Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Goodbye speech  (Read 15620 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Goodbye speech
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2019, 08:55:58 PM »
In Newcastle Mark said that "he will come back" and somebody that was also there did confirm that I really heard Mark saying that.
So no more goodbye.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2019, 10:07:10 PM »
Maybe he is telling he retires, he should retire or he would come back depending where he is...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2019, 12:22:59 PM »
If he has it mind to play the odd gig at places that mean something to him in the UK, perhaps it’s not surprising that we get a different version of his retirement.

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »
I think that if his health is okay and if the next record comes out pretty soon, then there might be UK tour. However, if the tour break is over 3 years, it might take too long to get the playing to the level that He is happy to.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2019, 02:43:15 AM »
I think that if his health is okay and if the next record comes out pretty soon, then there might be UK tour. However, if the tour break is over 3 years, it might take too long to get the playing to the level that He is happy to.

Next year is already committed to the musical in London and the recording of the record of it.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2019, 12:13:10 PM »

Guy has already said this is the last one and hints at it during his diary entries.  I think Mark has just revised his speech to make it less downbeat, but that's just my personal opinion.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineVincent Rapide

• Guitar George
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 04:15:23 PM »
I've seen him twice on the DTRW tour. At the last gig, in Birmingham, I got the genuine impression he'd changed his mind.

'I keep thinking about retirement but what else would I do? I just love playing music to people. So I'll probably be doing this until I fall over'

Followed by a rapturous reception. ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 04:24:54 PM »
Well, I guess this would mean what we were expecting. He will quit the big tours and will play just shorts ones. Something like Clapton is going these last years.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »
I've seen him twice on the DTRW tour. At the last gig, in Birmingham, I got the genuine impression he'd changed his mind.

'I keep thinking about retirement but what else would I do? I just love playing music to people. So I'll probably be doing this until I fall over'

Honestly, I’d love to hear more new songs from Mark rather than seeing him trying to get into this Wikipedia article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entertainers_who_died_during_a_performance

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »

Honestly, I’d love to hear more new songs from Mark rather than seeing him trying to get into this Wikipedia article: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_entertainers_who_died_during_a_performance

Interesting list.  I remember watching when Tommy Cooper snuffed it. 
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Online2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »

Yep, clear as day, everyone thought it was part of the act. Brilliant comedian sadly missed....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2019, 11:30:36 PM »

Yep, clear as day, everyone thought it was part of the act. Brilliant comedian sadly missed....

I'm a fan of magic and perfectly understand you both, love Tommy, one of the best to call himself a magician for sure.

And he was younger than MK, by the way. So I don't want him to play live "just because" he loves it, I hope he'll find the middle ground.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:33:17 PM by quizzaciously »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2019, 10:43:43 AM »
Question to Guy:
First gig in Barcelona, and first “goodbye”….i think that Mark has said “goodbye” also in the rest of gigs….but….what about gigs in London Town, has Mark said “goodbye” in the London Town Gigs ??? Thanks thanks thanks thanks….

Guy's answer: seemingly not

* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineVincent Rapide

• Guitar George
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »

Me too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 36 queries.