Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Breaking News Thread  (Read 86842 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: The Breaking News Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »
It's not from Antwerpen but London o2. Look at the cannera in the head of the guitar. That only happened there.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »
Ah, I see it now. Thx
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2019, 09:01:18 AM »
I've been in all (except the BBC one) concerts recorded on video of the MK solo career that never were released, except the one of London O2 this year, that can be seen in the CBS report...

I have the feeling that it might be a change they release it, LOL

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2019, 09:31:06 AM »
Me too! Hope so.... But with MK when you hope it's not going to happen  ;D ;D ;D Anyhow would be great to see a proper video this time. These snippets look great.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2019, 09:33:20 AM »
Me too! Hope so.... But with MK when you hope it's not going to happen  ;D ;D ;D Anyhow would be great to see a proper video this time. These snippets look great.

Don't forget that they recorded at least three concerts (maybe four) from the Tracker tour, by Henrik Hansen, and except the bits included in the "Good on you son" video clip, the material lies on a drawer... or a closet  :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2019, 09:44:27 AM »
I checked the O2 London arena diary by Guy and that's what he said:

Our set itself wasn’t without its technical difficulties. At the beginning of the second song, the entire lighting rig failed. It took LD, Tellson James, a few seconds to react and hit Mark with a spot whilst the lighting boys re-patched or rebooted (I suspect the latter) and a couple of minutes later, it returned. It was interesting playing in the darkness for a few minutes. There were also a few rather off-putting crackles emanating from an electric guitar, I suspect from stage left and Richard’s rig. Not sure what happened but considering we’ve done 22 shows and it’s the first instance of such things, we’re not doing too badly.

Looks unlikely they would release a dvd/bluray of a concert where lights went off for some minutes and they had to play in the dark...  :hmm

OfflineJasper90

• Camerado
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2019, 12:04:05 PM »

Our set itself wasn’t without its technical difficulties. At the beginning of the second song, the entire lighting rig failed. It took LD, Tellson James, a few seconds to react and hit Mark with a spot whilst the lighting boys re-patched or rebooted (I suspect the latter) and a couple of minutes later, it returned. It was interesting playing in the darkness for a few minutes. There were also a few rather off-putting crackles emanating from an electric guitar, I suspect from stage left and Richard’s rig. Not sure what happened but considering we’ve done 22 shows and it’s the first instance of such things, we’re not doing too badly.

Looks unlikely they would release a dvd/bluray of a concert where lights went off for some minutes and they had to play in the dark...  :hmm

They could mix it with Antwerp (if they recorded that one as well) or with another concert they recorded. That could work... I was just looking trough some videos from the O2. Also in Romeo Mark asked again somebody to turn the light off... That is also not so nice dvd/blu-ray material I guess :smack :lol :lol

Really hope they would release something like that. But I’m not getting my hopes up again, I believe it when it is in my mailbox :lol
MK Down the Road Wherever tour :
22.05.2019 Royal Albert Hall London, UK
22.06.2019 Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
23.06.2019 Ziggo Dome Amsterdam, Netherlands
03.07.2019 St. Peter at Sunset Kelzenholz, Switzerland

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2019, 12:25:25 PM »

They could mix it with Antwerp (if they recorded that one as well) or with another concert they recorded. That could work... I was just looking trough some videos from the O2. Also in Romeo Mark asked again somebody to turn the light off... That is also not so nice dvd/blu-ray material I guess :smack :lol :lol

Really hope they would release something like that. But I’m not getting my hopes up again, I believe it when it is in my mailbox :lol

Really hope they would release something... :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2019, 12:51:02 PM »

Really hope they would release something... :lol

I believe that's similar to Henrik Hansen thoughts... "I hope they would pay me something, anyway"

LOL

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2019, 01:32:58 PM »

They could mix it with Antwerp (if they recorded that one as well) or with another concert they recorded. That could work... I was just looking trough some videos from the O2. Also in Romeo Mark asked again somebody to turn the light off... That is also not so nice dvd/blu-ray material I guess :smack

Really hope they would release something like that. But I’m not getting my hopes up again, I believe it when it is in my mailbox
Antwerp was a good show after all...

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2019, 06:34:54 PM »
The last few shows have been outstanding performances and would've made for a fine DVD, although missing the killer songs.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2019, 06:42:19 PM »
The last few shows have been outstanding performances and would've made for a fine DVD, although missing the killer songs.

On The Night 2.0
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2019, 06:47:21 PM »

On The Night 2.0

:lol :lol

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2019, 07:08:57 PM »
There were screens last night too

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 39 queries.