Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #68 DTRW TOUR - Aug 30 2019 - Orpheum Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, United States  (Read 7714 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: #68 DTRW TOUR - Aug 30 2019 - Orpheum Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, United States
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 06:29:47 PM »
I was thinking the other day in spent the fortune that will cost to me to go to the US and attend a MK concert there, just for that few new notes.

When i stop laughing and manage to stand up after laughing on the floor, I decided to better not having crazy ideas.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: #68 DTRW TOUR - Aug 30 2019 - Orpheum Theatre, Minneapolis, MN, United States
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
I was thinking the other day in spent the fortune that will cost to me to go to the US and attend a MK concert there, just for that few new notes.

When i stop laughing and manage to stand up after laughing on the floor, I decided to better not having crazy ideas.

How many new notes are there in different versions of HFOH anyway?  Each version is identical to the point he may as well put on a recording now.  Same for many songs in the set.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 07:21:33 PM »

How many new notes are there in different versions of HFOH anyway?  Each version is identical to the point he may as well put on a recording now.  Same for many songs in the set.

Of course, most people attending the concerts are hearing the set list for the first time, not like us here on AMIT who have heard it sixty times at least!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »

Actually HFOH had two different endings. One during the firsts concerts that was like the one in the record, and the one that finally stays with some piano notes.

But that's so very little that I'm sure many people didn't noted ths difference.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2019, 08:12:45 PM »

Actually HFOH had two different endings. One during the firsts concerts that was like the one in the record, and the one that finally stays with some piano notes.

But that's so very little that I'm sure many people didn't noted ths difference.

I'm talking about from night to night performances, not arrangements.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 38 queries.