Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Produced by Guy Fletcher  (Read 36565 times)

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
Re: Produced by Guy Fletcher
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »
We can't all like the same things, that's for sure. But neither can we put a younger man's head on MK's shoulders. There's no doubt he has mellowed some, but as he he's frequently said, he always looks forward, not back. Perhaps he's just gotten bored with what's gone before, and just wants to mix it up a bit? He's renowned for wanting it his way, but in recent years he's also wanted the band to give more input, get more acknowledgment. He's also pointed out the song is the important thing, pulling back from fancy guitar solos. Yes, I'd love him to create some of the raw stuff I was listening to him play nearly forty years ago, but do you know what, I like the two songs I've limited myself to so far, and previous experience has shown that listening to the CD through headphones sounds far better than what I've heard on in lossy DAB broadcasts on the radio. I'm just glad he's still producing music I do like.

hunter

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »
So anyway, it's an exciting time, let's get along and enjoy it, even if we don't enjoy the record, no need to get personal.

Indeed. And if someone doesn't enjoy the record, there's also no reason to make it into a pi$$ing match, right?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2018, 10:21:47 PM »
So anyway, it's an exciting time, let's get along and enjoy it, even if we don't enjoy the record, no need to get personal.

Indeed. And if someone doesn't enjoy the record, there's also no reason to make it into a pi$$ing match, right?
Couldn't agree more, if people hadn't had a go at Quizzy just for voicing a different view I wouldn't have felt the need to wade in so can we agree to let him (and maybe me on Friday, who knows) have his say?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

hunter

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2018, 10:21:58 PM »
previous experience has shown that listening to the CD through headphones sounds far better than what I've heard on in lossy DAB broadcasts on the radio.

This is a very good point. The tracks we have so far have atrocious sound quality. Once you get them in CD quality or at least 320 kbps MP3, I'm positive things will seem a lot better.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »
Call me Trump anytime you want, guys  :wave

But... if you call me Che, Fidel or Lula I will not take it  :disbelief

Now can we please get back to music? It’s Pavel’s right to dislike the new songs.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »
If he doesn't like something in every song then he should absolutely comment on every song.

Of course he shouldn't.
Nobody just wants to read negativity and it is virtually impossible that a MK fan will find every song on DTRW to be worthy of such scorn.
I'm all for constructive criticism but just being critical based on some crappy samples and having little idea how the complete album sounds or works cohesively isn't constructive.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2018, 10:43:26 PM »
Firstly, yes I do want to read negativity. I will buy anything MK puts out because he has earned my trust but in general before I buy a record or watch a film I read reviews. If they are bad, fine, I don't buy.

Secondly, how can someone give "constructive" criticism of an MK record? It's done. Finished. Constructed. He's never going to change it.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2018, 10:44:25 PM »
 The order of songs. Album layout. Climate. Everything is important.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2018, 10:47:14 PM »
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Good words to consider during this discussion

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2018, 10:50:56 PM »
It's surprising the incapacity of this forum to accept any opinion who is not positive.

Really surprising and sad. Only sheeps would do such a thing.

Guys, are you sheeps?

Accept negative opinions the same way you accept positive. There is no black or white. It's all layers of greys...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2018, 10:55:53 PM »
It's surprising the incapacity of this forum to accept any opinion who is not positive.

Really surprising and sad. Only sheeps would do such a thing.

Guys, are you sheeps?

Accept negative opinions the same way you accept positive. There is no black or white. It's all layers of greys...

Exactly. I’m in love with this album and disagree with almost everything Pavel said about it, but hey, his opinion is just as important as anyone else’s. He’s a huge fan who happens to be disappointed in the songs he came across so far and is getting it off his chest, no big deal.

I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

hunter

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »
Isn't this basically the "tour moaning" discussion all over again? What was the ruling by the moderators on that? Let the moaning few moan until their faces turn blue?

Love Expresso

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »
Moaning about tour/set list/Trump/David K. is ok, moaning about the moaners is not. I guess it was.

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2018, 11:03:08 PM »
Moaning about tour/set list/Trump/David K. is ok, moaning about the moaners is not. I guess it was.

LE

E.x.a.c.t.l.y.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2018, 11:04:29 PM »
Wow, Skydiver is pretty mad at me. Hey man, I can guarantee you if you'd know me in real life you'd talk another language. In the Internet we're all like actors, different people than in the real life. People who know me personally they know that I basically trust nothing and nobody and not afraid of nothing and anybody. If I hear the worst drums in the whole MK's discography (One Song At A Time) I feel free to say it and have people behind me to agree. I'm not an expert, but even I hear that the drum job on this track is really not the best one. What do you have to prove me wrong? That it's the best drum pattern you've ever heard in your life? That's what I'm talking about.

Dusty, thanks for that CNN line, it made my day :lol

Quizzy, I'm with you. You have the same right to be negative that others to be negative.

Actually I listened to the songs once or none, and I have mixed feelings about what I heard. I like it for.some reasons and dislike them for.others...

I might insist. Respect all.opinions. if you don't nlike different opinions, a fan forum is not your place. Unless you search for a.place full.of sheeps.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 46 queries.