Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #29 DTRW TOUR - June 12 2019 - Scandinavium, Gothenburg, Sweden #SPOILER#  (Read 13903 times)

Love Expresso

Ah ok thank you. You guys are really still listen to the streams every night? Wow. It's the same sh.. every night isn't it? Couldn't bother. You really deserve a medal for being the best and most loyal fans in the world.  :clap

LE

Yeah, we're at the part of "Auto-stop thing, shit band in the snow ..."   ;D

Matchstick Man? Is he really using that term shit band?

LE

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Ah ok thank you. You guys are really still listen to the streams every night? Wow. It's the same sh.. every night isn't it? Couldn't bother. You really deserve a medal for being the best and most loyal fans in the world.  :clap

LE

LE

Oh yeah and even said it in German I guess "Scheiß-Band"  ;D
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

hunter

I've got a feeling that today Mark is so tired that they'll play a very short set, with Your Latest Trick as the encore. Then straight to bed. :D

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
I've got a feeling that today Mark is so tired that they'll play a very short set, with Your Latest Trick as the encore. Then straight to bed. :D

They are done I think since they started 19.30 already..

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Great concert! Same set than yesterday if my memory still works :)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

LE

Can't agree with the sh#t word in your comment. MK music is never that my friend!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Just back from tonight's gig.

Extremely happy to hear this fresh setlist even though it is carved in stone. I actually thought I would care about that, but no. It was a real pleasure to finally be free of the Marbletown and So far away shackles. Not the best gig I've seen. But I myself was better too at most things ten years ago.  :)

Is it the best I've seen from a 70 year old? Hell yes.

I'm very fortunate to have one more gig to attend.

From people I know that was in Stockholm I heard that Gothenburg was better than Stockholm in terms of everything really.

Tonight's big thing was that MK held a speech where he said he first thought of retiring but being out playing makes him feel better/happy. "So I might as well go on until I fall over. *flips forearm forward *"

So the exact opposite to retirement speech. Very interesting.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:22:50 AM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

hunter

Tonight's big thing was that MK held a speech where he said he first thought of retiring but being out playing makes him feel better/happy. "So I might as well go on until I fall over. *flips forearm forward *"

From a Rolling Stone interview in 1985: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mark-knopfler-fearless-leader-126242/

"Do you have any idea what you’ll be doing twenty years from now?

I’ll be in clubs, playing. I’ll fall over onstage, dead, someday. I’d like to work on a smaller scale again, play some small clubs."

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Great interview. Thanks hunter:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

LE

LE

About which band is he talking then? Not about early DS right? Long before that?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer

From a Rolling Stone interview in 1985: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/mark-knopfler-fearless-leader-126242/

I’ll be in clubs, playing. I’ll fall over onstage, dead, someday. I’d like to work on a smaller scale again, play some small clubs."

At about 17:18 he talks about this too

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
Cool! Very good interview

hunter

At about 17:18 he talks about this too

This is a great interview that I've watched several times. I love his Dylan impersonation at about 10:25.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

Funny, in more than 20 years from that interview he still is playing bigger and bigger arenas ...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Does anyone actually think he should do another tour?  I recognise we all want him to go on forever but realistically we want a great show with some guitar playing in it.  I think he should call it a day now because while the shows are generally well played they don't actually contain much in the way of guitar playing and are at a snail's pace.  He can't just want to keep going because he's raking in money and meeting up with old pals to play music.  Sorry to be blunt about it.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 46 queries.