Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #04 DTRW TOUR - Apr 29 2019 - Plaza de Toros de los Cal, Cordoba, Spain #SPOILER  (Read 38554 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
All will be revealed very, very soon!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
yes cant wait!,
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
yes cant wait!,

Oh, the anticipation!!!!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
yes cant wait!,

We can't wait to hear WAM as first song, we can wait for NDT but we won't since it will be played as opener within a while  :disbelief

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Not sure if there is any sound tonight if you know what I mean....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
yes cant wait!,

We can't wait to hear WAM as first song, we can wait but we won't since NDT will be played as opener within a while  :disbelief

Correct! Mind you I'd rather have BOTDF as opener...

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

Have not heard  ;) anything, guess not for tonight...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Have not heard  ;) anything, guess not for tonight...

Presumably not....

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
WAM WAM WAM WAM WAM :lol, keep the rest the same as he seems tobe warming up nicely now!

Asked Guy about it this morning and he has (so far) completely skipped to answer that question... :thumbsdown

Would you expect something else. He never answers any setlist questions. If he does, he will get 25 a day.
He once did give the rehearselist for a tour when it was over. That’s the only time he did something like that. It was a few tours back. The only thing i remember from that is that they rehearsed The mans too strong but it was never performed live...

No did not expect anything, that's why i mentioned it was not SLQ but wishing him to tell why they seem to have skipped it. Playing in first show with amazing sound and then skip it, they must realise that fans are wondering.. i know he hates SLQ so no big deal...

Let's just hope it returns soon..
I thought that nothing could suprise me anymore in terms of irrational choices, but I have to say that dropping the (great, and well played with fresh new arrangement) opener after one night, to replace it with the worse song of the new album that is even worse than BB as an opener, is taking this to a whole new, unprecedented level.

Yes, totally agree, I hope they bring it back.. about NDT, fine put it in a different place in the set, but as opener? Big NO NO, the sax/trumpet featured very well in the Barcelona WAM. I was either hoping for this or WII as opener, seems were getting none of them except first night then  :disbelief

I think they have used good openers in most tours... Broken Bones was maybe the worst at 2015, but yes I also think it's better than NDT as opener this time around... How do they manage to choose such bad opening songs? Don't they know which songs are the most popular among fans? Probably, just don't give a damn  :lol

Would be so much better to kick the show off with WII/WAM, even B.R as in 2010  :thumbsup

I thought Cannibals was a great opener too. Must have beem 2008, IIRC?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
WAM WAM WAM WAM WAM :lol, keep the rest the same as he seems tobe warming up nicely now!

Asked Guy about it this morning and he has (so far) completely skipped to answer that question... :thumbsdown

Would you expect something else. He never answers any setlist questions. If he does, he will get 25 a day.
He once did give the rehearselist for a tour when it was over. That’s the only time he did something like that. It was a few tours back. The only thing i remember from that is that they rehearsed The mans too strong but it was never performed live...

No did not expect anything, that's why i mentioned it was not SLQ but wishing him to tell why they seem to have skipped it. Playing in first show with amazing sound and then skip it, they must realise that fans are wondering.. i know he hates SLQ so no big deal...

I thought that nothing could suprise me anymore in terms of irrational choices, but I have to say that dropping the (great, and well played with fresh new arrangement) opener after one night, to replace it with the worse song of the new album that is even worse than BB as an opener, is taking this to a whole new, unprecedented level.

Yes, totally agree, I hope they bring it back.. about NDT, fine put it in a different place in the set, but as opener? Big NO NO, the sax/trumpet featured very well in the Barcelona WAM. I was either hoping for this or WII as opener, seems were getting none of them except first night then  :disbelief

I think they have used good openers in most tours... Broken Bones was maybe the worst at 2015, but yes I also think it's better than NDT as opener this time around... How do they manage to choose such bad opening songs? Don't they know which songs are the most popular among fans? Probably, just don't give a damn  :lol

Would be so much better to kick the show off with WII/WAM, even B.R as in 2010  :thumbsup

You are right. Indeed a very good opener too, I also like the 2001 sound on Calling Elvis  8)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Yes that's right the 2008...KTGC Tour
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:05:14 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

2007....KTGC

Which ended up in the 2008 KTGC tour  ;)

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
whos there tonight?  millionaire blues to give us updates?
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I'm fine with NDT as opener and much prefer it to BB.  In fact I'm fine with pretty much whatever Mark wants to play on this farewell tour. 

P.S.  I may soon be regretting this post!  ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Yes anything goes to be honest...yes looks like millionaire blues was going tonight so fingers crossed for updates....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 38 queries.