Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guitars used by Mark this tour?  (Read 43120 times)

OfflineOscar Rosende

• Guitar George
Re: Guitars used by Mark this tour?
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2019, 06:22:20 PM »
It would very great thing know what amps were used to make their profiles on MK's Kemper amp.
Who knows...?  :think

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 06:22:54 PM »
Mark is not listed on the Kemper artist page on their website.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineOscar Rosende

• Guitar George
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 06:27:09 PM »
I know it but trust me.
I was in A Coruña venue last friday morning during production set up.

I could see the RB and MK racks, loaded with Kemper profile amp. I took some pictures but i cannot share it, by now.

Offlinestratocasteph

• Local Hero
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2019, 01:43:37 PM »
I also think he used a Les Paul 59. See pic from Why Aye Man

Edit: pic is misleading i think, it looks the same Les Paul on all Gibson songs
The guitar on your picture is not the '58 : the strap isn't the same and the neck pickup is inverted.

This is the 58 :

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:50:26 PM by stratocasteph »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2019, 01:59:45 PM »
Maybe it's just me but I can't see the characteristic repair on the '58.

Couldn't it be one of the Signature reissues?

"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2019, 02:28:50 PM »
I also think he used a Les Paul 59. See pic from Why Aye Man

Edit: pic is misleading i think, it looks the same Les Paul on all Gibson songs
The guitar on your picture is not the '58 : the strap isn't the same and the neck pickup is inverted.

This is the 58 :

I have never noticed the reversed PU on the 59. Does anyone know why they did that?

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »
I have never noticed the reversed PU on the 59. Does anyone know why they did that?

personal taste
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineguitarbrother

• Local Hero
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2019, 07:56:08 PM »
I'm just looking at the racks. They are defnitly Kemper.

Offlinedvschend

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 08:52:56 PM »
So I have figured it out. Yesterday finally saw the show with my own eyes. He uses the 59 LP on WAM, MFN, BIA and GH. On OUATITW it's a 58 reissue

Offlineguitarbrother

• Local Hero
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »
Kemper is confirmed by Guy

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2019, 09:04:01 PM »
I'm so happy for Mark using Kemper amps. Modelling amps are ridiculously good these days, even the cheap ones. Let alone the Kemper rack!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2019, 09:14:35 PM »
I'm so happy for Mark using Kemper amps. Modelling amps are ridiculously good these days, even the cheap ones. Let alone the Kemper rack!

I am not, first time for the last 30 years I have not heard a 10/10 sound on distorted sounds, absurd decision imo

" Some have guessed correctly, we are using Kemper profiling amps. Mark’s long-serving guitar tech, Glenn Saggers along with Mark (when he wasn’t in Edinburgh with me preparing the Local Hero musical) has devoted much of his time in the past 6 months to recreating Mark’s unique sounds has done an amazing job. This switch from ‘real’ amps to digital devices is not for the feint-hearted and it wasn’t without it’s doubters. Now we are up and running and more than two weeks into the tour, we are all on board with them. They certainly allow for incredible separation in both in-ear monitors and front of house system. The sounds are amazingly responsive and malleable."

http://guyfletcher.co.uk/13th-may-2019-cologne/
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinetobi777

• Local Hero
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2019, 09:30:46 PM »

I am not, first time for the last 30 years I have not heard a 10/10 sound on distorted sounds, absurd decision imo

" Some have guessed correctly, we are using Kemper profiling amps. Mark’s long-serving guitar tech, Glenn Saggers along with Mark (when he wasn’t in Edinburgh with me preparing the Local Hero musical) has devoted much of his time in the past 6 months to recreating Mark’s unique sounds has done an amazing job. This switch from ‘real’ amps to digital devices is not for the feint-hearted and it wasn’t without it’s doubters. Now we are up and running and more than two weeks into the tour, we are all on board with them. They certainly allow for incredible separation in both in-ear monitors and front of house system. The sounds are amazingly responsive and malleable."

If you don't like the distorted sounds - maybe it's the quality of the videos on YT or (if you've already attended a concert) the mixing or sound quality in general?
Normally the Kemper amps are able to create really astonishing 1:1 images of the "real deal". Maybe they didn't get the modelling right? Maybe the new sound is different and just not your taste?

I've been testing modelling amps and software for a long time now and I'm quite impressed by the improvements in sound quality.
The reason I always came back to tube amps wasn't the sound quality anyway, but the feeling while playing - a hardly noticeable latency and a weird feeling to be not really "connected" to the amp, for want of other words.

But the audience - especially in a environment that is not ideal - will hardly notice any difference, even experienced guitar players.
But that's just my opinion.

I think if you don't like the sound it's because it is different - and not inferior.
For example I never really liked the "new" sound MK got from his signature strat and the amps he used from 2005 on.
Too scratchy and raw for me - I prefer the Schecter Strat and the other amps. But the Komet amps or the likes are of course great amps.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the Berlin concert and I will listen very carefully - althogh the last tours the sound qulity in this venue was always so bad that I honestly wouldn't have noticed if he'd played via a decent amp or a crappy one...

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:02 PM »

If you don't like the distorted sounds - maybe it's the quality of the videos on YT or (if you've already attended a concert) the mixing or sound quality in general?
Normally the Kemper amps are able to create really astonishing 1:1 images of the "real deal". Maybe they didn't get the modelling right? Maybe the new sound is different and just not your taste?

I've been testing modelling amps and software for a long time now and I'm quite impressed by the improvements in sound quality.
The reason I always came back to tube amps wasn't the sound quality anyway, but the feeling while playing - a hardly noticeable latency and a weird feeling to be not really "connected" to the amp, for want of other words.

But the audience - especially in a environment that is not ideal - will hardly notice any difference, even experienced guitar players.
But that's just my opinion.

I think if you don't like the sound it's because it is different - and not inferior.
For example I never really liked the "new" sound MK got from his signature strat and the amps he used from 2005 on.
Too scratchy and raw for me - I prefer the Schecter Strat and the other amps. But the Komet amps or the likes are of course great amps.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the Berlin concert and I will listen very carefully - althogh the last tours the sound qulity in this venue was always so bad that I honestly wouldn't have noticed if he'd played via a decent amp or a crappy one...

I have been following MK in every tour since 1992, few days ago in Milan I immediately understood there was something wrong on the distorted ones, that is not 10/10 for the first time ever. The sound was ok and very enjoyable but not 10/10 as usual. As you said they made great improvements, but the sound is not perfect as the real thing.

A Kemper is great for anyone who wants to have lots of great amps at 95% their real sound quality at only 2500 euros.
MK needs that ? 101% no
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:42:44 PM by PensaGhost »

Offlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
So I have figured it out. Yesterday finally saw the show with my own eyes. He uses the 59 LP on WAM, MFN, BIA and GH. On OUATITW it's a 58 reissue

WAM is the 59 yes. But the other songs is (as far as I could spot) all his good old 58.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 38 queries.