Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Breaking News Thread  (Read 86840 times)

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
Re: The Breaking News Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »
Do we have any info about the henrick hansson project? Is this stil happening and was he present at this tour like he was during the tracker tour?

I believe at one point Guy said in his Q&A-forum that Henrik Hanson wasn't present on this current tour and he has no knowledge as to the current state of the project.
Hey, don't forget your hat.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2019, 01:30:58 PM »
Do we have any info about the henrick hansson project? Is this stil happening and was he present at this tour like he was during the tracker tour?

I believe at one point Guy said in his Q&A-forum that Henrik Hanson wasn't present on this current tour and he has no knowledge as to the current state of the project.

I guess that the Henrik Hansen dvd will be in the same drawer than Madrid 2001, Shepperd Bush 2002 or BBC 2013...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2019, 01:36:21 PM »

I guess that the Henrik Hansen dvd will be in the same drawer than Madrid 2001, Shepperd Bush 2002 or BBC 2013...
BBC 2013? What did I miss?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »

BBC 2013? What did I miss?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

This:

https://guyfletcher.co.uk/2013mkeuro_23rd_may_2013_-_tv_special_recording/

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2019, 07:22:49 PM »
He has not forbidden to film, but to use flashlight!

Photography & Recording Policy

Official Policy Statement

Updated: 11th April 2019

Please note that Mark Knopfler has no objection to fans bringing into the show cameras and mobile phones, providing such photographs / recordings are for private use only and these activities do not interfere with the enjoyment of other fans.

i) Cameras – Fans can take photos of the show on personal cameras, including digital cameras, provided it is for personal use and non-professional purposes. Any cameras with removable lenses are not permitted.

ii) Audio recording – This is permitted. Small personal recording devices are permitted to tape the show, providing it is for their own personal use and non-commercial purposes.

iii) Video cameras and tablets (such as iPads) – ARE NOT allowed under any circumstances.

The use of mobile devices during the performance, including mobile phones, has become a major irritation for fans and a distraction for Mark and the band. We don’t want to restrict your enjoyment at the shows but please respect Mark’s request and resist the temptation to use these during the shows.

Paul Crockford
PCM (11/04/19)
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »
Assuming MK will take a break when this tour is over untill next year any rumours on what he will do in 2020?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2019, 03:20:30 PM »
Assuming MK will take a break when this tour is over untill next year any rumours on what he will do in 2020?

Working on another album would be nice, and release Back in the Day on that... Have Guy or someone explained why it was withdrawn from DTRW?

Dream thinking would be new tour in 2021... We had 2 tours 2013-2015 so 2019-2021 is not impossible, but I doubt that it will happen considering how Mark has aged since last tour.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2019, 03:48:07 PM »

Record the cd for the Local hero musical and work in the adaptation of it for the London representations.

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:11 PM »

Working on another album would be nice, and release Back in the Day on that... Have Guy or someone explained why it was withdrawn from DTRW?

Dream thinking would be new tour in 2021... We had 2 tours 2013-2015 so 2019-2021 is not impossible, but I doubt that it will happen considering how Mark has aged since last tour.

At the beginning of the tour I thought that would be impossible. I was worried about his well-being (still a bit) but last week he was on fire, sometimes playing better than the last few tours and it seems he's having fun! My dream scenario would be another tour in 2020 without a new record, he can make those after the tour ;D  Let the circus continue rolling with maybe another two or three OUATITW-like surprises. Of course this his highly unlikely but I just won't think about this week being the end of the big shows.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2019, 08:21:54 AM »
Some really breaking news.

A MK interview in CBS tomorrow.

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2019, 10:00:51 AM »
If I am right, this is today at 5 pm( german time).

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »
I hope to be able to see it online.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live/

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2019, 01:13:58 PM »

At the beginning of the tour I thought that would be impossible. I was worried about his well-being (still a bit) but last week he was on fire, sometimes playing better than the last few tours and it seems he's having fun! My dream scenario would be another tour in 2020 without a new record, he can make those after the tour ;D  Let the circus continue rolling with maybe another two or three OUATITW-like surprises. Of course this his highly unlikely but I just won't think about this week being the end of the big shows.

I too was concerned about whether he would reach the end, however he is playing much better than at the start.  Regarding any future touring possibility however one must bear in mind that the setlist has been tuned to accommodate his current ability and come next time he will be in his mid 70s...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »
That's quite interesting. The interview is from the Tracker tour if you look closely you see amps and the bass drum with the Tracker album cover. And they are using film from I think the Antwerp concert THIS tour. So it is 100% sure there is for sure 1 recording available from this tour already, in video I suppose!!!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 38 queries.