Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #33 DTRW TOUR - June 19 2019 - Halle Tony Garnier, Lyon, France #SPOILER#  (Read 12448 times)

hunter

Can someone start a new thread whenever there will be a setlist surprise?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:56:34 PM by hunter »

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
after 33 concerts,IMO will not change anything, but sure hope, hope  :think

Offlinetngemini

• Guitar George
Hi there ! My gig number 7... always fresh with different licks and a new one for me : Piper ! A very powerful Money For Nothing ... A great evening ! 🎸😎

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

On tracker tour, the first change, "your latest trick" happened at concert 35 or 36...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer

On tracker tour, the first change, "your latest trick" happened at concert 35 or 36...
like I say hope, hope......but in previous tour there were much too songs that were played, remember used to could.kingdom.laughsjokes.shangri and others in this time I see a granitic set that not me thinking about a change or add a new one. I hope to wrong, sure, but is a very big surprise liusten what it is or back dancefloor now :think

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Complete, full-length Speedway in Lyon on YouTube.  Unremarkable enough but he must be playing the cut-down ones now when he's in a lazy mood or just not up to it.  :-\

Mind you, he was lazy enough to play Piper instead of BIA!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 03:23:05 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
Complete, full-length Speedway in Lyon on YouTube.  Unremarkable enough but he must be playing the cut-down ones now when he's in a lazy mood or just not up to it.  :-\

I agree

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

Sarcastic comment.

BIA has been played in Paris and obviously Mark wasn't comfortable with it.

The time of the guitar hero is over.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Sarcastic comment.

BIA has been played in Paris and obviously Mark wasn't comfortable with it.

The time of the guitar hero is over.

Wasn't really sarcastic but my thoughts.  Why do you think he has started to play shorter versions at some shows and full-length versions at others?

Also, what makes you think he wasn't comfortable with BIA?  He has dropped it before for Piper only to play it a few shows later.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado

It’s unfair to be harsh like this on Mark... Come on, the guy is almost 70, he’s played thousand gigs over the past 40 years, made us dream with his songs, melodies and his unique guitar playing... and he’s still here, playing in front of us for our pleasure, somewhat selfish. What will WE do when we are 70? Certainly not what Mark has chosen to do, because playing in front of us is his choice. He could well be in his sofa, counting his guitars, counting his money and telling his grand children how great it was to play for the Live Aid or how he messed up Sultans in Koln in 1979... and had to play it twice the same night!

Of course everything is not exactly what I would like it to be ; I too would like to hear songs live that will never ever be played. Also, we shall not forget that we are completely spoiled by the internet with the YT videos, the live setlists etc.

Let’s go back to, let’s say 1996. At that time, no internet and no bloody social networks and shit stuff like that. So, back in 1996 the setlist was pretty static already. When I went to the gig in July that year, the tour was nearing to its end. I had NO idea what they would play and the concert was a moment that I will never forget.

Yesterday, I went to the concert knowing the setlist by heart and, even worse maybe, I knew the versions by heart with YT etc. We ended the concert front row right in front of our man and his band. Watching and listening to our hero so closely for what could be my last MK concert ever, I can tell that it will also be a night that I will remember for the rest of my life.

I read in another thread that it would be a tour not to be measured but to be treasured and it is so true. When it’s all over for good, what will remain except our memories?

We should consider it, go the the concerts if we can and cherish every single minute. That is what I tried to do yesterday. The sound was clear, the atmosphere was great and the whole show was well played (and Danny was here  8) ).

We should thank Mark and band for this. It’ll be over too soon.

And Piper was great by the way !  ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:33:48 PM by NicoMK »

Offlineneco

• Camerado

It’s unfair to be harsh like this on Mark... Come on, the guy is almost 70, he’s played thousand gigs over the past 40 years, made us dream with his songs, melodies and his unique guitar playing... and he’s still here, playing in front of us for our pleasure, somewhat selfish. What will WE do when we are 70? Certainly not what Mark has chosen to do, because playing in front of us is his choice. He could well be in his sofa, counting his guitars, counting his money and telling his grand children how great it was to play for the Live Aid or how he messed up Sultans in Koln in 1979... and had to play it twice the same night!

Of course everything is not exactly what I would like it to be ; I too would like to hear songs live that will never ever be played. Also, we shall not forget that we are completely spoiled by the internet with the YT videos, the live setlists etc.

Let’s go back to, let’s say 1996. At that time, no internet and no bloody social networks and shit stuff like that. So, back in 1996 the setlist was pretty static already. When I went to the gig in July that year, the tour was nearing to its end. I had NO idea what they would play and the concert was a moment that I will never forget.

Yesterday, I went to the concert knowing the setlist by heart and, even worse maybe, I knew the versions by heart with YT etc. We ended the concert front row right in front of our man and his band. Watching and listening to our hero so closely for what could be my last MK concert ever, I can tell that it will also be a night that I will remember for the rest of my life.

I read in another thread that it would be a tour not to be measured but to be treasured and it is so true. When it’s all over for good, what will remain except our memories?

We should consider it, go the the concerts if we can and cherish every single minute. That is what I tried to do yesterday. The sound was clear, the atmosphere was great and the whole show was well played (and Danny was here  8) ).

We should thank Mark and band for this. I’ll be over too soon.

And Piper was great by the way !  ;)

:clap

OnlineSamGolden

• Camerado
    • Dire Straits and Mark KNopfler Artwork
 :wave That's all i think. Since 1982 until now, memories and music road .Thanks for the Show at Lyon, human warm and smiles. A Great evening indeed Nico.
 :clap

OfflineMa

• Guitar George

Hi,
Your comments are equally statics as Mark’s setlist.
I’ve been to 6 shows and never heard a boo or whatever could be a sign of weariness from the audience. Cheers i’ve
No offense but why do you keep criticizing something that has never and will never change?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
No offence to those criticising me (I can take it) but I am getting the feeling you are not entirely satisfied yourselves.  Perhaps it is difficult to face up to reality or maybe you just didn’t rate him as highly as I did in the first place. I don’t know.

This I can deduce from extracts in your arguments against me whereby you kill your own arguments stone dead.

“Of course everything is not exactly what I would like it to be ; I too would like to hear songs live that will never ever be played.”

“Your comments are equally statics as Mark’s setlist.”

Doesn’t sound like fully satisfied fans coming home from a show to me. 

If Mark plays a full-length Speedway one night and a cut-down version the next night then it’s just a half-arsed performance in my book, and I think I have the right to say it.

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
No offence to those criticising me (I can take it) but I am getting the feeling you are not entirely satisfied yourselves.  Perhaps it is difficult to face up to reality or maybe you just didn’t rate him as highly as I did in the first place. I don’t know.

This I can deduce from extracts in your arguments against me whereby you kill your own arguments stone dead.

“Of course everything is not exactly what I would like it to be ; I too would like to hear songs live that will never ever be played.”

“Your comments are equally statics as Mark’s setlist.”

Doesn’t sound like fully satisfied fans coming home from a show to me. 

If Mark plays a full-length Speedway one night and a cut-down version the next night then it’s just a half-arsed performance in my book, and I think I have the right to say it.

Having seen several shows on this tour I think the live set is as good as its ever been. The songs speak to me and I've found new depths in marks live music this time round that have been absent for me for a while.

Its funny how people can watch exactly the same thing and have such wildly differing reactions, and as I'm sure you know I respect your opinions dmg. Its not necessarily you but sometimes some of the critical language goes a bit far for my taste, mark is not lazy, he is not just winging it for the cash (as I've heard on here in recent months). He's genuinely trying to make this final big tour as good as it can be, and whatever we think of the outcomes (after all there have been some major musical blunders this time round as well) we should all at least respect that...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 40 queries.