Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #48 DTRW TOUR - July 10 2019 - Tauron Arena Kraków, Kraków, Poland #SPOILER#  (Read 7776 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I would prohibit taking phones on the shows, like it's prohibited to take water bottles on planes. If you bring one, no luck, throw it in the bin.

Smartphones really ruins the whole thing to me, more than coughing, beer, etc., it's like messaging in Facebook with your woman in bed.

So whatever Mark is doing to scold those bastards is OK with me since I hate it too with my whole heart. You can't just ignore this nonsense.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
Steve Lukather once warned somebody a couple of times who was front row the full show filminpg and at one point he stopped the show and took off the camera from that Guy.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
And don't forget what Roger Waters did in Montreal 6th July 1977 In light of that, Mark is not so bad. Anyway it's Mark's show, so if he has a policy about certain things, people should respect that.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineChase

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Absolutely amazing concert. During PFP fans run towards front row. Before security reacted, a lot of people got their way closer to the stage. Shortly after that all people on the floor were standing. According to Guy's journal, he and other band members really appreciated that. However it didn't impress Mark enough, because there were no surprises. I was hoping for BiA or SFA, which I really wanted to hear.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
no one of us knows what it is like to stand there, on stage in front of a gazillion lights, mobile phones recording and idiots with flashes, so there may simply be an understandable cause to his reaction
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedvschend

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Mark's reaction ain't that bad, try this guy  ;D

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
It's 2019, people carry electronics everywhere. Mark is 70, not 270 years old, and surely there are more "up to date" people around him to explain that this battle is long lost. Most people who film are probably not aware of their lights being a problem, and a GENTLE REMINDER works alot better than calling for security or being grumpy and point fingers everywhere. Also from a show perspective, it is just embarrassing if an artist gets pissed off at this kind of behaviour to the point where they're visibly angry while on stage. If the guy is front row, why not approach him, make a funny face in his camera, and whisper "dude that flash makes it hard to focus on playing the songs, please turn it down".

If that doesn't help, sunglasses indoors?

Honestly, if I paid 100 Euros for a show and half of it was spoiled because of interruptions from nonsense like "oh noes, someone filmed on third row", I'd be done seeing that artist live. I pay for the performance, not grumpy noises from center stage, and non-vital security interactions.

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
When the comedian Chris Rock had a show in Norway in 2017, in Oslo Spectrum, the same arena Mark played in this June, they used a system called Yondr, where every person in the audience had to lock there phones away in some sort of a bag, which they were unable to open inside of the venue. I bit of hassle, I suppose, but smart. I would gladly use one at a concert if it meant that everyone else in the audience would focus on the show too, and not see they´re favorite song through the screen (which is totally meaningless - now and forever...). Should I send it to Crockford?  ;D

https://www.overyondr.com/

It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
When the comedian Chris Rock had a show in Norway in 2017, in Oslo Spectrum, the same arena Mark played in this June, they used a system called Yondr, where every person in the audience had to lock there phones away in some sort of a bag, which they were unable to open inside of the venue. I bit of hassle, I suppose, but smart. I would gladly use one at a concert if it meant that everyone else in the audience would focus on the show too, and not see they´re favorite song through the screen (which is totally meaningless - now and forever...). Should I send it to Crockford?  ;D

https://www.overyondr.com/

This is ingenious... Besides, as the security checks every guest and often every guest are being checked for bracelets and stuff, why not use this brilliant yondr thing? Anyway, this is the future and I'm glad somebody make some steps against this smartphone plague which made live shows a mess.

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
...and then you have those who may have to check their phone for text messages etc. because of work reasons, or perhaps they have kids at home. Would you go to a show and be unreachable if something happened to your children?

But, why fight over it - apparently he's done touring now (on a large scale), so it doesn't matter.

My two cents: if you go to a show and someone holding a camera or a phone in a reasonable manner is a problem, you're not paying attention to what's going on on the stage.

hunter

My two cents: if you go to a show and someone holding a camera or a phone in a reasonable manner is a problem, you're not paying attention to what's going on on the stage.

No, no, no. You have paid a good amount of money to watch a favorite, world-class artist, and having a sea of people in front of you (most of us don't sit very close to the front) holding up bright, big screens just isn't OK. It's extremely distracting.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I've never been distracted by a phone/camera at any show.  On the other hand I have been distracted and missed parts of songs letting people in and out for drinks and the consequent pee breaks.

I also enjoy watching videos on You Tube from the shows.  It's like following the tour every step of the way.  Imagine we couldn't see him play except for the show we attended.  I am assuming everyone supporting Mark has never watched an audience video because if you have it's a bit hypocritical, isn't it?  :)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.