Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #01 DTRW TOUR - Apr 25 2019 - Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 111904 times)

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
Saying that I am really happy with what Mark did yesterday, I continue to dream of improving the set list:

01.Why Aye Man                                                01. Why aye man
02.Nobody does that                                          02. Back on the Dancefloor
03.Corned Beef City                                           03. What it is
04.Sailing to Philadelphia                                    04 Sailing to Philadelphia
05.Once upon a time in the west                         05 Once upon a Time in the West
06.Romeo and Juliet                                            06 Sultans Of Swing
07.My Bacon Roll                                                  07 One Song at the time
08.Matchstick Man                                                08 Matchstick Man
09.Done with Bonaparte                                        09 Privateering
10.Heart full of holes                                             10 Heart full of Holes
11.Your Latest Trick                                                11 Your latest Trick
12.Silvertown Blues                                                 12 Silvertown Blues
13.Postcards                                                            13 Hill farmers blues
14. On Every Street                                                  14 Brothers in arms
15.Speedway at Nazareth                                         15 Speedway
16. Telegraph Road                                                   16 Telegraph Road
17.MFN                                                                     17 Money For Nothing
18.Going Home                                                         18 Going Home

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
MFN

Ianto might be a hell of a drummer, but his jazz DNA totally not suits this song. He totally not nailed the intro. Imagine this being played by 2010 Danny. And I have to say that both brass guys seem to need a long time until the are really into this band. In all videos so far both look tense and almost bored and uncomfortable like where the f... Have we ended here? Alien to this band situation somehow.
Their contributions are great if course. The Sax fits much better than Nigel, while Chris White stays unbeaten.
LE

Agree LE
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
Thank you to all who helped me wear out my refresh button while I was at work last night :-) As always, amiters are the best. I am completely blown away at OUATITW and Silvertown's addition to the set list. I have dreamt of Silvertown since the very first time I heard it. When STP was released, it was my first real MK exposure when I was in grade school. I bought it because of the album cover. Still remains my favorite album of all time. Ill never forget my dad, who was overly critical of any new music I brought into the house, snatching it from my hand, saying "Oh, thats ok then, Mark Knopfler was in Dire Straits". 19 years, 20 something guitars, too many shows to count, and a lot of great friends later, the rest is history.....

Sorry, I digress...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Saying that I am really happy with what Mark did yesterday, I continue to dream of improving the set list:

02.Nobody does that                                          02. Back on the Dancefloor
04.Sailing to Philadelphia                                    04 Sailing to Philadelphia
05.Once upon a time in the west                         05 Once upon a Time in the West
06.Romeo and Juliet                                            06 Sultans Of Swing
07.My Bacon Roll                                                  07 One Song at the time
08.Matchstick Man                                                08 Matchstick Man
10.Heart full of holes                                             10 Heart full of Holes
11.Your Latest Trick                                                11 Your latest Trick
12.Silvertown Blues                                                 12 Silvertown Blues
13.Postcards                                                            13 Hill farmers blues
14. On Every Street                                                  14 Brothers in arms
16. Telegraph Road                                                   16 Telegraph Road
17.MFN                                                                     17 Money For Nothing
18.Going Home                                                         18 Going Home

Agree regarding Nobody Does That - nobody should've done that!  Although I'd love to hear One Song, Bacon Roll was very nice so rather at the expense of another song.  Don't understand the liking of Matchstick Man.  Could omit that altogether as far as I'm concerned.  Why play Privateering when he has Sky and Water, the new sea shanty?  BIA has had it's day - OES was performed better last night than any version in 2015 without doubt.  As I said way back in 2015 his guitar needed a thicker sound and now we have it.  We're really being picky though because it's a great set that works well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:18:26 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer

Agree regarding Nobody Does That - nobody should've done that!  Although I'd love to hear One Song, Bacon Roll was very nice so rather at the expense of another song.  Don't understand the liking of Matchstick Man.  Could omit that altogether as far as I'm concerned.  Why play Privateering when he has Sky and Water, the new sea shanty?  BIA has had it's day - OES was performed better last night than any version in 2015 without doubt.  As I said way back in 2015 his guitar needed a thicker sound and now we have it.  We're really being picky though because it's a great set that works well.

08.Matchstick Man                                                08 My Bacon Roll (actually it sounded good)
09.Done with Bonaparte                                        09 Sky and Water (it would be a fairy tale)
14. On Every Street                                                  14 So far from the Clyde (even better)

some other suggestions, to improve it still, maybe your latest trick could have a change with Why worry? 8) 8)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
my bacon roll
guitar sound and quality of the solos is really great
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
my bacon roll

Absolutely.  Same on all songs I thought.  Amps etc all top notch this tour.  Guitar sound and overall sound lovely tones and all instruments very clear.  Best ever maybe, but I'll reserve until I've actually been to a concert.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

Call me crazy, but with the added horn section I wouldn't mind hearing Walk Of Life again. Kind of like making out with your ex "for old time's sake" :D

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
my bacon roll

Absolutely.  Same on all songs I thought.  Amps etc all top notch this tour.  Guitar sound and overall sound lovely tones and all instruments very clear.  Best ever maybe, but I'll reserve until I've actually been to a concert.

They have a new sound system. L-ISA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwHJAVDgxOs/?igshid=1ps53gxjs7h0h
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

hunter

my bacon roll

They have a new sound system. L-ISA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwHJAVDgxOs/?igshid=1ps53gxjs7h0h

Very interesting: http://www.l-isa-immersive.com/live-sound/

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Great review of your evening Herlock, thankyou...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejorcx

• Guitar George
  • Check out, Guitar George ;-)
Oh and now that I think of it... what if:

Besides or instead of OUATITW he plays  SHS or WDYTYG

in this fashion you know, they would be incredible !!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Let´s hope that they will play at least that many songs also in coming shows. If Speedway works well, then maybe couple of other songs instead of Telegraph Road...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Call me crazy, but with the added horn section I wouldn't mind hearing Walk Of Life again. Kind of like making out with your ex "for old time's sake" :D

I guess that's one way of looking at it!!!! :lol :lol :lol
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 42 queries.