Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #14 DTRW TOUR - May 15 2019 - Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin, Germany #SPOILER#  (Read 17823 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Looks like the good ol' autopilot has landed and is ready to lock and roll...

Again, most people don't go to more than one show, so if the current set is working for Mark and provides him with a framework where he can feel relaxed and perform his best, then I don't see the problem.

A static set within the same tour must be perfectly acceptable. Almost identical sets from tour to tour, though, that is a whole different issue.

It’s shocking to me that Mark can spend 6 months finding the right sound for his Kemper amp, but only take a couple of weeks for tour rehearsal and then tries new things on the fly or on sound checks. If you rehearse for two weeks no wonder we have two new songs and autopilot. Again, 6 months for amp, 3 weeks for rehearsals.

Love Expresso

Rehearsal needs the band, room and stage and a lot of things to organize. Checking Kemper can be done "by the way" whenever there is some spare time left.

LE

Offlinedvschend

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Is Mark really using a teleprompter for the lyrics? ???  :hmm

Many bands of these days do it. Saw it by Gilmour, Waters, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and U2 for instance

Offlineneco

• Camerado

Again, most people don't go to more than one show, so if the current set is working for Mark and provides him with a framework where he can feel relaxed and perform his best, then I don't see the problem.

A static set within the same tour must be perfectly acceptable. Almost identical sets from tour to tour, though, that is a whole different issue.

It’s shocking to me that Mark can spend 6 months finding the right sound for his Kemper amp, but only take a couple of weeks for tour rehearsal and then tries new things on the fly or on sound checks. If you rehearse for two weeks no wonder we have two new songs and autopilot. Again, 6 months for amp, 3 weeks for rehearsals.

It doesn‘t mean they were 6 months in the studio 8 hours a day. It simply means they profiled in the period o the last 6 months. MK had a lot of other things to do like the musical etc. They weren‘t working full 6 months

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo

Many bands of these days do it. Saw it by Gilmour, Waters, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney and U2 for instance

Also Paul Heaton from The Beautiful South has done since the start of his career, and he wrote most of the songs.

As for a static set list, I am not in the lightest bothered by it, my view is, that it's an honour to sit in front of Mark when he plays live, whatever song he plays. All the people who went to see Roger Waters perform The Wall got the same thing every night, and no-one complained. I know it is an album, but you get my point ;) Though you could say they got a bonus as it included two songs not on the original album, What Shall We Do Now, and The Last Few Bricks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:34:31 AM by qjamesfloyd »
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time

Also Paul Heaton from The Beautiful South has done since the start of his career, and he wrote most of the songs.

As for a static set list, I am not in the lightest bothered by it, my view is, that it's an honour to sit in front of Mark when he plays live, whatever song he plays. All the people who went to see Roger Waters perform The Wall got the same thing every night, and no-one complained. I know it is an album, but you get my point ;) Though you could say they got a bonus as it included two songs not on the original album, What Shall We Do Now, and The Last Few Bricks.
no i do not agree. and do not get the point. the wall tour was,....a tour about 1 themed album, his other tours were less (still a bit) static.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
As far as I am aware, Mark doesn't promise to play any specific song, so if he changes it every night, or keeps it the same, people shouldn't be surprised or disappointed. With The Wall, you know the set list before attending every show, so again you shouldn't be surprised or disappointed. Just my view, I could be wrong. :-\
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

Bruce Springsteen has been using it for years.

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer

You bet he needs that telepromter, good luck remembering the lyrics of "Heart Full Of Holes"  ;D
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..

You bet he needs that telepromter, good luck remembering the lyrics of "Heart Full Of Holes"  ;D

Good job he's not performing 'True Love Will Never Fade'. he might get confused and think the teleprompter has got stuck  ;)

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer

Good job he's not performing 'True Love Will Never Fade'. he might get confused and think the teleprompter has got stuck  ;)

LOL, and now we know why he wears glasses.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

I have seen 4 shows of his "Us and Them" tour, and the setlist was as static as MK 2019. A small change once in while, period.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"

But apart from the 16 song setlist MK has, Bruce has like 30 songs per show plus he takes requests from the audience plus he constantly shakes the setlists up.
 ;D ::)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado

Yes

:thumbsup
first time he is

Thanks for the info.
 I haven't seen it in Barcelona. Next week in London I will keep an eye on it :)
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

:thumbsup
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 40 queries.