Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye  (Read 30666 times)

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 12:21:33 AM »
I don’t think he’ll actually stop playing live completely. I think he’ll continue playing shows for as long as he is physically capable of doing so, but it’ll most likely be one-off gigs here and there, such as promo shows when he releases new albums, or short runs of concerts at places like the Albert Hall. It’s immensely sad that the touring will come to an end. He has made a lot of wonderful memories for all of us fans but, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Hopefully there is still plenty of new music ahead.

:thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 12:28:05 AM »
I do hope he’ll choose to play at some countries in Europe. Some concerts in Germany Holland and France.
Something like Clapton.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 12:55:58 AM »
I do hope he’ll choose to play at some countries in Europe. Some concerts in Germany Holland and France.
Something like Clapton.

I guess he may play in the UK mainly, Clapton just played in Japan, one of his biggest fan base.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 01:02:20 AM »
Clapton did play France Germany and the UK in 2018. Now he is in Japan indeed.

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 01:12:44 AM »
Yes indeed very sad words. However if he plays only some concerts as EC, it would be fine.

Less is more ☺️
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 01:19:10 AM »
I don’t think he’ll actually stop playing live completely. I think he’ll continue playing shows for as long as he is physically capable of doing so, but it’ll most likely be one-off gigs here and there, such as promo shows when he releases new albums, or short runs of concerts at places like the Albert Hall. It’s immensely sad that the touring will come to an end. He has made a lot of wonderful memories for all of us fans but, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Hopefully there is still plenty of new music ahead.

I hope so. Man life goes so fast & you don’t realise it.
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
Something like Clapton.

I guess he may play in the UK mainly, Clapton just played in Japan, one of his biggest fan base.

It'll be interesting to hear what Mark says when he comes to the UK.  I suppose we'll find out in Leeds.

I thought wouldn't it be nice if the audience gave him a standing ovation when he said this as our farewell gift to him, thanking him for all the wonderful music he has given us over the years.  Better than just gasping.  I think it would be a nice gesture.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:02:22 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »
Something like Clapton.

It'll be interesting to hear what Mark says when he comes to the UK.  I suppose we'll find out in Leeds.

I thought wouldn't it be nice if the audience gave him a standing ovation when he said this as our farewell gift to him, thanking him for all the wonderful music he has given us over the years.  Better than just gasping.  I think it would be a nice gesture.

I'll be standing and clapping (probably crying too) that's for sure!    ;D

We need a BIG banner - Mr Superval says!     :o
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:08:01 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »
The only thing I am surprised about is the fact that he is saying it. Most of us knew in our gut this was more than likely it. I always assumed he would ride off without saying a word confirming it. He has never been one to share a lot of information.

Funny you mention that, I was planning on making one for LA...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:35:33 PM by diremark86 »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »
Something like Clapton.

GOODBYE MARK...THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Or something like that?  Maybe a quote from a song along these lines?

THANK-YOU GOODNIGHT NOW IT'S TIME TO GO HOME

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 02:24:20 PM »
Yes, something like that!    :wave

We need a whole row of people to hold the banner with the second one!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 02:30:59 PM »
Looking at the footage from last night on YT and listening to his goodbyes, said as usual with such understated grace, I feel a great happiness and sadness at the same time. You can see that he's not the player he once was, and that he's probably struggling a little bit physically. Its so sad to see him rooted to the spot and carrying himself awkwardly, but at the same time there was almost a care free full on effort to get every last drop out of those songs last night. He really meant it.

Its almost as if he has become one of those hard working but slightly down trodden failing characters portrayed so beautifully in so many wonderful songs, and I find it deeply moving.

Even though you'll soon be gone, you will live forever.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 02:31:37 PM »
Yes, something like that!    :wave

We need a whole row of people to hold the banner with the second one!   ;D

:lol :lol

I was thinking tiny writing since he's wearing the specs.  :think

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 02:36:48 PM »
Looking at the footage from last night on YT and listening to his goodbyes, said as usual with such understated grace, I feel a great happiness and sadness at the same time. You can see that he's not the player he once was, and that he's probably struggling a little bit physically. Its so sad to see him rooted to the spot and carrying himself awkwardly, but at the same time there was almost a care free full on effort to get every last drop out of those songs last night. He really meant it.

Its almost as if he has become one of those hard working but slightly down trodden failing characters portrayed so beautifully in so many wonderful songs, and I find it deeply moving.

How very eloquently expressed.  My feelings too.  Watching him bouncing up and down to every beat back in the Alchemy days or BIA tour is a stark contrast to his static stage presence today. 

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 02:43:18 PM »

How very eloquently expressed.  My feelings too.  Watching him bouncing up and down to every beat back in the Alchemy days or BIA tour is a stark contrast to his static stage presence today.

Its completely understandable and I'm not in any way criticising him, I love the guy, he's probably the sole the reason I teach music today. Cant help but wish for a small transplant of Jagger or Springsteen DNA just to prolong the inevitable goodbye.....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 36 queries.