Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye  (Read 29768 times)

hunter

Re: Last Big Tour... Say Goodbye
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2019, 03:00:47 PM »
I'm curious whether his stiff movements are due some sort of illness. Arthritis for instance. A man like him who is so sensible and is free from the worries of "the common man" has no excuse for not exercising and staying reasonably fit.

It is sad to hear the words of farewell, but it's only the big tours. I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff to come.

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
I'm curious whether his stiff movements are due some sort of illness. Arthritis for instance. A man like him who is so sensible and is free from the worries of "the common man" has no excuse for not exercising and staying reasonably fit.

It is sad to hear the words of farewell, but it's only the big tours. I'm sure there's a lot of good stuff to come.

Yes fingers crossed! Maybe he will do it like Eric, just a few shows...
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

OfflineAimly

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2019, 05:11:49 PM »
The only thing I am surprised about is the fact that he is saying it. Most of us knew in our gut this was more than likely it. I always assumed he would ride off without saying a word confirming it. He has never been one to share a lot of information.

I'll be standing and clapping (probably crying too) that's for sure!    ;D

We need a BIG banner - Mr Superval says!     :o

Funny you mention that, I was planning on making one for LA...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »

Yes fingers crossed! Maybe he will do it like Eric, just a few shows...

Like Eric, but better!!!!!!!!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 05:15:02 PM »
I do hope he’ll choose to play at some countries in Europe. Some concerts in Germany Holland and France.
Something like Clapton.

I guess he may play in the UK mainly, Clapton just played in Japan, one of his biggest fan base.

It'll be interesting to hear what Mark says when he comes to the UK.  I suppose we'll find out in Leeds.

I thought wouldn't it be nice if the audience gave him a standing ovation when he said this as our farewell gift to him, thanking him for all the wonderful music he has given us over the years.  Better than just gasping.  I think it would be a nice gesture.

I'll be standing and clapping (probably crying too) that's for sure!    ;D

We need a BIG banner - Mr Superval says!     :o

I'm quite up for seeing Mr Superval with an 'I Love you forever Mark' banner!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2019, 05:26:40 PM »
Looking at the footage from last night on YT and listening to his goodbyes, said as usual with such understated grace, I feel a great happiness and sadness at the same time. You can see that he's not the player he once was, and that he's probably struggling a little bit physically. Its so sad to see him rooted to the spot and carrying himself awkwardly, but at the same time there was almost a care free full on effort to get every last drop out of those songs last night. He really meant it.

Its almost as if he has become one of those hard working but slightly down trodden failing characters portrayed so beautifully in so many wonderful songs, and I find it deeply moving.

Even though you'll soon be gone, you will live forever.

What fantastic words, well done 2manyguitars

Offlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2019, 05:41:26 PM »
Yeah clearly he got older, BUT, based on some youtube videos I think his guitar playing is more fluid compared to 2015 and also quite powerful  :clap

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »
Yeah clearly he got older, BUT, based on some youtube videos I think his guitar playing is more fluid compared to 2015 and also quite powerful  :clap

Absolutely agree
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2019, 05:46:55 PM »

Absolutely agree

+1 :clap

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2019, 06:14:59 PM »
Looking at the footage from last night on YT and listening to his goodbyes, said as usual with such understated grace, I feel a great happiness and sadness at the same time. You can see that he's not the player he once was, and that he's probably struggling a little bit physically. Its so sad to see him rooted to the spot and carrying himself awkwardly, but at the same time there was almost a care free full on effort to get every last drop out of those songs last night. He really meant it.

Its almost as if he has become one of those hard working but slightly down trodden failing characters portrayed so beautifully in so many wonderful songs, and I find it deeply moving.

Even though you'll soon be gone, you will live forever.

What fantastic words, well done 2manyguitars

Yes, I agree - beautifully said.   Still the same elegant MK, though.   :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:20:15 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »

Absolutely agree

Absolutely. Especially on Telegraph road! (Silvertown was outstanding live, it hasnt got the feeling on the videos, air was buring ☺️😊)
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 10:30:50 PM »

Absolutely agree

Absolutely. Especially on Telegraph road! (Silvertown was outstanding live, it hasnt got the feeling on the videos, air was buring ☺️😊)

Yes, It was really rocking live. I hope it will stays in the set for all of you who attends a show.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2019, 11:51:12 PM »
Yep, I think physically there is something up with MK...he seems all a bit hunched and stuck to the spot....makes you wonder as he isn't THAT ancient?!

So he isn't Iggy Pop but I suspect the physical issues are something that crept up over years and now make going on long tours too difficult....I suspect that if MK could have carried on he would have...
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2019, 01:00:18 AM »
Yep, I think physically there is something up with MK...he seems all a bit hunched and stuck to the spot....makes you wonder as he isn't THAT ancient?!

So he isn't Iggy Pop but I suspect the physical issues are something that crept up over years and now make going on long tours too difficult....I suspect that if MK could have carried on he would have...

I'd look at it from Marks point of view. He's in his 70s, and given the law of averages time for anyone at that age is a precious commodity. You'd want to spend the time with the people who really matter to you and eek out every second. I don't blame him for one minute for giving up touring, I just hope we have lots and lots of great new music to look forward to, and maybe if we are very lucky he will hit the boards locally once or twice too...

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »

I'd look at it from Marks point of view. He's in his 70s, and given the law of averages time for anyone at that age is a precious commodity. You'd want to spend the time with the people who really matter to you and eek out every second. I don't blame him for one minute for giving up touring, I just hope we have lots and lots of great new music to look forward to, and maybe if we are very lucky he will hit the boards locally once or twice too...

Indeed!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 38 queries.