Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Phil Collins live  (Read 2129 times)

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
Phil Collins live
« on: June 16, 2019, 11:52:47 AM »
To get over the waiting time for my next show with Mark a bit easier,I went to see Phil yesterday in our local arena together with 40000 other people. Weather was great.
I was a big fan in his heydays but had lost a bit track in the last years.

But I must say it was worth every Euro spent. When he came on the stage, limping with a walking stick, the whole arena was standing, sending shivers down my spine. The show was spectacular with a lot of laughing and really got me back 30 years.
Last song was Take me home after two hours, as it was getting dark, everybody had his mobile on,  the full moon over the stadium- really breathtaking!

Now to get back to Mark, compared to Phil, Mark appears as a spring chicken and youthful. So there is stll hope for more concerts, me looking forward to my next one in 9 days!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Phil Collins live
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 12:37:38 PM »
Glad you enjoyed Phil.  One of Dusty's favourites too! 

The only difference is that Mark has to play guitar and that requires a degree of dexterity.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »
Agree, you can not really compare both shows. After seeing Phil unable to even walk alone, I hope Mark can play for a while, even it may not be to a standard that we would like to hear.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 12:19:57 AM »
My daughter went to see him in Sydney. She loved it, but was sad not hear Groovy Kind of Love as it used to be a bedtime song when she was little...
My wife & I were on holiday at the time and we had a little message back and forth after the concert; I can't resist sharing.

Glad to hear you enjoyed too. It's good to see Phil back in action, enjoying life.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

hunter

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 09:27:26 AM »
My daughter went to see him in Sydney. She loved it, but was sad not hear Groovy Kind of Love as it used to be a bedtime song when she was little...
My wife & I were on holiday at the time and we had a little message back and forth after the concert; I can't resist sharing.

Glad to hear you enjoyed too. It's good to see Phil back in action, enjoying life.

That's more punnery than the internet can take, Fletch. Someone may hit the reset button, and it's back to genesis.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.509 seconds with 39 queries.