Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tour rehearsals  (Read 52945 times)

OfflineGuitarChris

• Guitar George
  • We are the Sultans, we are the Sultans of Swing
Re: Tour rehearsals
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »
Lets just hope TR RETURNS to the setlist, remember, it was dropped for the last part of the last tour... Heartbreaking. Though, as someone who isn't old enough to have ever heard TOL live, I would consider that really something special.

I also wouldn't mind the return of WII. I kind of miss that as an opener to be honest.

I am someone who isn't old enough to have heard Brothers in Arms live. It is heartbraking for me that they didn't play it on the last two tours at the concerts I have visited. In my opinion they should play WII, R&J, SOS, TR and BIA at every show. This are the biggest 'milestones'/ 'historical items'. I think most of the people who go to a MK concert go there because of this songs...
Owner of a Fender Stratocaster Mark Knopfler Signature

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »
Lets just hope TR RETURNS to the setlist, remember, it was dropped for the last part of the last tour... Heartbreaking. Though, as someone who isn't old enough to have ever heard TOL live, I would consider that really something special.

I also wouldn't mind the return of WII. I kind of miss that as an opener to be honest.

I am someone who isn't old enough to have heard Brothers in Arms live. It is heartbraking for me that they didn't play it on the last two tours at the concerts I have visited. In my opinion they should play WII, R&J, SOS, TR and BIA at every show. This are the biggest 'milestones'/ 'historical items'. I think most of the people who go to a MK concert go there because of this songs...

There are certain songs that should be performed and although he can't play all of them I agree that most of these should be.  Personally I don't care for BIA as I've heard it a million times and it isn't that long since he played it.  He could do MFN or WOL again though as these haven't been played since 2005.  I'd actually really like to hear WOL again and never thought I'd be saying that.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 07:06:43 PM »
I've been thinking....

Trapper Man of course should be in the setlist somewhere, but as an opener? No, not if:

* Paul Crockford once again shows up in the British colour yelling "GOOOOD EVENING LAAADIES AAAAAND GENTLEMEEEN!! PLEEEASE WELCOME BACK TO BARCELONA; MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK KNOPPPPFLLAAAH!"

With that energy from the start, What It Is fits better as the setlist opener, like on the 2013 tour...

Trapper Man will indeed be the opener, if this tour's default setlist is similar to 2015:

*First song of the album acts like the opener (so did Broken Bones)

So, if we get that announcement once again, I hope What It Is, or maybe Why Aye Man is the opener, with that much energy from the start with his yelling it would be wrong to play Trapper Man with that calm intro. Then he could come out on stage and talk with a low voice, nearly whispering  :lol :lol :lol

SETLIST OPENER 2019 --->  WHAT IT IS  / WHY AYE MAN

My other thought is that GOYS will be entirely dropped from the set-list.
Same with 2015 tour, Beryl was the kind of promotional song of the album, was not played in the concerts. I think same will happen to GOYS..

Anyone agree about the setlist opener?  :thumbsup

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 07:15:12 PM »
I've been thinking....

Trapper Man of course should be in the setlist somewhere, but as an opener? No, not if:

* Paul Crockford once again shows up in the British colour yelling "GOOOOD EVENING LAAADIES AAAAAND GENTLEMEEEN!! PLEEEASE WELCOME BACK TO BARCELONA; MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK KNOPPPPFLLAAAH!"

With that energy from the start, What It Is fits better as the setlist opener, like on the 2013 tour...

Trapper Man will indeed be the opener, if this tour's default setlist is similar to 2015:

*First song of the album acts like the opener (so did Broken Bones)

So, if we get that announcement once again, I hope What It Is, or maybe Why Aye Man is the opener, with that much energy from the start with his yelling it would be wrong to play Trapper Man with that calm intro. Then he could come out on stage and talk with a low voice, nearly whispering  :lol :lol :lol

SETLIST OPENER 2019 --->  WHAT IT IS  / WHY AYE MAN

My other thought is that GOYS will be entirely dropped from the set-list.
Same with 2015 tour, Beryl was the kind of promotional song of the album, was not played in the concerts. I think same will happen to GOYS..

Anyone agree about the setlist opener?  :thumbsup

Who knows.. Cannibals wasn't expected in 2008, I still think that's a great opener.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
I think that Trapper Man is a good opener.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 07:53:58 PM »
I think that Trapper Man is a good opener.

Yes it's probably a great opener, but it doesn't fit if Paul is meant to invade the stage again with his yelling :D

Better do it calm then, would suit Trapper Man better  :thumbsup

Offlinejordan

• Guitar George
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 05:23:17 AM »
Sorry if I missed this, has there been any announcement yet of who exactly is in the band for this tour?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 06:22:06 AM »
Sorry if I missed this, has there been any announcement yet of who exactly is in the band for this tour?

The band line-up for the DTRW-Tour:

1. Mark Knopfler (guitar & vocals),
2. Guy Fletcher (keyboards),
3. Richard Bennett (guitar),
4. Jim Cox (piano),
5. Mike McGoldrick (whistle and flute),
6. John McCusker (fiddle and cittern),
7. Glenn Worf (bass),
8. Danny Cummings (percussion),
9. Ian Thomas (drums),
10. Graeme Blevins (saxophone),
11. Tom Walsh (trumpet).

Onlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
I think Back On The Dance Floor will be the opener.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 11:35:39 AM »
I think Back On The Dance Floor will be the opener.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

yes
from DTRW  he will play  machstick and one song at a time and nothing else IMO
from DS only 4 or 5 tracks R&J-SFA-SOS(I hope in 1996 version)-YLT and OES (I think that not will play TR)
from Solo I bet in Privateering-Corned beef city ticket I suppose
.......this to say that unfortunately I don't expect big surprises, in fact we should just thank him for to go on stage again, whatever he plays or sing, just be there with us again together again
 :thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:42:49 AM by straitsway75 »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
There has to be at least one song with trumpet or else no reason to take Tom Walsh on tour!   ;)

BOTD for opener!   :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 03:40:57 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 11:53:40 AM »
There has to be at least one song with trumpet or else no reason to take Graeme Blevins on tour!   ;)

Exactly.  Plus Guy as much as admitted this would be played on his forum.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:59:06 AM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 11:58:35 AM »
There has to be at least one song with trumpet or else no reason to take Graeme Blevins on tour!   ;)

This makes the perfect opportunity for OES to be featured the whole tour and not only the US part.. that's why I mentioned it in earlier post.

Maybe also "I Used To Could" makes a permanent comeback too??

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2019, 11:29:33 PM »
As for DS songs i think TR will be out  :thumbsdown. But in a way it is expected since they dropped it on the last leg of the tour in 2015.
I expect R&J Sultans YLT BIA and i have a feeling also WOL will be played again. Haven’t they played that one with sax on a private gig many years ago??? And if we get lucky perhaps a DS song that was not a hit in the old days. Something like The mans to strong, you and your friend or hand in hand  :think
4/5 or 6 DS songs is all we get i think with 6 at the most. Then again, if this really is his last big tour who knows what he will do. What about 6 songs from the new album. 6 DS songs plus WII HFB Speedway and GH and we have a 16 song setlist  ;D

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 10:46:00 AM »
Perhaps Mark should take the approach my band does and never bother to rehearse, and fill the entire set with random requests from the audience....

Its far more dangerous and much more fun! :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 38 queries.