Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #01 DTRW TOUR - Apr 25 2019 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 107237 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
It's the cheapest place in town to book as nothing happens there besides concerts or other shows. Not any team of whatever sport plays there, at all.

Weird. For sure it wasn't designed to be a concert hall.

It was designed to host the Barcelona Olympic games, the basketball games and some others.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

hunter

It's the cheapest place in town to book as nothing happens there besides concerts or other shows. Not any team of whatever sport plays there, at all.

It was designed to host the Barcelona Olympic games, the basketball games and some others.

Right.

Obviously they do it to sell enough tickets to cover the touring costs. But sonically it's a disaster.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer

Right.

Obviously they do it to sell enough tickets to cover the touring costs. But sonically it's a disaster.
So it's like the O2 in London , I see

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

When I was in Barcelona years ago I walked all the way up there just to see the venue where DS played (nutter  :lol).  It's not such a bad place really.  Isn't there a stadium next door too?  I seem to recall the doors were open and I had a peek inside.  Apart from that there's nothing much up there from what I recall apart from views over the city.

Apparently the tenants are FC Barcelona.  Wonder if Messi will be at the concert...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:49:52 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
The stadium next the Sant Jordi is the Olympic stadium, and nobody plays there. While th RCD Espanyol football team was building their new stadium they played their home games there, but since they moved to their new stadium, nobody plays there, besides some American football games from time to time and big concerts like U2, Bruce Springsteen, acdc etc

Palau Sant Jordi is a tricky place because of the acoustics. I attended there many concerts and they usually sounds well. I saw MK there I think two times with the stage at the middle of the arena and the sound wasn't bad considering half venue was empty behind the stage and the sound was being loose through the Dome...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
I don't know if we should take it with a grain of salt, but Mikel Camps is saying, on the Spanish City group on FB, that tomorrow will be a huge surprise.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I don't know if we should take it with a grain of salt, but Mikel Camps is saying, on the Spanish City group on FB, that tomorrow will be a huge surprise.

Of course this is the venue that hosted the last ever performance of TOL on 2nd October 1992.  Wouldn't it be appropriate if it was relaunched there...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer

Of course this is the venue that hosted the last ever performance of TOL on 2nd October 1992.  Wouldn't it be appropriate if it was relaunched there...
Tunnel Of Love confirmed, dmg!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
huge surprise ? They switched TR to TOL to release 'Alchemy 2', a mix of the last tours ?  8) 8)
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo

This is info for Guy, who knows what he will do with it. Perhaps a word to MK about it and tomorrow we will see TOL in the set...... ;D

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
So today is the day. It's been four years. The excitement... Have a great time everybody! :thumbsup
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
see everyone there!!, hope flights work ok , so exciting we get too our hero and have no idea what he is going too play
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
see everyone there!!, hope flights work ok , so exciting we get too our hero and have no idea what he is going too play
Same here ! See you then. Landing at 3.15pm

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
landing 1745 so will be tight
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 40 queries.