Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #12 DTRW TOUR - May 12 2019 - Zenith Of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France#SPOILER#  (Read 14586 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks Herlock.  He is having some fun on MFN.

This finger of death nonsense really is a bit much.  It may be a sad sight to see but it is what it is so accept it.  He truly is the old fashioned guy in Bacon Roll.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetngemini

• Guitar George
Fabulous yesterday ! Punchy,  detailed, smiles from the band. The guitar hero was there and  happy to be there. Very good licks and arrangements on the guitar.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Thanks Herlock.  He is having some fun on MFN.

This finger of death nonsense really is a bit much.  It may be a sad sight to see but it is what it is so accept it.  He truly is the old fashioned guy in Bacon Roll.
I promise I won't film next tour.   :'(

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado

It’s back! :clap

MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
He plays Silvertown so similar than he does in the record that it cuts any chance of a great solo in the end. It could had been epic but you know that when the final comes, it's a "coitus interrupts"  ;D
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
So he said yesterday during R&J "stop filming please it's putting me off".. was it to all cellphones in action??

Their policy says he has nothing against recording/photos if it's for private non-profit use... But i can understand if hundreds of cellphones is a bit distracting.

On the other hand i can understand that fans really want to make memories this time on the last big tour... Since they probably won't make any DVD of the tour either, how can we have any footage if not doing it ourselves? :hmm

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
I would not attend a concert by Mark Knopfler and spend time watching/filming it through a phone!! why go?
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I would not attend a concert by Mark Knopfler and spend time watching/filming it through a phone!! why go?

Personally I wouldn't do it either but I'm so glad others spend the time to do so.  It documents the shows on his final tour and this is important, especially as we don't have a live solo DVD and for some fans he isn't visiting their continent.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird

Personally I wouldn't do it either but I'm so glad others spend the time to do so.  It documents the shows on his final tour and this is important, especially as we don't have a live solo DVD and for some fans he isn't visiting their continent.

Exactly my thoughts...
Say what you want about Mark's request and fans ignoring it, but this is to really create memories from the last big tour. Both his fans and his music deserve it :thumbsup

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
What a night !
Songs very well played.
Silvertown back ! So it was not a rare song that I got in Barcelona after all :) everything comes with a price, so no OES... I would have much preferred no CBC... oh well.

But the news of the night is... The return of the finger of death, 11 years later ! Well,.kind of. A soft form. At the beginning of Romeo, Mark said softly: "Please stop filming. It puts me off. Merci beaucoup, thank you very much". Ouch !!

Even though I was 5th row center, I managed to end up first row just below Mark at the run of the bulls. A hell of a MFN and BIA ! If only some morons could stop yelling in my ear and singing (falsely) rhe lyrics...

so you got SB 2 times ? lol great !!

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
What a night !
Songs very well played.
Silvertown back ! So it was not a rare song that I got in Barcelona after all :) everything comes with a price, so no OES... I would have much preferred no CBC... oh well.

But the news of the night is... The return of the finger of death, 11 years later ! Well,.kind of. A soft form. At the beginning of Romeo, Mark said softly: "Please stop filming. It puts me off. Merci beaucoup, thank you very much". Ouch !!

Even though I was 5th row center, I managed to end up first row just below Mark at the run of the bulls. A hell of a MFN and BIA ! If only some morons could stop yelling in my ear and singing (falsely) rhe lyrics...

so you got SB 2 times ? lol great !!
Yes, Barcelona and Strasbourg.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Listening to the videos from this show it seems very well played indeed.  :thumbsup

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
herlock write please more. Sounds good?
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
herlock write please more. Sounds good?
Not as good as in Bordeaux (both sound and performance) but very nice, power WAM, beautiful STP, awesome OUATITW, joyful MFN, touching BIA, and the surprise of Silvertown back !!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 36 queries.