Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #06 DTRW TOUR - May 03 2019 - Coliseum da Coruña, Coruna, Spain #SPOILER#  (Read 45575 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Most of MK one off shows had a good band so that doesn't worry me at all.

Exactly, MKs 'one-off/promotional' bands in the past have been rather good...

Agree - I have always enjoyed MK's showcase bands.    :)

Especially with Mr McIntosh as a Richard Bennett stand-in! I'm biased I know but that's what Robbie told me he was!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Especially with Mr McIntosh as a Richard Bennett stand-in! I'm biased I know but that's what Robbie told me he was!!

Nah, McIntosh for me, please.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Nah, McIntosh for me, please.

Nothing wrong with Robbie in fact he's an ideal stand in as he is just as good if not better than RB....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlineherlock

• Juliet
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/3rd-may-2019-a-coruna/
Guy: "Mark and I had decided on the slightly shorter set list for the show, enforced by a strict airport evening takeoff restriction".

Slightly :D

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I prefer Robbie as a second guitar player. Richard is good but I won't miss him if Robbie is in the band.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I prefer Robbie as a second guitar player. Richard is good but I won't miss him if Robbie is in the band.

Indeed, I totally agree.... :wave

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Gotta agree

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

As much as I like Richard, he sticks to the formula and sounds very rehearsed. Robbie has more life in his playing. His solo on YLT took that song to a new level.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
As much as I like Richard, he sticks to the formula and sounds very rehearsed. Robbie has more life in his playing. His solo on YLT took that song to a new level.
For the doubters, just check the 2002 shows

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

The London shows in 2002 were epic. Robbie on guitar, Danny on drums and John Illsley on bass. Sure, it's 17 years ago and everyone was younger. Nonetheless, killer band, killer shows.

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/3rd-may-2019-a-coruna/
Guy: "Mark and I had decided on the slightly shorter set list for the show, enforced by a strict airport evening takeoff restriction".

Slightly :D
This is really unfair and it seems to happen every tour with them.
Why can't they start the show earlier.Its not like they will give back 10% of the ticket price.
TR is one of the highlights of the show the vast majority of people go to one show and thats how they should approach it.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

The London shows in 2002 were epic. Robbie on guitar, Danny on drums and John Illsley on bass. Sure, it's 17 years ago and everyone was younger. Nonetheless, killer band, killer shows.

I viewed some bits last week. Robbie's bits were really great and a solo featured on YLT or Baloney Again depending of the night.

WAM will problably remain the best live version.

This is my exception for MK "one off" backing band because with the 96's you generally get a more rehearsed time and more solid performance than with the promo band.

I think this year UK shows will start the "get oiled time" of the tour.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
With regards to the late start to the show, I think there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, these tours are planned a very long time in advance, it is not just one person sorting it all out, there are many factors to take into consideration, flight times, airport flying restrictions, promoters wishes, local government/council curfews etc, various meetings/interviews for Mark, the time it takes to get to the town and construct the stage for the band to soundcheck, and a million other things we don't know about. Mark has been doing this long enough to know when is a good start time for a concert, but some things are out of his and managements hands. I think we need to give him and the band a break!!!
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
With regards to the late start to the show, I think there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, these tours are planned a very long time in advance, it is not just one person sorting it all out, there are many factors to take into consideration, flight times, airport flying restrictions, promoters wishes, local government/council curfews etc, various meetings/interviews for Mark, the time it takes to get to the town and construct the stage for the band to soundcheck, and a million other things we don't know about. Mark has been doing this long enough to know when is a good start time for a concert, but some things are out of his and managements hands. I think we need to give him and the band a break!!!

Yes, but when you’re aware for several years that you can’t do a full set because of time restrictions, you could start thinking of planning a different way, can’t you? ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 42 queries.