Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DTRW promo  (Read 5847 times)

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
DTRW promo
« on: December 28, 2018, 06:59:07 PM »
Believe it or not, there has been no promo at all for Down The Road Wherever in Brazil. No articles, no reviews (apart from the odd music blog here and there), no interviews, nothing whatsoever. Make no mistake, despite Mark's long absence our man has a pretty solid fanbase here and in South America in general. I mentioned that to Guy. He said it was strange but more than two weeks later nothing has happened.

I miss Ed Bicknell.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: DTRW promo
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 07:14:23 PM »
Well, what to say for Europe ... they did a minimum (if I'm not mistaken) of promotional campaign but it was not enough to sell the album a lot. Evidently they have understood (for some time) that the only hope for gaining are live concerts. At this point I think that any upcoming album could only be published online and avoid the costs of production of the physical media. :(

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:29:01 PM »
Even in the UK there has been little to none.  One TV appearance on a breakfast show (hardly primetime) and a handful of radio interviews with old pals is negligible.  Only one live performance of a new song from these too.  We must also bear in mind that a lot of the time on these interviews he spent talking about the Local Hero thing and never even mentioned a tour.  I have visions of half-filled venues unless he gets out there instead of visiting somewhere like The Maldives.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 09:02:37 AM »
And after Guy's mum passing away, they might cancel some live appearance on TV or radio.  MK only go abroad to Italy to collect his award.  Even a Matchstick Man was not played live.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »
Yeah, it is rather strange. What intrigues me the most though is the fact that the label that handles his stuff in Brazil didn't even bother to send copies to any media outlets so that they could publish their reviews. It's definitely a first. Every single album Mark's released prior to DTRW got reviewed by all relevant media over here.

It probably has everything to do with what GIUMK said. Since they only focus now on recording albums to trigger off profitable tours why would they promote the album in countries they won't visit?
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinenando_5994

• Local Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:42 AM »
Zero airplay in Portugal! Also very strange. They only got some promotion in a radio that plays music from 70, 80 and 90s. And mainly thay promote the concert not the album. Usualy there is a radio special. last album, it was for a week that, airplay everyday on the most important news radio in Portugal. Also it was very exposed in FNAC stores, this time very unexposed. The most strange? The concert is already SOLD OUT!

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 12:11:49 AM »
Its been touched on before, but the Southern Hemisphere has been very badly supported by MK and his entourage in recent years. 

No promo's or launches here either.

TBH, I'm not sure where it would fit on radio here....unfortunately we don't seen to get an NZ equivalent of Radio 2! ;D
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 12:49:52 PM »
I have seen a DTRW tv spot here in the Netherlands. And a few interviews for magazines

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »
In germany also only promo for the concerts.
A tv spot and some posters.
The Mark Knopfler twitter account is a bit more active.
The cD sold quite good here and the concerts move to sold out. It all does not interest our man. He makes his music and later play his gigs. I hope in a good shape
Love will find a Way

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 04:12:02 PM »
Even in the UK there has been little to none.  One TV appearance on a breakfast show (hardly primetime) and a handful of radio interviews with old pals is negligible.  Only one live performance of a new song from these too.  We must also bear in mind that a lot of the time on these interviews he spent talking about the Local Hero thing and never even mentioned a tour.  I have visions of half-filled venues unless he gets out there instead of visiting somewhere like The Maldives.
i have never seen them so active on the reminding people the tour is going to come front though. in every twitter, insta or FB post they refer to the coming tour.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 12:55:07 PM »
i have never seen them so active on the reminding people the tour is going to come front though. in every twitter, insta or FB post they refer to the coming tour.

That is true, although I can't speak for Twitter or Instagram.  The power of social media will pull in the younger crowd perhaps and probably make for a...less genteel atmosphere.  ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 01:01:42 PM »

That is true, although I can't speak for Twitter or Instagram.  The power of social media will pull in the younger crowd perhaps and probably make for a...less genteel atmosphere.  ;D

The running of the bulls doesn't feel very genteel to me!     ;D     :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 01:41:24 PM »

The running of the bulls doesn't feel very genteel to me!     ;D     :lol

2019 introduces the CHARGING OF THE BULLS!!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.