Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #10 DTRW TOUR - May 09 2019 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland #SPOILER#  (Read 23434 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« we know that "Trapper man" and "Back on the dance floor » had been rehearsed »

Is it true ?

Yes.

Does anybody know of OSAAT is rehearsed?

Most likely not which is a big shame!
How do you know ? The list we saw on Guy's monitor is obviously not exhaustive, only a handful of songs...

Offlineneco

• Camerado
It was a fantastic concert  :clap
-WAM works really amazing as opener with this new „intro“.
-amazing versions of SAN (great guitar solo), OATITW and BIA
-the „quiet“ middle part is just beautiful. Matchstick man and HFOH were incredible warm and nice to listen to - one of the highlights for me!

I was very happy to see that MK really enjoyed it as well, he was chatty and even „danced“ in songs like postcards and MFN  ;D

Regarding TR, I didn‘t miss it, especially with WAM and BIA in the set.

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado
-the „quiet“ middle part is just beautiful. Matchstick man and HFOH were incredible warm and nice to listen to - one of the highlights for me!

I was very happy to see that MK really enjoyed it as well, he was chatty and even „danced“ in songs like postcards and MFN  ;D

Cool, nice to read!  :thumbsup :)
MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« we know that "Trapper man" and "Back on the dance floor » had been rehearsed »

Is it true ?

Yes.

How do you know ? The list we saw on Guy's monitor is obviously not exhaustive, only a handful of songs...

Someone said it was too personal for him to sing. Truth or not I don't know but still doubt it will feature. After all it's MK new song picks we are talking about :lol but yes Trapper might be played, would like OSAAT but doesn't expect it to be honest.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, neco!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Is it true ?

Yes.

Someone said it was too personal for him to sing. Truth or not I don't know but still doubt it will feature. After all it's MK new song picks we are talking about :lol but yes Trapper might be played, would like OSAAT but doesn't expect it to be honest.
Ok.
Trapper Man does nothing to me, don't understand why people like it, I find it rather dull.
But I wouldn't mind BOTDF, I think it would have been a great opener. But since WAM is a fantastic opener... Maybe later in the set ?

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
WAM is really great live song!

P.S. have you followed Danny´s performance during this song?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Have to watch that closer... From what i have seen he looks really energized and happy :lol:

How is it... When Ianto replaced Danny on drums at the beginning, was that because Danny was busy with other things or just a tough replacement decision? If the last, hope Danny didn't take that too hard. Now we have him back on percussion and he looks so happy   :thumbsup

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
It was Mark's choice I believe. Taking it too hard I don't know, you should ask Danny but that may have been tough. I've been missing Danny since then. Ian is a great drummer but Danny played with his heart and I felt that he brought something else which was, at least to me, something beyond music.

I moaned for years about it, I mean, I MOANED and still moan A LOT… but that's Mark's last tour so I decided to enjoy it anyway.

Yes, Danny seems to have great fun on this tour too which is great to watch. I like the energy and positive attitude that he has always brought on stage, from the OES years to today. It's great to have him on percussions as it's a real addition to many songs… Plus, drummer and percussionist seem to be good friends so I'll live with that for now.

I still dream of seeing Danny behind the drums again -- once again, no offense to Ian -- and I still hope it may happen one day.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I remember that Guy said Ian Thomas was recommended to MK by Danny Cummings himself...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer

Is it true ?

Yes.

I don't think there's a song much more personal than MM.

Making movies? :)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Is it true ?

Yes.

I don't think there's a song much more personal than MM.

Making movies? :)

Mighty Man? :)

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
When GH was listed at the first concert just by initials, I thought it meant 'Golden Heart' was back! Which was admittedly pretty silly of me. But I think three initial songs are significantly less likely to be confused with others. (Which is a kind of challenge for someone to come up with two MK songs with the same three initials!)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
When GH was listed at the first concert just by initials, I thought it meant 'Golden Heart' was back! Which was admittedly pretty silly of me. But I think three initial songs are significantly less likely to be confused with others. (Which is a kind of challenge for someone to come up with two MK songs with the same three initials!)

This initials thing is just a mess.

It's easier to write Matchstick than MM, which is confusing. Actually, when I read any title with initials, I don't bother to try to figure which song is. I'm bad at it and too many times there are many options, like we proved with the MM ones.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
I remember that Guy said Ian Thomas was recommended to MK by Danny Cummings himself...

Yes, I remember this too. I think that it's actually Danny who wrote in Guy's forum that "MK wanted to try something different" so he suggested Ian Thomas, yes. But apparently Mark's decision was already taken at that time so…

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.735 seconds with 38 queries.