Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: EUROPEAN TOUR DIARY  (Read 14217 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: EUROPEAN TOUR DIARY
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 11:52:54 PM »
What a good find!!

So we know Trapper Man and Back on the dancefloor are in the pipeline.

Also, what's Speedway new?
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 12:16:09 AM »
What a good find!!

Acoustic. Ianto plays empty portobello gin bottles, Danny on beer cans, the other 9 all have ukuleles

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 12:37:35 AM »
What a good find!!

Acoustic. Ianto plays empty portobello gin bottles, Danny on beer cans, the other 9 all have ukuleles

Love it! Plus one of the Brass section plays the Cow Bell!!!  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 08:59:06 AM »
Since the first show I don’t care about Trapper and BOTD anymore, I just hope he keeps playing this wonderful setlist and sincerely hope he doesn’t make weird changes like pulling OUATITW, HFOH or Silvertown from the set.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »
Guy is teasing us :) He should have faked more and just wrote the names of HUGE surprises to that display: TOL 20 min, Back in black etc.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:11:33 AM by Silvertown »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
I though that he might change Bacon Roll for Back on the dance floor from one show to other but by now, the set seems written on stone.

Bacon Roll is one of my favorite songs from the record but I don't like it in the concert, doesn't sound appropriate to me for a live show on an arena or a bullring...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2019, 09:41:37 AM »
I though that he might change Bacon Roll for Back on the dance floor from one show to other but by now, the set seems written on stone.

Bacon Roll is one of my favorite songs from the record but I don't like it in the concert, doesn't sound appropriate to me for a live show on an arena or a bullring...

Would you like to have Back on the dance floor as an opener?

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2019, 09:47:23 AM »

Yes, I will leave Nobody does that as second, and throw away corned beef city.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 09:49:01 AM »

Yes, I will leave Nobody does that as second, and throw away corned beef city.

That would be good.

hunter

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »

I think BR sounds fantastic live, but of course I haven't been to the actual shows, so it might be different in situ.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »

I think BR sounds fantastic live, but of course I haven't been to the actual shows, so it might be different in situ.

Imagine an arena filled with 12.000 people clapping and singing "have you got my roll, my roll, my bacon roll"... Is the weirdest thing you would see such a crowd singing along with a rock band... I found it ridiculous and ashaming personally.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2019, 09:59:06 AM »

Imagine an arena filled with 12.000 people clapping and singing "have you got my roll, my roll, my bacon roll"... Is the weirdest thing you would see such a crowd singing along with a rock band... I found it ridiculous and ashaming personally.

That's exactly what I'm looking forward to doing, jbaent!  I've been singing it around the house, getting into the right frame of mind!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

hunter

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »

I know, I know - it's absurd and surreal, but yet amazing. Like a Dalí painting.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »

I know, I know - it's absurd and surreal, but yet amazing. Like a Dalí painting.

You nailed it! LOL

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 11:02:17 AM »

And unbeleivable how OSAAT so far and probably forever will be left out to make room for this song    :disbelief that ending solo in OSAAT would be nice to hear, but instead we will sing about bacon. What's next? Scrambled eggs? When you're dealing with your coffee what do you prefer? Black or milk?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 42 queries.