Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #19 DTRW TOUR - May 22 2019 - Royal Albert Hall, London, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 16700 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Cool story by an amazing guitar teacher I follow on Facebook. He met Mark in London.

https://www.facebook.com/157863920899685/posts/2516541951698525?s=552225069&v=i&sfns=mo

MK visits his site regularly ? sure
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

hunter

Cool story by an amazing guitar teacher I follow on Facebook. He met Mark in London.

https://www.facebook.com/157863920899685/posts/2516541951698525?s=552225069&v=i&sfns=mo

So you're saying either Mark or Justin are lying. What's with your negative outlook on things?

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

Why would he lie about that? Please.... :think :think
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
According to his own website https://www.justinguitar.com
he is officially endorsed by MK yet he needs Richard Bennett to finally meet and chat with MK and to find out MK knew about his website, sure
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

hunter

According to his own website https://www.justinguitar.com
he is officially endorsed by MK yet he needs Richard Bennett to finally meet and chat with MK and to find out MK knew about his website, sure

Dude, just because you are endorsed by Mark, doesn't mean you have his phone number or email address. Are you trolling?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Just back from London, to what it could be MK last Royal Albert Hall performance, at least on tour, if we believe him, what an experience...

The concert itself was great. Of the four I already attended, the best one without any doubt. In the first concerts in Spain. MK in those concerts looked sad, tired and his playing was quite affected by it. The band showed clearly that they were just starting, they played very well, but with some mistakes. In this RAH concert MK was very happy, relaxed, in good mood and playing very very well, with the usual number of mistakes playing here and there, but this concert was like many others I've seen from him, I mean, played very well, as the great master he is. The band was exceptional, and the songs had developed since that firsts concerts with new arrangements that were quite nice.

The best when at the Royal Albert Hall is when you cross at the corridors with famous people attending the Mk concert. The first one was Hal Lindes, who was very surprised and happy whenI recognized him and asked him for a picture. He asked me if I already saw MK in this tour and if I liked it, I told him that yes, I liked it and he asked me again, even My Bacon Roll? and I answered that actually, the live arrangements of that song are quite great. He introduced me to a woman that was with him, which is an artist he's working with nowadays. He was very kind and funny. I'm so happy I got to meet him personally!

After that, I saw Brian Johnson, I tried to stop him to have a photo with him, but he refused, actually in a very good way, he was very kind but apparently he doesn't want to had photos taken, I don't know why. He repeated varios times that today was MK day, not his day, but always being very kind, shaking hands and hugging...

After that, looking for the toilets, I saw again Brian going into his box with Bill Wyman! and seconds after John Illsley arrived with Paul Cummins and some other friends and entered to the box just next to Brian Johnson and Bill Wyman.

I just say HI! to John and "See you in Valencia at the end of the year, I just bought tickets for the concert" and he answered "Are that Spanish tickets on sale already?" and left for my seat. I noticed that from my seat I had not only a great view of the stage but also I could see very well that boxes with John, Brian, Bill and even the one where MK family was!

I had planned to in a certain way say good bye to the RAH itself, like when the Pope arrives to wherever and kiss the floor but in the end I decided not too, as I hope it's not the last time and MK would keep playing there in the future some one offs concerts instead of touring.

Was also very nice to see again some of you even briefly, like Ingrid, Stefan, Marijn, Nelly, Pottel, who didn't recognize me at all  :lol and some others from amit whose names now I can't remember. Hope to see you again in the future at the same place!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Many thanks, jbaent, for your great review!   I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much.   I'm now looking forward to my last concert in Verona and also meeting you there for the first time!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
if there is going to be an official recording at all , lets really hope its the second night , I went too both , as well as Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle , this is my favorite by far !!
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
if there is going to be an official recording at all , lets really hope its the second night , I went too both , as well as Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle , this is my favorite by far !!

Yeah, you can use the second night plus Silvertown from the first to have it more complete!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
silvertown as bonus somehow lol
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

hunter

Just back from London, to what it could be MK last Royal Albert Hall performance, at least on tour, if we believe him, what an experience...

The concert itself was great. Of the four I already attended, the best one without any doubt. In the first concerts in Spain. MK in those concerts looked sad, tired and his playing was quite affected by it. The band showed clearly that they were just starting, they played very well, but with some mistakes. In this RAH concert MK was very happy, relaxed, in good mood and playing very very well, with the usual number of mistakes playing here and there, but this concert was like many others I've seen from him, I mean, played very well, as the great master he is. The band was exceptional, and the songs had developed since that firsts concerts with new arrangements that were quite nice.

The best when at the Royal Albert Hall is when you cross at the corridors with famous people attending the Mk concert. The first one was Hal Lindes, who was very surprised and happy whenI recognized him and asked him for a picture. He asked me if I already saw MK in this tour and if I liked it, I told him that yes, I liked it and he asked me again, even My Bacon Roll? and I answered that actually, the live arrangements of that song are quite great. He introduced me to a woman that was with him, which is an artist he's working with nowadays. He was very kind and funny. I'm so happy I got to meet him personally!

After that, I saw Brian Johnson, I tried to stop him to have a photo with him, but he refused, actually in a very good way, he was very kind but apparently he doesn't want to had photos taken, I don't know why. He repeated varios times that today was MK day, not his day, but always being very kind, shaking hands and hugging...

After that, looking for the toilets, I saw again Brian going into his box with Bill Wyman! and seconds after John Illsley arrived with Paul Cummins and some other friends and entered to the box just next to Brian Johnson and Bill Wyman.

I just say HI! to John and "See you in Valencia at the end of the year, I just bought tickets for the concert" and he answered "Are that Spanish tickets on sale already?" and left for my seat. I noticed that from my seat I had not only a great view of the stage but also I could see very well that boxes with John, Brian, Bill and even the one where MK family was!

I had planned to in a certain way say good bye to the RAH itself, like when the Pope arrives to wherever and kiss the floor but in the end I decided not too, as I hope it's not the last time and MK would keep playing there in the future some one offs concerts instead of touring.

Was also very nice to see again some of you even briefly, like Ingrid, Stefan, Marijn, Nelly, Pottel, who didn't recognize me at all  :lol and some others from amit whose names now I can't remember. Hope to see you again in the future at the same place!

Great review. Glad you had such a nice experience.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks for your great review Jbaent!  Love those little details.  So I take it Hal isn't a fan of Bacon Roll then!  :lol
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Fabulous review jbaent, thankyou...
Fingers very crossed it's not the last time we go to the RAH to see The Master...
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
Thanks for your great review Jbaent!  Love those little details.  So I take it Hal isn't a fan of Bacon Roll then!  :lol

He was very very kind and humble, he started a conversation like we were old friends so I guess he was just joking about a song with such a title!

It was a nice gesture to introduce me to Jannie Price, the artist with who he's working right now, he clearly wanted to introduce her in the conversation and not letting her apart. Actually, she's in the picture with me and Hal, LOL

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 44 queries.