Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: John Illsley - Coming up for Air  (Read 3147 times)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
John Illsley - Coming up for Air
« on: February 07, 2019, 10:01:59 PM »
New Album due for Release on March 1st

John’s brand new album will be released on the 1st of March. Pre order now and get your hands (and ears) on it before anyone else. Free T-shirt with the first 100 orders.

Recorded at the beautiful British Grove studios, the new album features Robbie McIntosh and Scott Mckeon on guitars and a host of other exceptional musicians.

Tracklist TBC.

All pre-orders will be delivered on or before the 1st of March 2019.

£ 9.99

https://moses-bogarde-c23s.squarespace.com/blog/2019/2/2/new-album-due-for-release-on-march-1st

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
Re: John Illsley - Coming up for Air
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:29:50 AM »
Is anyone else going to JI's 'An evening with John Illsley - The LIfe and Times of Dire Straits' at Teddington on 14 or 15 March? Or is there a thread about it elsewhere I've missed?

hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 11:58:12 AM »
Listening to the album now on Tidal. Very nice, very DS in feel, great playing by Robbie M. John's voice is still a little hard to deal with for me, but this is his best solo album, I think.

hunter

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 09:25:17 PM »
Anyone else had a listen yet?

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 10:16:59 PM »
Hi there.
Yes, I listened to it too (and even bought it on your site). It's really very beautiful. It has a very DS sound: at least 3 very thick songs and some notes that sometimes recall the last Pink Floyd. However, it's really a great album. Even for me it is the best he has done so far. :)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 04:43:25 PM »
Sounds like the usual soup to me

JI's voice always makes me smile, it's not that it's bad by itself, but it's like he is always singing exactly the same song in any album

The only good things are some licks/sounds by Robbie at the guitar, nothing else
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

hunter

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 05:13:32 PM »
Sounds like the usual soup to meJI's voice always makes me smile, it's not that it's bad by itself, but it's like he is always singing exactly the same song in any albumThe only good things are some licks/sounds by Robbie at the guitar, nothing else
Yes, his voice and musical repertoire are his weakest points. But in my opinion, this album is better than his previous ones. It sounds really good too. Is it Guy who was the engineer?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 43 queries.