Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #19 DTRW TOUR - May 22 2019 - Royal Albert Hall, London, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 16686 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Cool story by an amazing guitar teacher I follow on Facebook. He met Mark in London.

https://www.facebook.com/157863920899685/posts/2516541951698525?s=552225069&v=i&sfns=mo

I’m so happy for Justin! He deserves that and even more. I wish he’d cover more of Mark’s songs tho, but hey, to me he’s the only, THE only YouTube guitar teacher that deserves attention. Everyone else are pretentious as hell. I recommend his channel to every guitarist I know and no surprise Mark is a fan, too.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Just back from London, to what it could be MK last Royal Albert Hall performance, at least on tour, if we believe him, what an experience...

The concert itself was great. Of the four I already attended, the best one without any doubt. In the first concerts in Spain. MK in those concerts looked sad, tired and his playing was quite affected by it. The band showed clearly that they were just starting, they played very well, but with some mistakes. In this RAH concert MK was very happy, relaxed, in good mood and playing very very well, with the usual number of mistakes playing here and there, but this concert was like many others I've seen from him, I mean, played very well, as the great master he is. The band was exceptional, and the songs had developed since that firsts concerts with new arrangements that were quite nice.

The best when at the Royal Albert Hall is when you cross at the corridors with famous people attending the Mk concert. The first one was Hal Lindes, who was very surprised and happy whenI recognized him and asked him for a picture. He asked me if I already saw MK in this tour and if I liked it, I told him that yes, I liked it and he asked me again, even My Bacon Roll? and I answered that actually, the live arrangements of that song are quite great. He introduced me to a woman that was with him, which is an artist he's working with nowadays. He was very kind and funny. I'm so happy I got to meet him personally!

After that, I saw Brian Johnson, I tried to stop him to have a photo with him, but he refused, actually in a very good way, he was very kind but apparently he doesn't want to had photos taken, I don't know why. He repeated varios times that today was MK day, not his day, but always being very kind, shaking hands and hugging...

After that, looking for the toilets, I saw again Brian going into his box with Bill Wyman! and seconds after John Illsley arrived with Paul Cummins and some other friends and entered to the box just next to Brian Johnson and Bill Wyman.

I just say HI! to John and "See you in Valencia at the end of the year, I just bought tickets for the concert" and he answered "Are that Spanish tickets on sale already?" and left for my seat. I noticed that from my seat I had not only a great view of the stage but also I could see very well that boxes with John, Brian, Bill and even the one where MK family was!

I had planned to in a certain way say good bye to the RAH itself, like when the Pope arrives to wherever and kiss the floor but in the end I decided not too, as I hope it's not the last time and MK would keep playing there in the future some one offs concerts instead of touring.

Was also very nice to see again some of you even briefly, like Ingrid, Stefan, Marijn, Nelly, Pottel, who didn't recognize me at all  :lol and some others from amit whose names now I can't remember. Hope to see you again in the future at the same place!

hehe great ! well done  :thumbsup :thumbsup
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineLarsO

• Guitar George
Cool story by an amazing guitar teacher I follow on Facebook. He met Mark in London.

https://www.facebook.com/157863920899685/posts/2516541951698525?s=552225069&v=i&sfns=mo

I’m so happy for Justin! He deserves that and even more. I wish he’d cover more of Mark’s songs tho, but hey, to me he’s the only, THE only YouTube guitar teacher that deserves attention. Everyone else are pretentious as hell. I recommend his channel to every guitarist I know and no surprise Mark is a fan, too.

Very talented and likable! I «discovered» him in 2008 when I got myself a guitar.

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Thank youuuuuu! jbaent:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineGuitarjack

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Totally agree he's a natural teacher and great musician with good musical taste.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
Just back from London, to what it could be MK last Royal Albert Hall performance, at least on tour, if we believe him, what an experience...

The concert itself was great. Of the four I already attended, the best one without any doubt. In the first concerts in Spain. MK in those concerts looked sad, tired and his playing was quite affected by it. The band showed clearly that they were just starting, they played very well, but with some mistakes. In this RAH concert MK was very happy, relaxed, in good mood and playing very very well, with the usual number of mistakes playing here and there, but this concert was like many others I've seen from him, I mean, played very well, as the great master he is. The band was exceptional, and the songs had developed since that firsts concerts with new arrangements that were quite nice.

The best when at the Royal Albert Hall is when you cross at the corridors with famous people attending the Mk concert. The first one was Hal Lindes, who was very surprised and happy whenI recognized him and asked him for a picture. He asked me if I already saw MK in this tour and if I liked it, I told him that yes, I liked it and he asked me again, even My Bacon Roll? and I answered that actually, the live arrangements of that song are quite great. He introduced me to a woman that was with him, which is an artist he's working with nowadays. He was very kind and funny. I'm so happy I got to meet him personally!

After that, I saw Brian Johnson, I tried to stop him to have a photo with him, but he refused, actually in a very good way, he was very kind but apparently he doesn't want to had photos taken, I don't know why. He repeated varios times that today was MK day, not his day, but always being very kind, shaking hands and hugging...

After that, looking for the toilets, I saw again Brian going into his box with Bill Wyman! and seconds after John Illsley arrived with Paul Cummins and some other friends and entered to the box just next to Brian Johnson and Bill Wyman.

I just say HI! to John and "See you in Valencia at the end of the year, I just bought tickets for the concert" and he answered "Are that Spanish tickets on sale already?" and left for my seat. I noticed that from my seat I had not only a great view of the stage but also I could see very well that boxes with John, Brian, Bill and even the one where MK family was!

I had planned to in a certain way say good bye to the RAH itself, like when the Pope arrives to wherever and kiss the floor but in the end I decided not too, as I hope it's not the last time and MK would keep playing there in the future some one offs concerts instead of touring.

Was also very nice to see again some of you even briefly, like Ingrid, Stefan, Marijn, Nelly, Pottel, who didn't recognize me at all  and some others from amit whose names now I can't remember. Hope to see you again in the future at the same place!
Missed you so much, but I had to leave the royal to go to the airport. Will meet again, sure.

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Re: #19 DTRW TOUR - May 22 2019 - Royal Albert Hall, London, UK #SPOILER#
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2019, 04:11:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/kWEp6ibgUZc?t=302

Who is that dude?  8)

;D ;D ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »

Who is that dude?  8)

;D ;D ;D

Someone that read very carefully!

What do you mean with that? Don't understand

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »

Who is that dude?  8)

;D ;D ;D

Someone that read very carefully!

What do you mean with that? Don't understand

Pretty sure it's a reference to the monitor in front of you with the lyrics on it.

Keep rockin'!  8)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2019, 01:00:15 PM »
But i didn't look at the monitor  ::)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 36 queries.