Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #42 DTRW TOUR - July 02 2019 - Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle, Stuttgart, Germany  (Read 10721 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
to my ears there is a terrible mish-mash going on in the background.  It's almost like a battlefield!

In my opinion the band plays it right, and Mark is lost.

That said, even though it's great fun to have a lot going on on stage, I feel there's too much going on. The more musicians you have in the band, the less they must play avoid cacophony, and I don't think they gel all that well together.

What I noticed on further listenings was the cacophony in the background!   Far too many musicians in this band, all playing at the same time and not necessarily in the right order!  ;D   Less is more and not every musician is necessary on every song.   MK was playing fine, until the last minute or so when everyone in the band joined in.   I wonder if they are having in-ear problems?   
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 11:20:59 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
and it is the worst at the end of bacon roll, in my opinion (in general, not the stuttgart show)
but all i can say of this tour is that, no, he does indeed no longer play the fiddly bits like he used to, but besides the occasional greenie (some nights more, some nights none) i think he is really progressing as the tour continues.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
to my ears there is a terrible mish-mash going on in the background.  It's almost like a battlefield!

That said, even though it's great fun to have a lot going on on stage, I feel there's too much going on. The more musicians you have in the band, the less they must play avoid cacophony, and I don't think they gel all that well together.

What I noticed on further listenings was the cacophony in the background!   Far too many musicians in this band, all playing at the same time and not necessarily in the right order!  ;D   Less is more and not every musician is necessary on every song.   MK was playing fine, until the last minute or so when everyone in the band joined in.   I wonder if they are having in-ear problems?

I recall thinking, during Speedway at the Antwerpen show, that it was an absolute mess, everyone playing loud at the same time at their own, it was in a way the worst Speedway I listened in my whole life, and at the same time the most interesting because despite the mess, it was something great!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

I recall thinking, during Speedway at the Antwerpen show, that it was an absolute mess, everyone playing loud at the same time at their own, it was in a way the worst Speedway I listened in my whole life, and at the same time the most interesting because despite the mess, it was something great!

I like it, jbaent!    :lol
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Guy wrote in a recent diary post that they had in-ear issues, it was either Stuttgart or Oberhausen.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Guy wrote in a recent diary post that they had in-ear issues, it was either Stuttgart or Oberhausen.

Yes, it was in the Oberhausen diary.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
I agree there are to many musicians playing together at times, and things get cluttered, but it can work, like when we had all the Irish musicians for A Night in London. But compare that to just Mark playing acoustic guitar on Matchstick Man.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
SAN sounds a bit "out of tune" at the end, but that's more like "shit happens" in my book rather than a sign that says he can't play anymore. Like, you derail the solo and struggle to get it back on track. Is that unheard of from musicians? I don't play myself, so I don't know. Just a wild guess.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.