Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #70 DTRW TOUR - Sep 01 2019 - Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL, United States  (Read 6845 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
DTRW TOUR 2019 [C 70] USA/Canada leg 13

VENUE & LATEST TICKET INFO
Buy Tickets:- http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/070055530F35AC5B
Clock @ Weather: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/chicago

DIARIES
Guy Fletcher D.T.R.W. tour Diary: http://guyfletcher.co.uk/2019-u-s-tour-diary
Richard Bennett Notes from the Road: https://www.richard-bennett.com/notes-from-the-road

A.M.I.T. HUB
Who’s going where?: https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6400.0
Tickets : sale / exchange / wanted: https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?board=48.0
Pre-concert meetings: https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?board=49.0

PREVIOUS/NEXT MARK KNOPFLER Concert
Previous concert:- https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=7152.0
Next Concert:- https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=7173.0

Buy USB’S of this concert:- https://store.markknopfler.com/down-the-road-wherever-live-2019?utm_source=website&utm_medium=landingpage&utm_campaign=04_25_19&utm_content=dtrw_liveconcerts
29 songs were played on the 2015 tour
22 songs yet played on this tour

SET LIST
Why Aye Man
Corned Beef City
Sailing to Philadelphia
Once Upon a Time in the West
Romeo and Juliet
My Bacon Roll
Matchstick Man
Done With Bonaparte
Heart Full of Holes
Your Latest Trick
Postcards From Paraguay
On Every Street
Speedway at Nazareth
Money for Nothing
Going Home: Theme of the Local Hero
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:23:06 AM by allen »
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
Re: #70 DTRW TOUR - Sep 01 2019 - Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL, United States
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 04:42:28 AM »
Why Aye Man
Corned Beef City
Sailing to Philadelphia
Once Upon a Time in the West
Romeo and Juliet
My Bacon Roll
Matchstick Man
Done With Bonaparte
Heart Full of Holes
Your Latest Trick
Postcards From Paraguay
On Every Street
Speedway at Nazareth
Money for Nothing
Going Home: Theme of the Local Hero

hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:07:18 AM »
Basically only two songs in the set, Once Upon a Time and Speedway, where there is some proper guitar action now. Most other mid-tempo rockers have more or less fixed, repetitive riffs and/or melody lines. The rest is ensemble music. He should have kept at least Brothers in the set. It's not a fast tune, but at least he gets to pour some emotion and fire into his solos on that one.

I admit I have a hard time adjusting to this fact.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:21:51 AM »
Basically only two songs in the set, Once Upon a Time and Speedway, where there is some proper guitar action now. Most other mid-tempo rockers have more or less fixed, repetitive riffs and/or melody lines. The rest is ensemble music. He should have kept at least Brothers in the set. It's not a fast tune, but at least he gets to pour some emotion and fire into his solos on that one.

I agree on BIA. Such an iconic song that he still plays very well this tour, and with it's tempo it can't be too hard for Mark?

Should have been welded into the standard setlist like the other songs that have been performed at every venue...

The sporadic appearing of BIA here and there is what I will be disappointed with, as I did not get it played where I attended. Piper is OK but not near BIA....

Onlineneco

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 10:50:40 AM »
I am ok with BIA not being played every evening.. it kind of remains special in this way (if that makes sense).

Also, i don‘t agree on that there is „guitar action“ on only two songs left. WAM, STP and MFN do also provide some „proper“ guitar work in my opinion

hunter

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 01:56:13 PM »
I am ok with BIA not being played every evening.. it kind of remains special in this way (if that makes sense).

Also, i don‘t agree on that there is „guitar action“ on only two songs left. WAM, STP and MFN do also provide some „proper“ guitar work in my opinion

I respect your right to a different opinion :)

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 12:51:40 AM »
Mark was in a FAR better mood last night than Indianapolis. He smiled, danced, and seemed a little extra flirty with his playing on Speedway for sure. It was refreshing!!!

It was great to catch up with a few old friends, more of that to come on the coasts in the coming weeks!!!

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 05:08:19 AM »

I agree on BIA. Such an iconic song that he still plays very well this tour, and with it's tempo it can't be too hard for Mark?

Should have been welded into the standard setlist like the other songs that have been performed at every venue...

The sporadic appearing of BIA here and there is what I will be disappointed with, as I did not get it played where I attended. Piper is OK but not near BIA....
I believe it has nothing to do with what’s hard or not, but what he wants. And he doesn’t want the same as you obviously. But sad? About lists? ;) And about a song he has played to death? It should almost be refreshing not to hear it. Or read about it, since that’s what’s happening here. But of course, you are right about that Piper is nowhere near BIA. But what song is?

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 10:04:39 AM »
Agree fully, Mossguitar! In less than 3 weeks, all we have are recordings. Think about that for a second everyboody, and appreciate what we have NOW :'( :'(

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 10:11:36 AM »
Agree fully, Mossguitar! In less than 3 weeks, all we have are recordings. Think about that for a second everyboody, and appreciate what we have NOW :'( :'(

:thumbsup    I think about it a lot!    I enjoyed all of my concerts very much and the set list didn't bother me in the least! 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:14:08 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 10:26:47 AM »

WRONG!

This is not the end. IT IS NOT.

There would be more MK concerts in the future. Probably not a tour that big, but we would have the chance to see him playing live for sure.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2019, 11:31:04 AM »
Mark was in a FAR better mood last night than Indianapolis. He smiled, danced, and seemed a little extra flirty with his playing on Speedway for sure. It was refreshing!!!

It was great to catch up with a few old friends, more of that to come on the coasts in the coming weeks!!!

Quite a few videos on YouTube.  Seemed like a good show except for Blaydon Races going way wrong!  I noticed he's back to using the blue Pensa on Bacon Roll too.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2019, 11:58:38 AM »
Just look at some Tracker Tour videos and compare to this tour. Much difference in the way he moves etc.. Privateering/Tracker Tour were similar and a lot has happened to this tour... I was surprised when comparing how he looked 2015 and 2019. Feels like Tracker Tour was a very long time ago.

Another tour, 4-5 years.. Hopefully some EU dates outside GB and hopefully his body is still up for it.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2019, 12:36:59 PM »
Just look at some Tracker Tour videos and compare to this tour. Much difference in the way he moves etc.. Privateering/Tracker Tour were similar and a lot has happened to this tour... I was surprised when comparing how he looked 2015 and 2019. Feels like Tracker Tour was a very long time ago.

Another tour, 4-5 years.. Hopefully some EU dates outside GB and hopefully his body is still up for it.

Hopefully then he records the next album quicker than the last or he'll be in his mid 70s next tour, the show will last about an hour with barely any guitar playing at all and the band will have over a dozen members!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 12:13:50 AM »
Hmmm, not sure... I think he will be back in the studio but to what extent who knows.

I’ve wondered about HFOH being in the set (one track I never expected to hear live - but I’m glad I have) ... “if one of us dies love, I think I’ll retire”
Not saying there’s anything behind this but he played The Boxer at the BBC as a tribute to Paul Simon packing up, and he tends to be pretty cryptic about such things.
Sooo, unpopular as I will be seen, my money is on putting his feet up. Who can blame him - if people were saying I need to keep working at 70+ I’m not sure I’d be ecstatic!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 42 queries.