Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mk in sky arts Italy  (Read 11131 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Mk in sky arts Italy
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 12:30:33 AM »
for some reason part 2 disappeared, it was very nice

this is part 3
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 02:13:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing!  Very good interview, nice to hear MK's childhood connection to music.  Hope part 2 can reappear.  And maybe there will be part 4?  It seems not finished at the end of part 3.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 02:29:07 AM »
Thanks for sharing.
I think it’s the most beautiful and personal interview I’ve ever seen of Mark, very humble and wise, I like his point about the difference between success and fame, very interesting, hopefully we’ll have the complete interview one day, a must to have.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OnlineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 09:09:29 AM »
One of his best interviews, there is always future in his mind!!  :clap :clap :clap :clap

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 09:11:38 AM »
Great interview.  Is there a way to save these interviews I wonder?   :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »

Part 1 and 3 saved, but part 2 disappeared.  I tried to contact an Italian fan on FB, but he doesn't know who record these videos.  Maybe PensaGhost can help ask in Italian fan forum/FB group?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 09:31:27 AM »

Part 1 and 3 saved, but part 2 disappeared.  I tried to contact an Italian fan on FB, but he doesn't know who record these videos.  Maybe PensaGhost can help ask in Italian fan forum/FB group?

How can I download Part 1 and 3?
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »

I'll send them to you.  Hope I can get all of them.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »

I'll send them to you.  Hope I can get all of them.

Thank you, allen - you're a star!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »
Thanks for sharing.
I think it’s the most beautiful and personal interview I’ve ever seen of Mark, very humble and wise, I like his point about the difference between success and fame, very interesting, hopefully we’ll have the complete interview one day, a must to have.

A very good interview indeed. These last few interviews have given a lot of new insights into MK's world, by himself.

I'm a little saddened to hear how he deliberately let the guitar suffer in order to write more. I think he could have balanced it better to be honest. If not to really evolve, but at least to maintain and nurture what he had. As many of us think, hearing him play Sultans or Telegraph the last tours has not been a nice experience.

As for the success/fame thing, I think fame can be an amazing tool for the right person. You have a lot of influence and can reach a great number of people, for charity work for instance.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

A very good interview indeed. These last few interviews have given a lot of new insights into MK's world, by himself.

I'm a little saddened to hear how he deliberately let the guitar suffer in order to write more. I think he could have balanced it better to be honest. If not to really evolve, but at least to maintain and nurture what he had. As many of us think, hearing him play Sultans or Telegraph the last tours has not been a nice experience.

As for the success/fame thing, I think fame can be an amazing tool for the right person. You have a lot of influence and can reach a great number of people, for charity work for instance.

Both Sultans and TR were very good in 2015 at Manchester, as was the entire concert - extra long too.  So he can do it if he tries!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »
Thanks for sharing part 3 - MK humble as ever...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »
He keeps mentioning "respecting one's talent"; you'd think Mark's guitar abilities would a (great) talent? Maybe he considers his songwriting talent greater, or is the stronger "calling", and therefore focuses on it. Which I totally respect. And I totally respect that people change over time. Still, his playing style was/is so unique though. I'm not sure he realizes how much that alone means to people/fans.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 12:56:05 PM »
He keeps mentioning "respecting one's talent"; you'd think Mark's guitar abilities would a (great) talent? Maybe he considers his songwriting talent greater, or is the stronger "calling", and therefore focuses on it. Which I totally respect. And I totally respect that people change over time. Still, his playing style was/is so unique though. I'm not sure he realizes how much that alone means to people/fans.

Precisely, he is so humble. As we all know he loves the deal of his music coming into our lives and us giving it life if you know what I mean... It's probably only when/if you are lucky enough to ever chat to him face to face that you realise what a genuine chap he is with what he says...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 01:05:21 PM »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 40 queries.