Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #16 DTRW TOUR - May 18 2019 - First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 33715 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Cant believe it's been one year (almost)  :o
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Yes, the time has flown by since we were at the Leeds show!   I still listen to the Leeds recording with pleasure - it's probably my favourite of all those I have heard.  Sad that it may not happen again!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Yes, the time has flown by since we were at the Leeds show!   I still listen to the Leeds recording with pleasure - it's probably my favourite of all those I have heard.  Sad that it may not happen again!

:'(

Really enjoyed my trip to Leeds followed by Newcastle the following day.  After the show Ingrid and I went for a drink, then the following day I recall walking past the train station and hearing my name being called.  It was Mr Superval with his head out the door of Prêt a Manger!  I went in and had a chat then had a walk down to The Grove.

Met up with most of the gang in Newcastle the next night too and said our farewells.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Really enjoyed my trip to Leeds followed by Newcastle the following day.  After the show Ingrid and I went for a drink, then the following day I recall walking past the train station and hearing my name being called.  It was Mr Superval with his head out the door of Prêt a Manger!  I went in and had a chat then had a walk down to The Grove.

Met up with most of the gang in Newcastle the next night too and said our farewells.

Missing you all!    :'(
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Hi Val,

It was indeed an excellent concert and like you I keep listening to this particular show - hearing Silvertown Live was the absolute highlight!!
What a good little meet up we had before, and then after dmg & Ingrid went off for a night cap but we retired to bed!

Are you both getting on ok by the way Mr & Mrs Superval?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:36:46 PM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Missing you all!    :'(

Sad to think that that was likely the last time we will all met up like that for a MK show...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Sad to think those meet ups most likely will never happen again - certainly before/after an MK show...hope all is well with you dmg?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Sad to think those meet ups most likely will never happen again - certainly before/after an MK show...hope all is well with you dmg?

Bored out of my skull, but fine thanks.  I'm keeping check on you and Mrs Knopflerfan via her Facebook.  Your garden's coming on a treat.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Bored out of my skull, but fine thanks.  I'm keeping check on you and Mrs Knopflerfan via her Facebook.  Your garden's coming on a treat.

Mrs Knopflerfan has now left Facebook by the way...we are both fine. Very pleased with the garden especially as it's all coming alive again....we must catch up again when we can...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Hi Val,

It was indeed an excellent concert and like you I keep listening to this particular show - hearing Silvertown Live was the absolute highlight!!
What a good little meet up we had before, and then after dmg & Ingrid went off for a night cap but we retired to bed!

We are both doing fine, thank you.   We do a good walk every morning, about 5 miles, to our local reservoir, which is very beautiful with lots of woodland and the bluebells are extra-special this year.   We are both working in the garden every day, too.   Love to you both.  Take care!  :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: #16 DTRW TOUR - May 18 2019 - First Direct Arena, Leeds, UK #SPOILER#
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »

Hi Val,

We are both doing fine, thank you.   We do a good walk every morning, about 5 miles, to our local reservoir, which is very beautiful with lots of woodland and the bluebells are extra-special this year.   We are both working in the garden every day, too.   Love to you both.  Take care!  :wave

How lovely,  yes I went kayaking for the first time since the lockdown 'eased' yesterday in Poole harbour opposite Brownsea Island which was amazing. Our garden is coming on a treat too which is nice and like you we've been doing plenty of walking too...
Best wishes to you both..

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2020, 11:54:27 PM »
didn't manage to see many of you leeds due too being with my sister
but enjoyed reliving leeds concert this evening after work , is there a way we can all relive the Newcastle concert tomorrow evening together somehow??

come on dmg your the man for this ??
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2020, 01:03:21 PM »
but enjoyed reliving leeds concert this evening after work , is there a way we can all relive the Newcastle concert tomorrow evening together somehow??

It was really good to bump into you after the Leedscshow on the way out!!!

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2020, 02:06:50 PM »

It was the funniest live streaming the tatitos did in the whole tour. Even Mark's daughter was present that day. Sadly, I don't have recording of that streaming.

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »
will start Newcastle recording in a bit a relive it, was great too see some of you before and after and just awesome too be in the toon, then went out to the spannish city the day after
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 36 queries.