Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #17 DTRW TOUR - May 19 2019 - Utilita Arena, Newcastle, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 23342 times)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Re: #17 DTRW TOUR - May 19 2019 - Utilita Arena, Newcastle, UK #SPOILER#
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 07:08:14 AM »
Can somebody post the complete setlist for this show please? Thanks!

You didn't check page 1?  ;)

1. Why Aye Man
2. Corned Beef City
3. Sailing To Philadelphia
4. Once Upon A Time In The West
5. Romeo and Juliet
6. My Bacon Roll
7. Matchstick Man
8. Done with Bonaparte
9. Heart Full Of Holes
10. She's Gone / Your Latest Trick
11. Postcards From Paraguay
12. Silvertown Blues
13. Speedway at Nazareth
14. Money For Nothing
15. Piper To The End
16. Going Home

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »
Checked out some clips on youtube , and mark is in fine form! hope they keep this setlist for when I head to a show in a couple of months. Very excited!

Also loving the sound of the kemper , Must be so much easier to manage on the road!

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 08:57:26 AM »
I've seen Mark many times in various formats and band line ups but tonight was the best concert experience ever. It's hard to describe why but basically the set is varied, beautifully paced and exquisitely played. Guitar tone is fab with the Kemper amps, the PA is incredible and the emotion and bond between Mark and the audience is something very special. I'll write more tomorrow.

Happy to hear! Do you think that the evening had a special feeling? I just checked Youtube video of Going home.

Offlinebrewers droop

• Guitar George
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 09:45:50 AM »
Definitely a special feeling of happiness and emotion between Mark and audience... But also the chemistry between the band members is very special on this tour as well. That is my impression anyway.

Offlinegeordie_60

• Local Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »
1. Why Aye Man
2. Corned Beef City
3. Sailing To Philadelphia
4. Once Upon A Time In The West
5. Romeo and Juliet
6. My Bacon Roll
7. Matchstick Man
8. Done with Bonaparte
9. Heart Full Of Holes
10. She's Gone / Your Latest Trick
11. Postcards From Paraguay
12. Silvertown Blues
13. Speedway at Nazareth
14. Money For Nothing
15. Piper To The End
16. Going Home

Really brilliant set and excellent audience! But being from Newcastle I would say that!  Loved it when he talked about coming home and quoted lyrics from Southbound Again. Also it was great to hear his homage to the famous Geordie song the Blaydon Races during the intro to Why aye man

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2019, 11:02:10 AM »
geordie_60, great to read your words! Let´s hope that there will be more videos on Youtube.

OfflineMK_live

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Camerado
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
When i checked this morning, it was not yet on page one at the top. Also not on mk.com
But thanks for this list, much appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:19:47 PM by MK_live »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »
When i checked this morning, it was not yet on page one at the top. Also not on mk.com
But thanks for this list, much appreciated!

Yea, forgot about that, the person who used to update has not done so lately.. i did a post on page 1 which I updated :)

OfflineHarry

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2019, 01:23:30 PM »

Wow - just got home and still buzzing. What an incredible evening. I’ve never felt such an atmosphere at an MK concert as there was last night. I was in Block A but all I could see from MFN onwards was everyone on their feet, and the audience accompaniment to MFN nearly took the Arena roof off!

MK seemed relaxed and the band seemed appreciative. If that ends up being the last live performance of Mark that I see then it’s a wonderful memory to end with :lol

I hope that the band enjoyed the occasion as much as the audience seemed to.

Mark’s farewell speech was much the same as before, except with some lovely local references for the local audience.

Also managed to bring back a Litho (122). Surprised that the run for this tour is limited to just 500.

All in all, a warm, unforgettable and joyous evening. Mind you, the stadium staff having to break a door down to retrieve my wheelchair from where they had stored it wasn’t something I was anticipated, but top customer service!!

OfflineHarry

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »

Hi Hunter,

I don’t know what that reporter was expecting, but his report doesn’t reflect what I experienced. There will never be dancing from the very first song. My reading was that the audience was warm, respectful and encouraging most of the way through - listening to the quality of the music. MKs farewell announcement was met with some well-meaning booing etc. The only bit that didn’t really work was the response to Bacon Roll but that doesn’t sound to be a one off. Yes, the audience clapping to PFP could have been stronger but it wasn’t an arena full of teenagers....

The ‘encore’ though was a party and a blast. That reporter must have had a bad seat ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2019, 03:41:14 PM »
Just returned home from Newcastle after another amazing concert.  If I thought Leeds was amazing then Newcastle was completely super-duper fantastic!    Everything sounded better for me, largely due to the fact that the echo that I had heard in Leeds was no longer there and even the brassies sounded better, including the trumpet.

Mark was in fine form and I completely disagree with the report from the Chronicle that this was a static audience.  When Why Aye Man began, there were lots of people on their feet, clapping already.   Mark told the audience how great it was to be back in his home town and quoted some lines from Southbound Again and then said something like "I hate quoting myself" and the audience responded, laughing!

Met up with lots of people from amit again and we ended the evening discussing the show over drinks at the hotel.   Thanks for a great time to my amit friends and, of course to Mark and his wonderful band.

PS Made it to the stage again, but had to climb over some people to get there!   ;D   Nobody seemed to know about the running of the bulls!  Some others cottoned on eventually!  ;)

My next concert is Verona, which I know will be bittersweet. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 04:06:17 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinexardas

• Local Hero
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2019, 05:16:05 PM »
What line did he quote from Southbound again?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
Just returned home from Newcastle after another amazing concert.  If I thought Leeds was amazing then Newcastle was completely super-duper fantastic!    Everything sounded better for me, largely due to the fact that the echo that I had heard in Leeds was no longer there and even the brassies sounded better, including the trumpet.

Mark was in fine form and I completely disagree with the report from the Chronicle that this was a static audience.  When Why Aye Man began, there were lots of people on their feet, clapping already.   Mark told the audience how great it was to be back in his home town and quoted some lines from Southbound Again and then said something like "I hate quoting myself" and the audience responded, laughing!

Met up with lots of people from amit again and we ended the evening discussing the show over drinks at the hotel.   Thanks for a great time to my amit friends and, of course to Mark and his wonderful band.

PS Made it to the stage again, but had to climb over some people to get there!   ;D   Nobody seemed to know about the running of the bulls!  Some others cottoned on eventually!  ;)

Glad you had a lovely time, I bet Mr Superval beat you up to the front??!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2019, 05:51:26 PM »

Glad you had a lovely time, I bet Mr Superval beat you up to the front??!!

No, I beat him to it - I always do!    ;D   
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 40 queries.