Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #40 DTRW TOUR - June 29 2019 - Arena Stožice, Ljubljana, Slovenia #SPOILER#  (Read 12325 times)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Yes of course, i only have to look at my flash on my cellphone to see how bright they really are, not something your eyes are happy about...

I filmed a lot at the concert I attended, with no light... I noticed Mark was looking towards me at some time but didn't say anything, quite cool when it seems like he's looking into the camera during the last part of Going Home :thumbsup

I can't remember last tour had this many moments where Mark ask people to turn off light.. of course I understand him, the sad thing is it's in the recordings, but we can only blame ourselves.. i mean the ones who don't think before they press record  :disbelief

I am always wondering why would someone record.. Just, why? The video will be on youtube regardless, your footage will be the same bad quality as others, you are wasting your moment with MK by not enjoying it to the fullest. Seriously, why bother filming? If you want to impress your friends just show them a youtube video. Don't want to be rude but people like you are really killing the vibe.

Ok, first of all... From the front rows with good gear, it's not crap quality.. second, i watched the concert looking directly to the stage, not through the camera... Just held it next to me. And I had a great time taking in all impressions.

But yes people who are really LOOKING through the screen for 2 hours, what can I say...

As long as people understand and respect the flash off thing, I think it's really nice that we get all these tour footage since we most likely won't see any official Live DVD/Bluray release .. :thumbsdown

Offlineprimi

• Camerado
It was a pretty good show. That flash thing during opener didn't really put him off much, he seemed in a very good move throughout.

I was worried for a second at some point, when he stayed too far away from his microphone and then missed the proper moment to start walking towards it before the lyrics started. I thought "oh dear" but he managed  :clap

And the sound of distorted guitar on MfN seemed pretty good, would never have guessed it was "just" a Kemper. Perhaps, if he played 3 different setups back to back, I'd prefer one over the others. But as it was, it was a proper sound for the song and he played it well. And the audience loved it.

Offlinerelaxcoustic

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Yes of course, i only have to look at my flash on my cellphone to see how bright they really are, not something your eyes are happy about...

I filmed a lot at the concert I attended, with no light... I noticed Mark was looking towards me at some time but didn't say anything, quite cool when it seems like he's looking into the camera during the last part of Going Home :thumbsup

I can't remember last tour had this many moments where Mark ask people to turn off light.. of course I understand him, the sad thing is it's in the recordings, but we can only blame ourselves.. i mean the ones who don't think before they press record  :disbelief

I am always wondering why would someone record.. Just, why? The video will be on youtube regardless, your footage will be the same bad quality as others, you are wasting your moment with MK by not enjoying it to the fullest. Seriously, why bother filming? If you want to impress your friends just show them a youtube video. Don't want to be rude but people like you are really killing the vibe.

Ok, first of all... From the front rows with good gear, it's not crap quality.. second, i watched the concert looking directly to the stage, not through the camera... Just held it next to me. And I had a great time taking in all impressions.

But yes people who are really LOOKING through the screen for 2 hours, what can I say...

As long as people understand and respect the flash off thing, I think it's really nice that we get all these tour footage since we most likely won't see any official Live DVD/Bluray release .. :thumbsdown

Fair points, sorry. I had a few old nannys in front of me filming almost everything, I was annoyed.

Anyways, does someone have a video when the crowd started running and gathering in front of Mark?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

It's just a case of using your 'common savvy' and respecting others around you as well as the band. I was lucky being very close to the stage so I could respectfully film....
I filmed 5x videos at Leeds and yes they are uploaded on YT and they are very much loved!

For me it's not impressing friends but helping to preserve some MK history for myself and others...

I'm convinced the band know regular genuine faces in the first few rows too!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineShai

• Camerado
Mark's response was very impressive; he kept his cool and was patient. Not like in Toronto 2008 - I was in the front row with my wife (her first front row experience), and towards the end of the first song, Cannibals, I believe, he pointed to the right side of the amphitheater, and was visibly angry with the flash. I am sad to say, that this ruined the entire rest of the concert, in that Mark was never himself from that point forward. I even sent an email to Guy to express my frustration, bring that we flew from New York just for the show.
As I expected, he never responded:)

It was especially disappointing since in 2005, I had front row center in NJ, and Mark and I communicated a number of times during the show, which to this day make it the best MK experience I had since meeting and talking to him after his David Letterman appearance (in 2003 I think, before his motorcycle accident) !

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

This is so great. I LOVE Danny singing!! One of the best I've heard!!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
That's great indeed. Great duet.

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
I like this a lot!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/29th-june-2019-ljubljana/

So they're taking public transport to the gigs now?  I'm just glad they made this decision after the Glasgow gig!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

So they're taking public transport to the gigs now?  I'm just glad they made this decision after the Glasgow gig!

MK looks quite happy and relaxed on there!!! Love the Irish bar photos!!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time

unless you are one of the "professionals" who take a decent video camera and do not disturb people around them, preferably creating multicams as well. all the rest indeed, is crap par excellence...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo

Surely that is the transport to the plane or terminal?
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Surely that is the transport to the plane or terminal?

I thought so too!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.