09:51:26 PM »
You may make changes or additions to your request until 10:00 AM GMT on January 31st.

That's the message I got when ordered my fa tickets
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Just attempted signing up to request tickets. Perhaps predictably, the Fair Admission website has crashed.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
I wonder if "special guests" means anything else than supporting act...

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »
As I have never been to the RAH

What are the better tickets to request, Floor or Stall

Thanks Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »
As I have never been to the RAH

What are the better tickets to request, Floor or Stall

Thanks Brian

As in most cases it depends on where the seat is.  I have been in the Stalls before and had good seats.  They are stacked so no need to worry about a tall person in front of you and the chairs swivel so you can angle yourself toward the stage! 

The arena makes you feel right there and you can charge the stage for the encores, however the chairs aren't stacked so if you don't get near the front your view will be restricted.  There are also seats to the side that don't have a good view of the stage.  Friends of mine had them in 2013.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineElDonso

• Guitar George
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2019, 11:52:14 PM »
I find this new ticket system very confusing; I'm considering attending a RAH-concert. I live in Denmark, so I have to book flights, hotel etc. with an uncertain deadline for signing up through FA with no knowledge of floor vs stall seating positions... Don't want to go if I don't get a decent seat :/
Long time lurker, life long MK/DS fan. Mark inspired me to pick up the guitar

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2019, 01:56:32 AM »
Does anyone know when the normal sales start.My view on rah is there isn't a bad seat in the house.Would rather pay less money and sit a little higher if possible.Esp as i have to explain why i need to go twice in a week.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »
Does anyone know when the normal sales start.My view on rah is there isn't a bad seat in the house.Would rather pay less money and sit a little higher if possible.Esp as i have to explain why i need to go twice in a week.

I guess on 5th of february, as the pre-sale would be on the 4th...

At the RAH there are a lot of bad seats specially if you go to general sale, in presales usually floor and arena sections are sold out, sometimes not but the onlyone availables are the ones far away from the stage, and the circles tickets many times have restricted view... I don't recommend you to go to general sale, there is no guarantee you get a good seat (that would be worse that the ones in FA and presale) at all.

RAH concerts are very demanded from fans from all over the world, take that in consideration.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2019, 11:08:16 AM »
It's now on the RAH website:

Priority Booking for Friends & Patrons opens at 9am on Thursday 7 February
Tickets will go on general sale at 10am on Friday 8 February

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2019, 02:29:30 PM »
thanks.
I have been before to see him at the rah and have sat on the floor about 20 rows back.Wasn't overly enthused.Chances are as there are only 2 shows it will be majorly over subscribed anyway but at rah as they have all the seats on the floor fair admission actually does mean the best seats.In the 02 that wasn't the case and better seats were available in the pre-sale and general sale.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2019, 11:00:38 AM »
Just today I found this text in this url:
https://fairadmission.markknopfler.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mk_0129_2019&utm_content=royal_albert#/rah

Royal Albert Hall inventory and process details.

MarkKnopfler.com has 1200 tickets for each of the two concerts at Royal Albert Hall. The total inventory available through MarkKnopfler.com is split between the floor and the stalls. The available inventory will be identical for both concerts. All tickets will be priced at 95.25 GBP for pre-sales. At the time of announce, we are still waiting for the specific inventory. The promoter has told us that MarkKnopfler.com inventory includes ALL 770 seats on the Arena Floor and the remainder (430 tickets) will be best Stalls.

You may request either floor or stall seats during the Fair Admission registration. Fair Admission will take RAH ticket requests until Thursday morning. You may request up to four tickets through Fair Admission. You may request tickets to both shows. However, if you receive tickets for one show, your account will be ranked lower for the random draw for the second show. All tickets purchased through Fair Admission bare a separate Fair Admission fee of 2.30 GBP. All Fair Admission ticket requests are drawn at random. If your request is able to be filled, you will receive a link to a shopping cart with your requested number of tickets by 11:59 PM GMT on Thursday, January 31st. You will have until Saturday, February 2nd at 10 AM to complete your purchase. All ticket orders completed through Fair Admission will be seated together.

You do not have to register for Fair Admission to participate in the regular MarkKnopfler.com pre-sales event. Regular pre-sales will occur on February 4, 2019 at 10 AM GMT and run until February 7. All inventory not purchased through the Fair Admission process will be available through pre-sales.

Both shows at RAH are expected to be in demand. As with the rest of the Down the Road Wherever tour, tickets purchased through Fair Admission will be assigned prior to tickets purchased through the regular pre-sale. All seat assignments will occur after the close of MarkKnopfler.com pre-sales on February 7. You will receive your RAH seat assignments no later than February 25th (and likely sooner).

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »
I find this new ticket system very confusing; I'm considering attending a RAH-concert. I live in Denmark, so I have to book flights, hotel etc. with an uncertain deadline for signing up through FA with no knowledge of floor vs stall seating positions... Don't want to go if I don't get a decent seat :/

According to what mk.com says about Fair Admission tickets here: https://fairadmission.markknopfler.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mk_0129_2019&utm_content=royal_albert#/rah, arena tickets could be either good tickets or bad, as they have ALL the seats in the arena...

Maybe a better bid would be the stalls, they said they have the best seats in stalls.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2019, 11:15:23 AM »
I think so, too.
You'll probably get better seats in the stalls, but chances are better to get a ticket at all if you go for floor tickets since they have more of it than for stalls.
In this new FA age it's not about good seats anymore, it is just to get into the RAH at all!

PS: Shouldn't the registration window be closed by now? It's still open...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:35:38 AM by skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2019, 11:26:44 AM »
I think so, too.
You'll probably get better seats in the stalls, but chances are better to get a ticket at all if you go for floor tickets since they have more of it than for stalls.
In this new FA age it's not about good seats anymore, it is just to get into the RAH at all!

PS: Shouldn't the registration window be closed by now?

yes, I think that in one hour and half they send the results of the FA by mail...

I think this is the first time that mk.com has all the arena seats. Usually there were just the first 20 rows or something like that if I recall well.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »
I think that in one hour and half they send the results of the FA by mail...

I like your optimism!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:21:47 PM by skydiver »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 38 queries.