Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #08 DTRW TOUR - May 06 2019 - Arkea Arena, Bordeaux, France #SPOILER#  (Read 54562 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
1. Why Aye Man
2. Nobody Does That
3. Corned Beef City
4. Sailing to Philadelphia
5. Once upon a time in the west
6. Romeo and Juliet
7. My Bacon Roll
8. Matchstick Man
9. Done with Bonaparte
10. Heart Full of Holes
11. Your Latest Trick
12. Postcards from Paraguay
13. On Every Street
14. Speedway at Nazareth
15. Money for Nothing
16. Brothers in Arms
17. Going Home

Correct?

Great set  :thumbsup
Just STP out and OSAAT in  :clap

YLT out and OSAAT in more like!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I really love STP this tour.

Yes.  Really well played and the sax interplay sounds great on the coda.  :thumbsup

The set just goes from bad to worse with the removal of Silvertown though, and if he thinks the massively overplayed BIA is going to fix it it ain't because it sounds bad now.  Back in '85 it had power and he sang it well, now it just sounds so slow, lethargic and his weary vocal is feeble.

Absolute tosh dmg, BIA will forever be an anthem......

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflinePortobelloBelle

• Guitar George
 :smack
There is so much complaining on this forum these days, it makes me sad.   MK's saying this is his very last tour, and people are struggling to cope with the setlist??  He's playing more than an hour, he's got a great band, let him do what he wants and let's all just enjoy the songs - that's how I feel.   

However, it's also cool that we're all talking and able to share how we feel without anyone feeling like they CAN'T say what's on their mind.   I'm sure we all have songs we'd like to hear for these last concerts.   I'd love to hear TOL again, and I DEFINITELY agree with everyone here about OSAAT (just because the lyrics are so personal), and I would even love it if DSMI would replace Pyroman as the tour surprise.  Is Don't Suck Me In popular enough to be DSMI yet?  LOL

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
As BIA has resurfaced, I will always remember being right in front of 'The Master' at the RAH in 2013 when he belted out BIA and took a few photos....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Woopee-doo!  He's never played BIA for years. [sarcasm mode].  ::)

And no he hasn't played TR for years either [Mega Sarcasm mode!!!]

It's not a case of "because I want TR" but that any setlist needs a climax.  TR fulfils that role perfectly just as ToL did (and he disappoints me there too btw).  Speedway doesn't do it, especially in it's stripped-down format with brass helping him out on the final solo now.  There is no monumental, epic song to make the audience jump to their feet and gasp now.  The set doesn't work properly without a real climax.  That is the reason it should be reinstated. 

BIA is a pale imitation (no pun intended) of the live versions of the BIA tour (and others) and the sooner it is laid to rest the better.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
There is so much complaining on this forum these days, it makes me sad.   MK's saying this is his very last tour, and people are struggling to cope with the setlist?? 

It bothers me that foma/quizzy has dropped some of his epic complaining and it has been replaced with dmg's. It's fine that there is some variation in the complaining, i guess, but what about the fans who haven't heard a good foma whinge for ages? Anyway, it is still a pretty good line up of whinging generally, and, as it is the last tour, I'm going to just sit back and enjoy every last whine.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Stream dead, but in good news we're only missing CBC!

That's what happens when it depends on good faith of generous fans doing their best for free with the nowadays 4g connection...
instead of the band/management. such an easy business opportunity for them. jeez...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
100% disagree with all you have said I'm afraid dmg..

I think seeing and hearing MK live full stop is enough in itself and I'm really excited about my two forthcoming shows. To be honest I'm not sure why you are bothering to go to any concerts as they are clearly not up to your expectations and standard.
As for BIA that is a classic that just has to be played, and although you may not like it, some of us do along with other tunes in the set list...

Now please try and make some more positive posts about what you are hearing as quite frankly its getting boring reading what you don't like.....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:09:08 AM by Knopflerfan »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Yes I give up.. always appreciate efforts but this stream is S--T!
any fan doing his best getting us anything out of those steel and concrete bunkers, should be hailed like a half-god, not this comment!
will you be streaming any of the shows you are going to go to?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
There is so much complaining on this forum these days, it makes me sad.   MK's saying this is his very last tour, and people are struggling to cope with the setlist??  He's playing more than an hour, he's got a great band, let him do what he wants and let's all just enjoy the songs - that's how I feel.   

However, it's also cool that we're all talking and able to share how we feel without anyone feeling like they CAN'T say what's on their mind.   I'm sure we all have songs we'd like to hear for these last concerts.   I'd love to hear TOL again, and I DEFINITELY agree with everyone here about OSAAT (just because the lyrics are so personal), and I would even love it if DSMI would replace Pyroman as the tour surprise.  Is Don't Suck Me In popular enough to be DSMI yet?  LOL

I don't know about everyone else here but it bothers me what sort of legacy my man leaves behind on his final tour - this is why I am very much bothered about the setlist and so much want him to showcase his talent.  I want people to leave the show thinking highly of my man and not thinking highly of the band he has beside him and that he didn't play Sultans, he didn't play TR, he didn't play ToL...  This bothers me.  Does nobody else care about this or is it just me?  I'm getting ticked off from people in here because I care about the very person we're all supposed to be on here for and it seems nobody else is bothered what he hell he does!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: #08 DTRW TOUR - May 06 2019 - Arkea Arena, Bordeaux, France #SPOILER#
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2019, 12:10:35 AM »
Yes I give up.. always appreciate efforts but this stream is S--T!
any fan doing his best getting us anything out of those steel and concrete bunkers, should be hailed like a half-god, not this comment!
will you be streaming any of the shows you are going to go to?

Yes, I agree with Mr Pottel here, be thankful that people are making the effort to stream......

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2019, 12:13:21 AM »
There is so much complaining on this forum these days, it makes me sad.   MK's saying this is his very last tour, and people are struggling to cope with the setlist?? 

It bothers me that foma/quizzy has dropped some of his epic complaining and it has been replaced with dmg's. It's fine that there is some variation in the complaining, i guess, but what about the fans who haven't heard a good foma whinge for ages? Anyway, it is still a pretty good line up of whinging generally, and, as it is the last tour, I'm going to just sit back and enjoy every last whine.
exactly do that, ya'll enjoy whatever parts you enjoy and moan/let the others moan, all they want, we are a free forum. as long as no hate/racism or the like is used, they can continue, we are not the MK ass-licking-forum, but the mark fan forum, and we have the right to not like certain things.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2019, 12:14:32 AM »

I don't know about everyone else here but it bothers me what sort of legacy my man leaves behind on his final tour - this is why I am very much bothered about the setlist and so much want him to showcase his talent.  I want people to leave the show thinking highly of my man and not thinking highly of the band he has beside him and that he didn't play Sultans, he didn't play TR, he didn't play ToL...  This bothers me.  Does nobody else care about this or is it just me?  I'm getting ticked off from people in here because I care about the very person we're all supposed to be on here for and it seems nobody else is bothered what he hell he does!
agree, he could "give" us so much more (not that he owes us anything, do not get me wrong, but why keep all the goodies locked away?

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2019, 12:14:58 AM »

You answered your own question. We are here because of what he does, not what we want him to do. Simple.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2019, 12:17:15 AM »

You answered your own question. We are here because of what he does, not what we want him to do. Simple.
nah, be honest, you would also want him to do other things every now and then, add some spice. mix things up a bit etc.
i am a lifelong fan, love most of the stuff he does, but also i do not entirely like the current state of affairs. yes there is some great stuff, let us NOT forget he brought back OUATITW, but,...he has sooooooo effing much more to do that kind of stuff....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 39 queries.