Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Produced by Guy Fletcher  (Read 35924 times)

hunter

Re: Produced by Guy Fletcher
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »
Saying "this album is great" does nothing at all. Saying "this Continental organ sounds out of the place" — that's more helpful.

The only people who get to read your bashing are the forum members here. You got your point across. Good. That's your opinion. Fine. Can you move on?

But helpful? Please! For whom? Who do you think you are?

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2018, 05:49:51 PM »
I highly doubt that Mark took this path in order to sell more.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »

Exactly.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2018, 06:58:10 PM »
Saying "this album is great" does nothing at all. Saying "this Continental organ sounds out of the place" — that's more helpful.

The only people who get to read your bashing are the forum members here. You got your point across. Good. That's your opinion. Fine. Can you move on?

I guess you've made too many typos in the two words "shut up". This is what you want to say to me? Who do you think YOU are?

This is not the level of discussion I can care about, so I'll just ignore your messages from now on.

Exactly.

I never said that he took this path to sell more. I said this path will make the album sell more, but it's not the same things, people. Come on.

hunter

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »

I guess you've made too many typos in the two words "shut up". This is what you want to say to me? Who do you think YOU are?

This is not the level of discussion I can care about, so I'll just ignore your messages from now on.

No, I don't tell - or ask - you to shut up as first of all that's not in my power to do. But I'll be honest with you and tell you that you come across as whining as there's basically no thread where you have not stated something negative about the new songs.

Secondly: Honestly, for whom do you think your criticism is helpful?

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2018, 07:30:37 PM »
No, I don't tell - or ask - you to shut up as first of all that's not in my power to do. But I'll be honest with you and tell you that you come across as whining as there's basically no thread where you have not stated something negative about the new songs.

Secondly: Honestly, for whom do you think your criticism is helpful?

My criticism is as helpful as any criticism OR praise from anyone else on this forum. In a matter of fact, this whole forum is useless if you come to think of it really. We're just discussing songs with someone with whom we've never even met (for the most part, I know there are a lot of friends, don't kill me please, thanks). So you criticising my criticism is just another level of uselessness in this little world of AMIT.

I get your frustration, but can't you just acknowledge the fact that there are some fans out there, who's old, who's young, been on 100 shows, been on 2 shows, been fans for 30 years, for 10 years, 1 year — there are fans out there who's absolutely pissed off with the new album. We are fans, we love MK and his music, but we're absolutely frustrated because we're fans. We want to hear better music form our favourite musician and that's all.

I hope I've answered your question.

hunter

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »
So it's like a "Dylan going electric" moment for you?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:49:35 PM by hunter »

Love Expresso

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2018, 07:43:24 PM »
Don't underestimate the input many people get from many other ones on here. It's helpful and useful. You could doubt communiaction per se if you don't see what a forum like this is about.

LE

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2018, 07:51:18 PM »
So it's like "Dylan going electric" moment for you?

Exactly, this is the best analogy that you can think of and I really mean that. I guess this whole controversy with the new album is a good thing. This means that Mark is evolving, it's the very positive thing. As with Dylan going electric, my personal problem is not the fact itself, but its implementation. To quote Wikipedia article:

"I think most of all I was angry that Dylan... not that he'd played electric, but that he'd played electric with a really poor sound system. It was not like it is on the record [the official album]. It was a wall of mush. That, and it seemed like a cavalier performance, a throwaway performance compared with the intensity of the acoustic set earlier on. There were rumblings all around me and the people I was with were making noises and looking at each other. It was a build-up."

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
Don't underestimate the input many people get from many other ones on here. It's helpful and useful. You could doubt communiaction per se if you don't see what a forum like this is about.

LE

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this forum. I said that no matter criticise you or praise, it's just between us here. Mark and his team won't see you worship the new record, nor your hatred towards it. I know criticising can be annoying, and for that I'm sorry. I just write that I really feel and it's just happens to be on the critical side. I'm not the devil and if I'd write only praise I won't be an angel as well.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:20 PM »
Harsh that Quizzy is being singled out here. I've also been critical of GF's production although I've only listened to the two singles so far.

The ability to talk freely without fear or favour is the very reason we set up this forum 10 years ago. Wasn't possible under TK's regime.

As far as I can see, Quizzy has stated his opinions clearly and presented his arguments without being critical of other members is he hasn't broken any rules. Give the guy a break.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
Harsh that Quizzy is being singled out here. I've also been critical of GF's production although I've only listened to the two singles so far.

The ability to talk freely without fear or favour is the very reason we set up this forum 10 years ago. Wasn't possible under TK's regime.

As far as I can see, Quizzy has stated his opinions clearly and presented his arguments without being critical of other members is he hasn't broken any rules. Give the guy a break.

I think no one has a problem with criticism or differing tastes/opinions. But when someone, quizzaciously in this case, seemingly is using every opportunity to say something negative about the new songs - it's more or less in every thread - it gets tiring. Like a broken record. "OK, we got it."

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2018, 08:41:21 PM »
If he doesn't like something in every song then he should absolutely comment on every song.

Freedom of speech is a very important thing. Donald Trump is trying to shut down people voicing dissenting opinions in America right now. Quizzy is basically AMIT's CNN. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »
Quizzy is basically AMIT's CNN. :)

One could also see it the other way round.
That he knows everything better, that other musicians (at BG) do everything wrong and that he has to have the last word at everything.
And then we are at Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:53:39 PM by Skydiver »

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
If he doesn't like something in every song then he should absolutely comment on every song.

Freedom of speech is a very important thing. Donald Trump is trying to shut down people voicing dissenting opinions in America right now. Quizzy is basically AMIT's CNN. :)

+1000
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 46 queries.