Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #57 DTRW TOUR - July 22 2019 - Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy  (Read 32457 times)

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
Re: #57 DTRW TOUR - July 22 2019 - Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2019, 07:48:49 PM »
Thanks for the tips! :)

if you can't eat there, just go on the bridge  :lol

Busy restaurant then?
Hey, don't forget your hat.

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »
Up to 9 PM there’s always a table for you. Nobody starts thinking about having dinner before 8 PM. Only tourists. ;D Challenge is to find a spot which already opened its kitchen before 8 PM. ;)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2019, 08:51:17 PM »
Thanks for the tips! :)

if you can't eat there, just go on the bridge  :lol

Busy restaurant then?

only few tables on the balcony, must be really lucky
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineisina

• Guitar George
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 07:33:04 PM »
I'll be there too, I've been told that there's a ticket office near Gate 1.  Don't go to the Arena ticket office which is located in a street  behind the arena because that's working just for the Opera Season.
The arena is magnificent, I saw MK & Emmylou Harris there back in 2006, and it's breathtaking. My husband worked there for a few years as background actor in the Operas (he is from Verona) and I saw Aida, Turandot and so  on. Great acoustic too. Romans knew how to entartain people!  ;D

Really looking forward to this show. :-)

Does anyone by chance now where the tickets are supposed to be picked up (where the ticket office is located)?
Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Offlineisina

• Guitar George
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »
For all those searching for restaurants, just stay away from the square of the arena (Piazza Bra). Search in the streets behind.
Tourist tips: Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza dei Signori are worth a stop for sure. Ponte Pietra and Castel San Pietro as someone already stated are amazing too. Via di Sottoriva (nice small restaurants there), beautiful churches: Santa Anastasia, San Zeno, San Giorgio, San Fermo. Best winery: Osteria del Bugiardo (Corso di Porta Borsari) and Osteria Dal Zovo (very near to Osteria del Bugiardo). Amazing Coffee: Caffè Borsari (it's in Corso di Porta Borsari too), stop and see the hundreds of coffee and tea cups in the shop windows.
I can't put a map here, but if you search on Google maps you'll find all the places.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 08:00:42 PM »
For all those searching for restaurants, just stay away from the square of the arena (Piazza Bra). Search in the streets behind.
Tourist tips: Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza dei Signori are worth a stop for sure. Ponte Pietra and Castel San Pietro as someone already stated are amazing too. Via di Sottoriva (nice small restaurants there), beautiful churches: Santa Anastasia, San Zeno, San Giorgio, San Fermo. Best winery: Osteria del Bugiardo (Corso di Porta Borsari) and Osteria Dal Zovo (very near to Osteria del Bugiardo). Amazing Coffee: Caffè Borsari (it's in Corso di Porta Borsari too), stop and see the hundreds of coffee and tea cups in the shop windows.
I can't put a map here, but if you search on Google maps you'll find all the places.

Thanks for the information, Isina, it's nice to see you posting again.  I remember reading your posts back in the days of MK News Forum - I was just a newbie then!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineisina

• Guitar George
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 09:20:51 PM »
Hi there Val, I've seen you'll be in Verona too, hope there'll be the chance to meet! Yes I've been around for a while on MK?s related forums!  ;D

Thanks for the information, Isina, it's nice to see you posting again.  I remember reading your posts back in the days of MK News Forum - I was just a newbie then!   ;D

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 11:52:01 PM »
I'll be there too, I've been told that there's a ticket office near Gate 1.  Don't go to the Arena ticket office which is located in a street  behind the arena because that's working just for the Opera Season.
The arena is magnificent, I saw MK & Emmylou Harris there back in 2006, and it's breathtaking. My husband worked there for a few years as background actor in the Operas (he is from Verona) and I saw Aida, Turandot and so  on. Great acoustic too. Romans knew how to entartain people!  ;D

Really looking forward to this show. :-)

Does anyone by chance now where the tickets are supposed to be picked up (where the ticket office is located)?

I think I know where you mean with regards to the ticket office. Thanks! Arrived in Verona early today and walked past there. Nice to be back here :-) Have been eating in the streets behind the arena indeed.
Hey, don't forget your hat.

OfflineSamGolden

• Camerado
    • Dire Straits and Mark KNopfler Artwork
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 09:22:23 AM »
I'm in the Lago di Garda... Maybe tomorrow or monday i'll go to visit the Verona and the Arena. Thanks for all informations.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »
I am already feeling overwhelmed by this concert possibly being the last MK one I will attend ever
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 04:23:26 PM »
I asked yesterday at the arena. The mark knopfler offices should be in gate 7 and gate 9. And will be opened at 4pm.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »
I am already feeling overwhelmed by this concert possibly being the last MK one I will attend ever

Yep, I know how you feel. I started feeling the same a few weeks ago, short before I attended what could have been my last MK concert ever, and the feeling hasn't left me since. This is why we should cherish every single minute of this tour...

I can't believe it's really over till Mark says it is. So for now, let's hope it's not.

Enjoy the gig, all. Wish I were here.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 08:57:00 PM »
I'm in the Lago di Garda... Maybe tomorrow or monday i'll go to visit the Verona and the Arena. Thanks for all informations.

Enjoy Itaaaaaliaaaaaa SamGolden  8) :) :thumbsup

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2019, 08:33:16 AM »
Thanks for the info.  My plane will arrive at 15:05, then to hotel to drop things, then to the venue.  Really willing to see some of you there.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2019, 10:12:08 AM »
Enjoy the concert guys ,have a awesome time.gutted I can't be with you, but hope too be listening from a far
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 36 queries.