Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A new dawn (what's next?)  (Read 15276 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: A new dawn (what's next?)
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »
I have seen the NHB quite a few times and really loved their concerts.   I would love to see them get together again, but, just like MK they are no longer young, so I don't realistically see it happening, unfortunately.

I managed to see them a couple of times and the shows are really great, however as you point out they aren't so young now.  Steve is a year older than Mark, however Brendan is a few years younger.

They'd need to change the setlist quite a bit:

Stroll Me Down
One Way Granny
Good Rocking Chair Tonight
Your Own Final Way
Railroad Retirement Song
Hip Worry
Hobo’s Dentures
Denomination Funeral
Can’t Be Satisfied Anymore
Calling God
Feel Like a Retirement Home

Love it!!! hahahahahahahahaha!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »
I think that the NHB are perfect for ageing Mark, sort of of lay down and fun band.

Just that Mark is probably in different mood.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2020, 01:06:57 PM »

To put it more easy to see, my guess:

- early 2020, start shaping songs
- spring 2020, rehearsals and recording for the musical cast record and the London run
- autumm 2020, start recording the new songs with band sessions etc
- early 2021, finishing the recordings, mastering etc
- late 2021, short tour playing arenas

Looks like my guess was more or less accurate by now except for early 2020 start shaping new songs...

As Guy said late december they were working on some revisions to the musical, and the first representation is staring on June 18th, I'd say that they would be working from now to June in that revisions and recording the cast release CD on time to be sold during the representations at the Old Vic in London.

Still there is a chance, I guess, for starting a new record during autum 2020   :think
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2020, 02:40:21 PM »

To put it more easy to see, my guess:

- early 2020, start shaping songs
- spring 2020, rehearsals and recording for the musical cast record and the London run
- autumm 2020, start recording the new songs with band sessions etc
- early 2021, finishing the recordings, mastering etc
- late 2021, short tour playing arenas

Looks like my guess was more or less accurate by now except for early 2020 start shaping new songs...

As Guy said late december they were working on some revisions to the musical, and the first representation is staring on June 18th, I'd say that they would be working from now to June in that revisions and recording the cast release CD on time to be sold during the representations at the Old Vic in London.

Still there is a chance, I guess, for starting a new record during autum 2020   :think

With the absence of tours, etc. what else Mark can do? Work on musical the whole year? I don't think so...
So something's going to happen, the early the better. Hopefully new recording, and of course new songs!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2020, 03:41:54 PM »
also hoping he may pop up at the Peter Green concert late feb....gilmour does...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OnlineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
Looking ahead to 2020, Mark continues to work on many other projects; including the upcoming London production of ‘Local Hero’ at the Old Vic.

:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 04:07:44 PM »
I don't think we are going to see anything significant in size from Mark moving forward. For 'The Speech' the last night (MSG) he said "I shall fall over, I mean, before very long anyways, so you'll be spared the rest".

That having been said, as we were walking out, someone in Mark's camp slipped to us, "this won't be the last one". Who knows exactly what that meant, but a glimmer of hope that something, is indeed, in the works. 

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2020, 12:02:36 PM »
All expectations that made me start this topic had been shot by the virus...

But know MK is back to the studio, as Guy mentioned, he had recorded his part for the next "Stand by me" charity single, and also a live filmed apperance for the Great North Run virtual race this year.

I don't know how is the situation right now in England, specially regarding working places like a recording studio but, maybe "the next" thing might be:

- finish the recordings of the British Grove Broadcast episodes, as Guy mentioned not all of them were recorded yet.
- start recording songs for a future studio record

The Local Hero musical is also on the wait list but I guess that would be waiting the new London dates, which probably would be june-august 2021, as eveything scheduled for 2020 is being rescheduled to more or less the same dates but in 2021... 

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »
All expectations that made me start this topic had been shot by the virus...

But know MK is back to the studio, as Guy mentioned, he had recorded his part for the next "Stand by me" charity single, and also a live filmed apperance for the Great North Run virtual race this year.

I don't know how is the situation right now in England, specially regarding working places like a recording studio but, maybe "the next" thing might be:

- finish the recordings of the British Grove Broadcast episodes, as Guy mentioned not all of them were recorded yet.
- start recording songs for a future studio record

The Local Hero musical is also on the wait list but I guess that would be waiting the new London dates, which probably would be june-august 2021, as eveything scheduled for 2020 is being rescheduled to more or less the same dates but in 2021...

You sum it up perfectly what to realistically expect in the near future.
What interests me,too, is what is really the status of the Henrik Hansen documentary. Much footage has been shot in 2015 and also a little in 2016. It does not make sense for an official dvd release to let the material grow old...
Also the idea of a live release after the Tracker Tour seems to have been shelved.
Sadly

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
The Henrik Hansen documentary, according to Guy, is a "work in progress" but as much of what was recorded comes from Tracker record and tour, I'm not sure if it's really in progress or already shelved... As far as we know, Hansen didn't recorded a thing during the last tour, but he did record some video with Marcus Cliffe, Robbie McIntosh and Ewen Vernal (as seen in the "Good on you on video clip") and they worked with MK for the Local Hero musical, so maybe they are waiting until it's represented in London and release the cd, to release the documentary covering the musical as well...

hunter

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2020, 01:22:38 PM »
Guy keeps saying the HH doc is still in progress, but I'm not sure I believe him. Plus I don't see the point of this movie, from a marketing point of view. Just around that time, you had the Guitar Stories with John and A Life in Songs. What else is there to say?

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2020, 04:21:14 PM »
The Henrik Hansen documentary, according to Guy, is a "work in progress" but as much of what was recorded comes from Tracker record and tour, I'm not sure if it's really in progress or already shelved... As far as we know, Hansen didn't recorded a thing during the last tour, but he did record some video with Marcus Cliffe, Robbie McIntosh and Ewen Vernal (as seen in the "Good on you on video clip") and they worked with MK for the Local Hero musical, so maybe they are waiting until it's represented in London and release the cd, to release the documentary covering the musical as well...

I think Hansen work was a biographical work at first knowing that Mark wanted to say goodbye to the stage, but since the last tour things have changed + the pandemic, so will see...
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2020, 09:20:30 AM »
This project is still listed on Henrik's website as in progress, so I assume it is still happening, maybe it will be an expanded version of A Life in Songs, he has made several  more albums since that was released, it could cover his life and career in more depth, with contributions from esteemed people, for example Eric Clapton, Emmylou Harris,John Illsley, Bob Dylan maybe.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2020, 01:14:30 PM »
This project is still listed on Henrik's website as in progress, so I assume it is still happening, maybe it will be an expanded version of A Life in Songs, he has made several  more albums since that was released, it could cover his life and career in more depth, with contributions from esteemed people, for example Eric Clapton, Emmylou Harris,John Illsley, Bob Dylan maybe.

That would be great! But for me a new album and a small tour would be more interesting :)
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2020, 02:29:54 PM »

I check Henrik's website regularly, but for more than three years now the original "feature film" entry never changed and unfortunatelly it never said anything like "work in progress". Let's hope it's not just a dead torso...
I emailed him about the documentary some time ago but got no answer.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 40 queries.