Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye  (Read 30662 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2019, 04:03:29 PM »
I still think Sultans will turn up somewhere along the way, it's his signature song.

Could be but i would not put all my money on that.
Look at the DS songs he’s playing. 6 and if he plays Going Home 7.
Those are all well known songs for everybody. For sure if he’s playing Sultans another DS song will be dropped. Perhaps TR  :think but i do not see it happen anytime soon.....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2019, 04:17:56 PM »
I think you are missing the point. I don’t see this as a farewell tour, I see it as “I may be too old to tour again, we’ll see. In the meantime, I bid you farewell ‘til the next time I’m in town”.

He did a musical. May be he’ll write a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will carry on recording, maybe more musical type work. I would think 'one off' shows maybe even a mini tour of the UK and perhaps guesting with other people will be the order of the day. But as for a full on tour - nope....

But anyway enough of what may happen in the future, let's get on and enjoy the present with MK playing LIVE!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 04:28:12 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2019, 04:22:48 PM »
Great setlist I think, but they have to keep WAM as opener and not NDT. I saw a comment at Dr Fle asking them to keep the opener from Barcelona

The answer to the whole post was "yes ok", hopefully for that wish...

Anyway i have been over-excited a long time now and it does not decrease by the days :)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »
I think you are missing the point. I don’t see this as a farewell tour, I see it as “I may be too old to tour again, we’ll see. In the meantime, I bid you farewell ‘til the next time I’m in town”.

He did a musical. May be he’ll write a book.

He will carry on recording, maybe more musical type work. I would think 'one off' shows maybe even a mini tour of the UK and perhaps guesting with other people will be the order of the day. But as for a full on tour - nope....

Some kind of mini tour through Europe like 10 concerts and about 10 in the UK is still possible next time i think....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2019, 04:29:20 PM »
Moving on, let's all enjoy MK playing LIVE now

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineGrumpydwarf

• Local Hero
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
Quite honestly, what I think is that playing in Barcelona or playing in Newcastle is the same thing: get on a plane, do the show. It’s not like going to LA or India. Tours are full productions, carrying everything around and all. Nothing would detract from doing a weekend European tours with local setup rider. Unless he doesn’t want to.

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2019, 03:57:49 PM »
I was so busy with my own stuff recently that I – for the first time in my life – missed the opening of a MK tour.  :-[

So I urgently had to catch up and watched whatever I could find on YouTube.

My impression: Yes, Mark is a slow-moving old man now, and yes he no longer has hair, but a belly instead. So far, so natural. I couldn't say that his playing had deteriorated much since the last tour, though. I'm thrilled to see some really surprising setlist additions, notably Once Upon a Time in the West. And I think the band does the songs justice. There's one or two little things I could complain about, but I'll save those for later. At the moment, I'm more in the mood for celebrating. If this should turn out to be his last tour (which I doubt, maybe just the last of this size), I'll be sad, but extremely thankful. No other artist has moved me the way Mark did throughout the years, and I'm confident that he'll continue to do so for quite some time - if not on stage, then from his studio. He simply is an awesome man. Period.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2019, 04:26:35 PM »
I was so busy with my own stuff recently that I – for the first time in my life – missed the opening of a MK tour.  :-[

So I urgently had to catch up and watched whatever I could find on YouTube.

My impression: Yes, Mark is a slow-moving old man now, and yes he no longer has hair, but a belly instead. So far, so natural. I couldn't say that his playing had deteriorated much since the last tour, though. I'm thrilled to see some really surprising setlist additions, notably Once Upon a Time in the West. And I think the band does the songs justice. There's one or two little things I could complain about, but I'll save those for later. At the moment, I'm more in the mood for celebrating. If this should turn out to be his last tour (which I doubt, maybe just the last of this size), I'll be sad, but extremely thankful. No other artist has moved me the way Mark did throughout the years, and I'm confident that he'll continue to do so for quite some time - if not on stage, then from his studio. He simply is an awesome man. Period.

I couldn't agree more, Rail King!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2019, 04:30:53 PM »
Personally, I 'found' MKs music aged just 10 (1985) and although I listen to other artists/guitarists
there will only ever be one who I regard the highest and that is MK...I stand by my slogan...
Mark Knopfler - 'not just a hobby but a way of life'

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 04:32:59 PM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2019, 06:04:31 PM »
Personally, I 'found' MKs music aged just 10 (1985) and although I listen to other artists/guitarists
there will only ever be one who I regard the highest and that is MK...I stand by my slogan...

:thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »

:clap :clap

Online2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2019, 11:50:23 PM »
For me MK was/is a total journey. I discovered so much music through him. Making movies to rb and Springsteen, LH and Cal Lead me to folk, MK with infidels to Dylan, Land of dreams to Randy Newman, Gaucho Steely Dan, MFN to sting, Joan Armatrading, throw in Van Morrison, Squeeze, Jeff Healy (Wow nearly forgot that I got turned on to him through MK!), Clapton (From seeing him at Mandela Day concert with DS, later on the now sadly retired Kate Walsh, Chet of course, Loads of country music, Buddy Guy, and the most recent one Tommy Emmanuelle, god there's too many to mention. Whatever the future holds for Mark in music I owe him a huge thankyou for introducing me to all of the above and probably many more I've missed off the list....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:38:44 AM by 2manyguitars »

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:29 PM »
Only a few gigs left before the European leg of this tour is over  :'(

Mark and Co will then travel to America and then… what's next?

I don't think (or maybe I can't accept) that he will retire after this tour, I mean retire from big tours. Not because his on-stage speech has changed but I can't see him stop, at least till he can do well live, and he does well. He has a great supporting band so if he wants to continue and if health is not an issue, I see him doing it for a few more years.

Time will tell but fingers crossed.

That said, I am a bit sad that he's saying goodbye to Europe. Hopefully we have a few touring weeks ahead.

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2019, 12:36:08 AM »
Only a few gigs left before the European leg of this tour is over  :'(

Mark and Co will then travel to America and then… what's next?

I don't think (or maybe I can't accept) that he will retire after this tour, I mean retire from big tours. Not because his on-stage speech has changed but I can't see him stop, at least till he can do well live, and he does well. He has a great supporting band so if he wants to continue and if health is not an issue, I see him doing it for a few more years.

Time will tell but fingers crossed.

That said, I am a bit sad that he's saying goodbye to Europe. Hopefully we have a few touring weeks ahead.

The next ? New album and no tour.

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2019, 04:43:03 AM »
No tours for next five years? Fine! An album a year instead will suffice! Mind you, that's a lot of tea and gin!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 36 queries.