Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #86 DTRW TOUR - Sep 25 2019 - Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY, US(w.Bonnie Raitt)  (Read 118487 times)

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
Thanks again blacklab jr

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado

Offlinesilentguy

• Camerado
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:28:04 PM by silentguy »

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Did the venue end up being half empty?

6:53

Half empty or half full — that is the question :lol

Half empty says the pessimist, half full says Paul Crooksford! :lol

Guy didn't mention the filled seats in the diary post, but of course, this was the best show ever with all the other 80+ shows before as warm-up  :lol

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Funny moment in WAM when Mark sung "Germany is chemical free" and then he looked over to his right and smiled!  :lol

From the videos I've heard this was a distinct step down from the excellent recent shows.  Going Home and StP were pretty rough for example.  I think Mark had his mind on holiday already.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:43:18 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

From Guy's pictures it looked pretty full!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

There's a video of MFN taken from the side and at the end it pans round showing it pretty much full with vacant seats only at the very extreme ends.  I suspect people may have been relocated though.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

There's a video of MFN taken from the side and at the end it pans round showing it pretty much full with vacant seats only at the very extreme ends.  I suspect people may have been relocated though.

I'm very surprised how full it looks, especially when it looked pretty sparsely filled only last week on the MSG website.   I'm really pleased for MK and the band. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer

I'm very surprised how full it looks, especially when it looked pretty sparsely filled only last week on the MSG website.   I'm really pleased for MK and the band.

Quoting Guy : "Age, 59, singing the intro to Money For Nothing at Madison Square Garden, looking out to a sea of camera phones lighting up eleven thousand smiles. "

11 000 maybe ? which is highly respectable, the greater number since Dire Straits shows ?
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineR1972

• Guitar George
  I really enjoy everyones tidbits snd observations.. thank you for sharing.
  Here are my humble impressions of a Night With Mark K At  Madison Square Garden for those not there. I was in the floor seats just right of the center section in the 14th row.
Now that I have had some sleep and a 4 hour drive home on I-95; ( playing Speedway for 80 miles, who needs caffine?) - I decided to leave the raw video of "Wherever I Go" as is... I really like it just like that. And I love watching everyone's video; you catch different things from different views.

Well what a beautiful, joy filled evening. Standing there as they sang "Wherever I Go"
I think in the moment we all felt both awe and sadness combined, but Mark was not sad at any of the three shows I attended. He was smiling, laughing, and playing on fire... enjoying his band as they played. Mark Knopfler reminds me of the Loving Spoonful line in "Do You Believe  in Magic" -
"How the magic's in the music and the music's in me."

Mark K said on the "Everywhere I Go" Video-
 "Well it's been a heck of a trip, I can tell you that."
He thanked the road crew. ( Myself and others counted at least 8 or 9 tractor trailers out on 33rd.)
I feel Mark's voice broke a little then, when he called out to the crowd,
 "And to everybody out there, I just want to say thank you so much for making the end."

To those who asked about the crowd, it ended up being an almost fully packed house. You can look at Guy Fletchers' blog photos if you are curious.

So I have two more MSG videos to add to the stupendous collection.
Thanks for sharing, you front row guys!

Speedway At Nazareth -MSG 2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Upon A Time In the West

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:06:22 AM by R1972 »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you, Roxanne, for your videos.   You caught the atmosphere very well - I felt I was there!     :clap
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
  I really enjoy everyones tidbits snd observations.. thank you for sharing.
  Here are my humble impressions of a Night With Mark K At  Madison Square Garden for those not there. I was in the floor seats just right of the center section in the 14th row.
Now that I have had some sleep and a 4 hour drive home on I-95; ( playing Speedway for 80 miles, who needs caffine?) - I decided to leave the raw video of "Everywhere I Go" as is... I really like it just like that. And I love watching everyone's video; you catch different things from different views.

Well what a beautiful, joy filled evening. Standing there as they sang "Everywhere I Go"
I think in the moment we all felt both awe and sadness combined, but Mark was not sad at any of the three shows I attended. He was smiling, laughing, and playing on fire... enjoying his band as they played. Mark Knopfler reminds me of the Loving Spoonful line in "Do You Believe  in Magic" -
"How the magic's in the music and the music's in me."

Mark K said on the "Everywhere I Go" Video-
 "Well it's been a heck of a trip, I can tell you that."
He thanked the road crew. ( Myself and others counted at least 8 or 9 tractor trailers out on 33rd.)
I feel Mark's voice broke a little then, when he called out to the crowd,
 "And to everybody out there, I just want to say thank you so much for making the end."

To those who aker about the crowd, it ended up being an almost fully packed house. You can look at Guy Fletchers' blog photos if you are curious.

So I have two more MSG videos to add to the stupendous collection.
Thanks for sharing, you front row guys!

Speedway At Nazareth -MSG 2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Upon A Time In the West

'Wherever I Go'  :wave
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineR1972

• Guitar George
Just so you won't have to go hunting for it several pages back...
Wherever I Go
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 10:07:44 PM by R1972 »

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Wherever I Go

OfflineShai

• Camerado
I mentioned the other day that the arena was about 90% full. On a Wednesday night in NYC, during a week where people stayed away because of the clown show called the UN, I would say, "pretty good". Also, the sections behind the stage were not for sale, so the max was reduced from like 18,000 down to about 15,000. Furthermore, at 90% full, that's 13,500!

If they would have advertised it as "former leader of Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler", it would have been totally sold out- I live in NY and from experience, when I refer to Mark Knopfler, many people say "who?" and I say "from Dire Straits", and they say, "oh, yeah, he's amazing...". Maybe MK didn't want to be associated this the DS name, especially after the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame disaster and his unhappiness over the tribute and fake DS bands.

Saul

ps, On Guy's tour diary for the MSG show, there are two pictures from behind Mark, that shows the crowd. The first is after BIA and right before Wherever I Go, while the second was taken after Going Home. I am the guy to the right of Mark, in the light blue shirt...you can't miss it since it stuck out like a sore thumb! Awesome. 
 MARK

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 38 queries.