Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Nathan Cavaleri (MK references) on "Australian Story"  (Read 1729 times)

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
Nathan Cavaleri (MK references) on "Australian Story"
« on: August 04, 2020, 12:18:14 AM »
AUSTRALIAN STORY episode NATHAN CAVALERI (MK REFERENCES)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-03/guitarist-nathan-cavaleri-on-life-after-childhood-fame/12438344

http://iview.abc.net.au/show/australian-story

Nathan Cavaleri - Demons (Live Official Film Clip)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:25:47 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:24:43 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Nathan Cavaleri (MK references) on "Australian Story"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 12:37:09 AM »
Nice! Imagine how many great little deeds like that Mark do without everybody knowing. To be honest, I'm not a fan of this thing when celebrities visit severely ill kids, most of which die afterwards, and then it makes its way into news, just makes me very sad. I think on many levels that's not the best idea for both parties. But Nathan made it and now have the awesome story to tell, so here's that.

hunter

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 06:34:49 AM »
What a great story! I had no idea. I've seen the clip with Cavaleri and Mark before, but I didn't know what it was.

Nice! Imagine how many great little deeds like that Mark do without everybody knowing. To be honest, I'm not a fan of this thing when celebrities visit severely ill kids, most of which die afterwards, and then it makes its way into news, just makes me very sad. I think on many levels that's not the best idea for both parties. But Nathan made it and now have the awesome story to tell, so here's that.

Even though some celebrities are cynical and use this to promote themselves, I still think it's a good thing. The sick kids get a little ray of sunshine into their sad existence, even if they die not long after. That's the most important thing.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:40:55 AM by hunter »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »
Even though some celebrities are cynical and use this to promote themselves, I still think it's a good thing. The sick kids get a little ray of sunshine into their sad existence, even if they die not long after. That's the most important thing.

Yes, of course, it's good, it just raises some questions for me. Like, the kid is going to die, and he's a fan, so... Do the fact that you're a kid who is dying justify calling the celebrity over? How many MK fans, possibly kids, died without a visit from the man? Like, thousands and thousands I imagine. But that's me, I'm always complaining lol :lol

And imagine this call to Mark: Hey Mark, there's a kid FROM AUSTRALIA who's going to die, he's a fan of yours, he wants to play with you it's his ultimate dream, please oblige. And Mark be like: nah. The celebrity don't even have a choice that's my point.

What a great story! I had no idea. I've seen the clip with Cavaleri and Mark before, but I didn't know what it was.

I knew the story, but saw the video for the first time and saw the kid for the first time. Turns out he not only was a prodigy and child star but survived that too. Kinda like Joe Bonamassa. Joe also played with B.B. King when he was a kid, wow B.B. really knew where to look for these talented kids!

hunter

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »

Yes, of course, it's good, it just raises some questions for me. Like, the kid is going to die, and he's a fan, so... Do the fact that you're a kid who is dying justify calling the celebrity over? How many MK fans, possibly kids, died without a visit from the man? Like, thousands and thousands I imagine. But that's me, I'm always complaining lol :lol

And imagine this call to Mark: Hey Mark, there's a kid FROM AUSTRALIA who's going to die, he's a fan of yours, he wants to play with you it's his ultimate dream, please oblige. And Mark be like: nah. The celebrity don't even have a choice that's my point.

I think they do actually. First of all, that's a price of being a celebrity. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Secondly, they have a management to deal with these kind of things, and I guess most stars who get these kind of requests would politely turn them down, saying unfortunately this is impossible, but here's a piece of merchandise with the stars autograph, etc.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 11:36:45 PM »
Just listened to the album and it’s fantastic. Really recommend it.

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 05:21:56 AM »

Agree Banjo99uk. Liked it too. At 1st listen you can see BB, MK, Clapton influences throughout. Very solid bluesy album!
Here:-
Track 1 Hug

Track 2 29 Gold Stars

Track 3 Demons

Track 4 chucky

Track 5 Before You Check Out

Track 6 Castles In The Sky

Track 7 Rising Sun

Track 8 Drifter

Track 9 Crush

Track 10 Boho Limousine

The Album:-
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEWksV7exieM5cB_CiryQRA_yUMLZYLS3
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 05:43:41 AM by shangri la 1 »

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:17:51 PM »
Alot of JJ Cale in their too.

hunter

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 12:51:46 PM »

Listening to it now on Tidal. The first couple of tracks are a bit "poppy", but it seems really solid. Looking forward to the rest. Reminds me a bit of Dawes and Blake Mills.

Edit: Oh, yeah, it definitely picks up along the way. Give it chance, folks. My only gripe is his voice. It's a bit too boy-ish for a man who's 38 years old.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 01:10:18 PM by hunter »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 43 queries.