Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Do we really want another tour?  (Read 23186 times)

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
Re: Do we really want another tour?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
To answer your question: most definitely. Just to be able to see the man and his fabulous band is a treat. No matter if he plays the same stuff again.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 04:15:26 PM »
To answer your question: most definitely. Just to be able to see the man and his fabulous band is a treat. No matter if he plays the same stuff again.

Yep, I agree....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 05:14:28 PM »
I find this question to be a bit like:Would you like to see your deceased sibling/parent/friend again?
A 50% version of MK is most definitely better than nothing.
Once he's gone he's gone and the void would be enormous.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2019, 05:51:40 PM »
And before he started to work in the musical, he had some time off since he finished the Tracker tour.

If there is going to be any new record with a small tour or series of concerts, I think that it depends on the Local Hero Musical. The London run would be on june 2020 and they want to record a cast album for it, depending on his involvement in the London run and the cast record, he would focus on that or in a new record.

Or maybe he does like with last years, working in both at the same time, as the musical, unless they choose new actors, is more or less ready, they only need some rehearsals to remember the play.
He does have his own state of the art studio after all

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2019, 05:54:10 PM »
I find this question to be a bit like:Would you like to see your deceased sibling/parent/friend again?
Agree. I will keep returning to his shows. Even if he only farts on his guitar for two hours straight

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2019, 06:10:39 PM »
Agree. I will keep returning to his shows. Even if he only farts on his guitar for two hours straight

Mark loves boxers and to me a musician is like a boxer — looks too bad if you’re not prepared. I feel physical pain every time I see an old musician who struggle, who can’t sing, etc., come on, have a nerve to stop it or to tone it down at least. It’s like if in his 30s Mark would go on 5 show tour and be like: I want more time to be with my family. A 70 year old embarking on another 86-shows tour feels exactly the same.

That’s why I CAN’T WAIT for what he will offer after this tour. It can’t be a huge world tour again. It just can’t, or else I can’t imagine the amount of negativity it will receive. If he does “an odd show” as he wanted, then I buy it. But another Bonaparte tour... I pass.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »
I want to attend the show first and decide afterwards.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2019, 08:28:13 PM »
As disappointed as I may have been in some of the last tours regarding the setlist and the routine feel I got I'd say yes anytime to a new MK tour.
I gave up on long solos a while ago, the songs are everything now, the new songs and the interplay between the musos.

This man has made his way however he's wanted through all these years, always doing what he wanted, choosing whoever he wanted to play with, playing whatever song he wanted, and ultimately embarking us in his journey. He always says he's not an artist because being an artist is something different but he is an artist because of that, and I want more of that.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 09:30:58 PM »
Of course I want him to continue touring. Great show in København this summer. Can’t wait for the next one. I don’t care about lists or that my hero is getting old. World changes, everything changes. That’s the walk of life.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »
It seems to me a lot of people are wanting Mark to continue playing simply for their own pleasure.  Well of course I would attend any show of his without question but this is hardly the point.  I don't want to see him in any poor condition.  I don't want him to receive poor reviews.  I don't want a setlist where the average attendee will not recognise anything because the songs are so obscure so as to avoid any guitar.  The average attendee and, let's face it most of us (even if we don't admit it) want to hear him play.  It isn't just myself I am considering but everyone at the shows and most important of all the mans' legacy and reputation.  I think this is safe at the moment even though people will question omitting some songs from the set.  Next tour, who knows...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestratocasteph

• Local Hero
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 11:00:07 PM »
The last time I saw Mark was during Privateering tour, as I was already bored by the autopilot set-list, and so sad to see Mark's lead guitar techniques fading away tour after tour.

Maybe an acoustic tour, with a small band, in small venues would be interesting and refreshing, as Mark's rythm guitar is still magic.

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2019, 11:20:02 PM »
It seems to me a lot of people are wanting Mark to continue playing simply for their own pleasure.  Well of course I would attend any show of his without question but this is hardly the point.  I don't want to see him in any poor condition.  I don't want him to receive poor reviews.  I don't want a setlist where the average attendee will not recognise anything because the songs are so obscure so as to avoid any guitar.  The average attendee and, let's face it most of us (even if we don't admit it) want to hear him play.  It isn't just myself I am considering but everyone at the shows and most important of all the mans' legacy and reputation.  I think this is safe at the moment even though people will question omitting some songs from the set.  Next tour, who knows...
It’s of course ok to mean what you mean, but I don’t really understand you at all (and that’s perfectly ok too). ;) But his legacy is his whole production. Nothing can take away that, can it? And why care about what you think others think? Why does that count at all? Why does critics count? It’s not a competition or a poll. What’s wrong with old people? Isn’t diversity a good thing? Shouldn’t we encorage that? If MK wants to play, he plays. If you want to attend, you attend. If you want a younger, faster and healthier MK, you listen to old recordings and watch old videos. The old times has been. Now is now.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
It’s of course ok to mean what you mean, but I don’t really understand you at all (and that’s perfectly ok too). ;) But his legacy is his whole production. Nothing can take away that, can it? And why care about what you think others think? Why does that count at all? Why does critics count? It’s not a competition or a poll. What’s wrong with old people? Isn’t diversity a good thing? Shouldn’t we encorage that? If MK wants to play, he plays. If you want to attend, you attend. If you want a younger, faster and healthier MK, you listen to old recordings and watch old videos. The old times has been. Now is now.

“A man’s only as good as his last picture”.  I think this was Douglas Fairbanks.

I care deeply what others think of Mark.  I don't want a 'tourist' attending a show then leaving and telling the world my hero is rubbish just because he didn't bring out his guitar.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:46:32 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2019, 12:34:25 AM »

>I care deeply what others think of Mark.

Why?If they don't appreciate his talents so what.

> I don't want a 'tourist' attending a show then leaving and telling the world my hero is rubbish just because he didn't bring out his guitar.

Again why do you care so much?Why is it important for your tastes to be validated by a complete stranger?

For me it is much better to be in an exclusive club than an expansive one.

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2019, 02:13:02 AM »
I loved this tour, the show I saw at Verona was great and I was genuinely surprised that I didn’t miss the guitar playing too much.

I think they did a great job catering to marks strengths, and in my opinion they should’ve done this on the tracker tour as well when he was starting to struggle with the longer solos.

Only change I would make is just one less slow song, MBR,MM and DWB were awesome but to then have YLT and HFOH was just a bit much. I feel a slight change maybe throw in SFA even instead of YLT or throw out HFOH and have 3 encores every night and it wouldnt have dragged leading up to speedway. I was surprised they didn’t use heavy up or just a boy from the new album to trade and create musical climaxes in place of SOS or TR but I guess they had their reasons.

I’m all for another tour if MK wants it. As time goes on it’s all about the songs and despite the lack of guitar you still feel the magic of MK music and I think that’s pretty amazing.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.