Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Goodbye speech  (Read 15249 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Goodbye speech
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 02:24:47 PM »
in this interview he says it is all about time, and that he prefers wrting and recording to touring, simply because of the effort and time going into that.
https://www.nzz.ch/feuilleton/mark-knopfler-der-meister-der-subtilen-virtuositaet-ld.1478866
also says it will be mostly the international touring that will cease, so i understand he will do a "Clapton" and only play the RAH or something similar.

That's what most of us expect... or wish!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
in this interview he says it is all about time, and that he prefers wrting and recording to touring, simply because of the effort and time going into that.
https://www.nzz.ch/feuilleton/mark-knopfler-der-meister-der-subtilen-virtuositaet-ld.1478866
also says it will be mostly the international touring that will cease, so i understand he will do a "Clapton" and only play the RAH or something similar.

I would love to be at one of those concerts!   It won't be quite so easy to get tickets, though!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 02:33:25 PM »

I would love to be at one of those concerts!   It won't be quite so easy to get tickets, though!   

We would always have the fair admission...

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »
He might be in more UK venues Val, so it should be easier to get tickets for UK based fans.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 03:38:22 PM »
He might be in more UK venues Val, so it should be easier to get tickets for UK based fans.

I really hope so!   I don't want this tour to be the last time I see him play in front of me.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 06:38:08 PM »

I really hope so!   I don't want this tour to be the last time I see him play in front of me.   :)

I'm beginning to have a feeling it might be. 
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 10:19:25 PM »

Who knows.....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »

Who knows.....

Well we don't know what's in front of us, but perhaps Mark doesn't want to play live again.  He's avoided TV shows this time and I reckon we've long suspected he enjoys his time in BG more than out on the road and has done for many years.  When someone says to the media they enjoy "the whole process" then you kind of know something.

I'm also not sure if a few nights at the RAH are his thing anyway because we all know it takes him over a months worth of touring to warm up and shake off the cobwebs.  A few nights and he'll not be performing well at all.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
I really don't mind this is the end of touring, we should get albums more often this way, plus he has given his all as far as touring is concerned for over 40 years. To many great performances to mention.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »
I really don't mind this is the end of touring, we should get albums more often this way, plus he has given his all as far as touring is concerned for over 40 years. To many great performances to mention.

Me either.  I don't want to see him performing poorly or unable to deliver a good show without his best songs and a proper climax.  Oops!  :smack

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 11:26:33 PM »

And he's also got a history of very quickly moving on once he's made a decision. We could name numerous casualties left at the roadside as a result of Marks single mindedness. This is why I, like dmg, fear he may knock live work on the head full stop.

We will see....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 11:34:16 PM »

And he's also got a history of very quickly moving on once he's made a decision. We could name numerous casualties left at the roadside as a result of Marks single mindedness. This is why I, like dmg, fear he may knock live work on the head full stop.

We will see....

Sadly, I agree that once the tour is finished that will be that with Live shows. Who knows perhaps guesting, little snippet shows similar to Hay and Chalke Valley or something similar perhaps but full on shows I just cannot see it....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2019, 07:58:43 AM »
I have a feeling that although he likes touring and playing live, that he will be relieved those days are finished after this tour, I don't think we as fans fully understand the demands it has made on him over the years, it must be a huge commitment. By the end of the tour he would have turned 70, so maybe he feels that is a good age to end the touring. I for one will only praise him for the long time he has given the world his gift as a live performer. And look forward to more albums :thumbsup

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2019, 10:47:13 AM »
I think in some of the speeches he mentioned about playing small gigs or few shows in the future but nothing like a tour... I think I read somewhere thar he said something in some city which I can't recall.

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2019, 10:04:55 AM »
What about the German shows, did MK say Goodbye there as well ??

Cheers Peter

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 36 queries.