Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #23 DTRW TOUR - May 29 2019 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 9318 times)

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
Stunning gig...words fail me..what a band!!

No set list surprises but played mfn, bis and local hero  to end..
X

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Stunning gig...words fail me..what a band!!

No set list surprises but played mfn, bis and local hero  to end..
X

Seems like they're really hitting their stride....

OfflineDutchMark

• Guitar George
I don't expect any change so it really doesn't matter.

seems that the setlist is written in stone.....

:(

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
Maybe they try some different songs after the break.They really don't need to though the setlist is fantastic as it is and yes there are probably another 20-30 songs that if played would keep the setlist as fantastic but probably 95% only go to one show so its fresh for each audience.

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
last night was awesome, mark seems to be really up for it all of a sudden and ripping it up on the guitar even though there are notes you wouldn't except etc , but looks like hes trying stuff and out of comfort mode ;D

took dad last night , the show started 30mins late ,an annocement came over pa (which think was peter kay backstage with the guys) a few minutes past 8 saying the concert would be delayed due heavy traffic and rain , but he put his own spin on saying mark had gone too see the spice girls play (who were playing at manchetster city football stadium  for 3 nights)  and mark wouldnt be back untill they played a ceratin song ,and he would come on stage dressed as a spice girl later etc etc,

after this sillness they came on at 8.30 for stella set
, dad who has seen make every tour since 2005, said it was his favorite time hes seen mark ,ok marks slowed down but watching him tonight from row 8 putting lots of eefort and more raw sound,dad also loved it due too production, and every song he liked in the set (unlike normal) , and he  really think the brasses bring so much too the band

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:34:54 AM by crimmer »
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

hunter

but he put his own spin on saying mark had gone too see the spice girls play (who were playing at manchetster city football stadium  for 3 nights)  and mark wouldnt be back untill they played a ceratin song ,and he would come on stage dressed as a spice girl later etc etc,

That's hilarious. Love the banter and silliness the band and crew puts on.

For some reason I hear in my head the Spice Girls singing Back On the Dancefloor, in the most awful eurotrash techno style version you can imagine. The horror!

Offlinesimdru

• Guitar George
I frequently view this forum although I don’t have much spare time to contribute with 2 young kids & life at 100 mph, but I felt I had to come on and submit a quick review of last night’s gig.

Wow, I’m struggling for superlatives that justify quite how exceptional the band were last night. I have been to every single solo tour of Mark’s from STP right up to now and he simply gets better and better every time I see him. A bunch of musicians who are not only all exceptional within their own rights but clearly get along brilliantly off-stage which leads to a great chemistry on it. Mark’s singing was borderline whispering and hushed for much of the set but in no way does this detract from the performance, in fact I think it just switches the emphasis onto the sublime playing of himself & the rest of the band.

Last night was the first live music gig I took my 8 year old son to. He’s just started learning the guitar in school and loves listening to Mark whenever I put him on in the car, but with it being an 8:30 start and 2 hrs long I did worry about him losing his attention. However I need not have worried, he was transfixed from start to finish (helped by MK playing his 2 favourite songs to begin with in Why Aye Man and Corned Beef City) We were 5 rows from the front & during WAM Mark was surveying the audience and noticed my son (who was by far the youngest audience member I saw all night), he glanced over his glasses and paused to look at him before giving us the most wonderful approving smile. It was a magical moment for me & I definitely didn’t imagine it. Corned Beef City was followed by the best performance I have ever heard of Romeo & Juliet. Understated, hushed, and quite magical, with Mark whispering at times as we were all captivated. Even this cynical 38 year old man can’t deny I was welling up at this point, it all just got a bit much in that moment, having my son there too.
And on Mark went, from one magical song to the next. His ‘farewell speech’ wasn’t quite so ‘farewell’, more along the lines of ‘I did consider retiring but I just love performing too much so I think i’ll carry on until I drop.’ It would be such a shame if he did decide to call it a day, in no way does his playing reflect his ageing, his band gets better ever time I see it, the audience is enthralled and he gives such joy to so many people. If he enjoys it as much as he says then why quit now?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Great review simdru, thankyou.
Yes the show is great isn't it...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesmithy15493

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Hi, relative newcomer here

Seen Mark before in 2015 and this trumped it. Was 7 rows back from the front so the view was great, setlist was better aside from the 5 or so sleepers in the middle, WAM is a great opener and OUATITW was the highlight for me having listened to it on Alchemy so many times! Mark played great and his tone/phrasing was awesome MFN was ace.

I am baffled that a person can be dumb enough to repeatedly take pictures WITH FLASH ON from the 2nd/3rd row though, even after Mark gestured not to ???

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
I frequently view this forum although I don’t have much spare time to contribute with 2 young kids & life at 100 mph, but I felt I had to come on and submit a quick review of last night’s gig.

Wow, I’m struggling for superlatives that justify quite how exceptional the band were last night. I have been to every single solo tour of Mark’s from STP right up to now and he simply gets better and better every time I see him. A bunch of musicians who are not only all exceptional within their own rights but clearly get along brilliantly off-stage which leads to a great chemistry on it. Mark’s singing was borderline whispering and hushed for much of the set but in no way does this detract from the performance, in fact I think it just switches the emphasis onto the sublime playing of himself & the rest of the band.

Last night was the first live music gig I took my 8 year old son to. He’s just started learning the guitar in school and loves listening to Mark whenever I put him on in the car, but with it being an 8:30 start and 2 hrs long I did worry about him losing his attention. However I need not have worried, he was transfixed from start to finish (helped by MK playing his 2 favourite songs to begin with in Why Aye Man and Corned Beef City) We were 5 rows from the front & during WAM Mark was surveying the audience and noticed my son (who was by far the youngest audience member I saw all night), he glanced over his glasses and paused to look at him before giving us the most wonderful approving smile. It was a magical moment for me & I definitely didn’t imagine it. Corned Beef City was followed by the best performance I have ever heard of Romeo & Juliet. Understated, hushed, and quite magical, with Mark whispering at times as we were all captivated. Even this cynical 38 year old man can’t deny I was welling up at this point, it all just got a bit much in that moment, having my son there too.
And on Mark went, from one magical song to the next. His ‘farewell speech’ wasn’t quite so ‘farewell’, more along the lines of ‘I did consider retiring but I just love performing too much so I think i’ll carry on until I drop.’ It would be such a shame if he did decide to call it a day, in no way does his playing reflect his ageing, his band gets better ever time I see it, the audience is enthralled and he gives such joy to so many people. If he enjoys it as much as he says then why quit now?

Great gig. I was in row 6 and noticed mark absolutely focused on someone nearby at the start of WAM and then saw his big smile ... so you definitely didn’t imagine it!! Think  I saw your son, he was well into the gig and looked to be full of beans having a fantastic time! Good on you both!

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
How many concerts will I need to order, if these AMIT reviews continue? :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Peter Kay was present at the gig so it seems!!! Hope the announcement is captured on the Downloads? somehow I d expect not....

http://guyfletcher.co.uk/29th-may-2019-manchester/
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 41 queries.