Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #41 DTRW TOUR - July 01 2019 - König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen, Germany #SPOIL  (Read 14340 times)

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
Great sound today, talks about playing til he goes down!
If i am correct he sayd that also in Amsterdam but i think he has to say this from his management because i think they weren’t happy that he say that this was his last tour

Ha, if he doesn't want to say anything he doesn't and if he wants he does.

Exactly.   Management works for Mark, not the other way around!   HE says what HE wants.  Management can either like it, or if not, he can find other management to represent him!

If you really think that's the case you really don't know what a manager's job is in the music industry.

That would applied to Ed Bicknell when he managed DS and MK, but the way PCM manage MK is very different.

Bicknell had to impulse the DS and MK career. And MK got tired of that, so he fired Bicknell and got a manager to manage what MK wants to do.

And that was the absolutely right decision. Why would MK want to accept a manager that does not do what he wants? It is his life, his career, his music...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Great sound today, talks about playing til he goes down!
If i am correct he sayd that also in Amsterdam but i think he has to say this from his management because i think they weren’t happy that he say that this was his last tour

Ha, if he doesn't want to say anything he doesn't and if he wants he does.

Exactly.   Management works for Mark, not the other way around!   HE says what HE wants.  Management can either like it, or if not, he can find other management to represent him!

If you really think that's the case you really don't know what a manager's job is in the music industry.

That would applied to Ed Bicknell when he managed DS and MK, but the way PCM manage MK is very different.

Bicknell had to impulse the DS and MK career. And MK got tired of that, so he fired Bicknell and got a manager to manage what MK wants to do.

And that was the absolutely right decision. Why would MK want to accept a manager that does not do what he wants? It is his life, his career, his music...

The answer is more complicated than that.

You need a manager that tells you what to do when you want to achieve something. For example, when MK wanted to be succesful with DS. He needed a manager that would tell him what to do.

When he was rich and all what he wanted is have a solo career in which he wouldn't have to care about achieve success, because he really got it already, he wanted a manager that just works for him and do what he wants, in other words, someone to take care of everything he doesn't wants to do himself.

Bicknell was the one helping the band to success. Crockford is the one doing the tiring and boring work for MK. Two different kinds of managements for very different needs.

If MK would had wanted to achieve an even bigger success, and fill stadiums instead of arenas, and send more records, be aired in all radios around the world, he would had needed a manager that tells him what to do.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
coming back to the show, i was happy to be there, relaxed band, as was mentioned, some technical issues for RB during the start of paraguay, VERY loud performance (especially when standing in front of the speaker after the running of the bulls, lol, from row 11 to row 1, nice one) was my fourth and last of the tour, and happy to have been there. think the band was too.
a bit more german words, and a chatty mark.
i recorded and streamed (which gave me some, but not too much, extra stress), recording to go out soon, always nice to make combinations of sounboards with audience recordings.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
coming back to the show, i was happy to be there, relaxed band, as was mentioned, some technical issues for RB during the start of paraguay, VERY loud performance (especially when standing in front of the speaker after the running of the bulls, lol, from row 11 to row 1, nice one) was my fourth and last of the tour, and happy to have been there. think the band was too.
i recorded and streamed (which gave me some, but not too much, extra stress), recording to go out soon, always nice to make combinations of sounboards with audience recordings.

what do you think about the MK and Danny duet in stp?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time

That was ....weird...love the way Danny sounds when he talks, but it sounds strange when he sings. Interesting novelty though

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

That was ....weird...love the way Danny sounds when he talks, but it sounds strange when he sings. Interesting novelty though

Anyone remember the William Topely versions from 2001?  I think Danny tries to sound like him.  Of course Topely has a much better voice.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time

Anyone remember the William Topely versions from 2001?  I think Danny tries to sound like him.  Of course Topely has a much better voice.
excactly what i was thinking!!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
the only thing i found dissapointing was the audience, not really interacting, only some decent clapping and shouting between songs.

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
I disagree here.
The audience was a good one for a german audience.
I was in Cologne and normally they have the best audiences in whole germany but they were very lame.
Yesterday the were quite good and loud.  maybe it depends on where you are sitting. I was Block 5 Row 1. So more in the middle. I had a better overview of the whole show and also the audience.

Standing ovations at the Start of WAM. Never saw that before.
Bulls at the end of OES

Set and playing was a bit better in Cologne. Audience in Oberhausen was better.

Mannheim on saturday
Love will find a Way

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
I disagree here.
The audience was a good one for a german audience.
I was in Cologne and normally they have the best audiences in whole germany but they were very lame.
Yesterday the were quite good and loud.  maybe it depends on where you are sitting. I was Block 5 Row 1. So more in the middle. I had a better overview of the whole show and also the audience.

Standing ovations at the Start of WAM. Never saw that before.
Bulls at the end of OES

Set and playing was a bit better in Cologne. Audience in Oberhausen was better.

Mannheim on saturday
You are right about the standing ovation in the beginning.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Here are some Oberhausen-Shots, for the good memories by myself from third row.
The Venue, the Bus and Truck-Area, Mark, Guy, The Band and Iantos Drum-Set.
We are fools to make war

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Again a few shots from the great Oberhausen-Show.
We are fools to make war

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
that was a great show indeed. welcome on AMIT Klaus!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
When you look at the 2019 MK and then you look at the 2015 MK, from the previous tour, it looks like had passed about 20 years between them instead of just 4...

It's like he has aged a lot suddenly.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 36 queries.