Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DTRW Download from MK.COM  (Read 14891 times)

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
Re: DTRW Download from MK.COM
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 10:32:35 PM »
All my three codes contain the same  :-X :disbelief
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 10:40:27 PM »
I chose FLAC and got:

WAM - Barcelona
CBC - Bordeaux
STP - Berlin
OUATITW - Stockholm
R&J - Lyon
MBR - Kestenholz
MM - Verona
HFOH - Mashantucket
SG/YLT - Boston
PFP - Toronto
OES - Chicago
SAN - Nashville
MFN - Atlanta
BIA - Antwerp
GH - Vancouver

Then we are at least 3 who got this one..

me too. I am just downloading the remaining 2 zips. An WAM only got 32 KHz :( The other songs are in 48 KHz

Don't really understand why they took the very first FLAC version of WAM in Barcelona. As you said it's 32khz and not 48khz, they had to fix this and release a new version after some fans complained. So, why they didn't take the corrected 48khz file is a mystery... :disbelief

Offlinejbanik

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 11:29:41 PM »
How you folks know which track has been taken from which show?

I ordered my tickets through MK.com and this morning I received my download code. I downloaded the FLAC version. The tracklist and the order is the one posted in this thread, but I don't see the association with the shows .

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 12:16:38 AM »
How you folks know which track has been taken from which show?

I ordered my tickets through MK.com and this morning I received my download code. I downloaded the FLAC version. The tracklist and the order is the one posted in this thread, but I don't see the association with the shows .

Some players show that info, and some don't. It is buried somewhere in the data.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 03:53:20 AM »

Yes crazy, I received 2 mails with a Total of 15 codes or so. Why would I download the same compilation 15 times ?

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 05:56:57 AM »

Yes crazy, I received 2 mails with a Total of 15 codes or so. Why would I download the same compilation 15 times ?

That‘s bad, but they might not have expected that we buy so many tickets!
If you don‘t need them you could give the codes to fellow fans!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 09:11:22 AM »
Although I enjoy listening to the Barcelona concert as a whole, WAM from that concert is not one of the best, so I wonder why it was selected when around 80 other much better versions were available?      :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2019, 09:15:38 AM »
Although I enjoy listening to the Barcelona concert as a whole, WAM from that concert is not one of the best, so I wonder why it was selected when around 80 other much better versions were available?      :think
It was "selected" simply because it is the first song from the first concert. The songs are both in setlist order and chronological order (save for BIA at the end), which is mathematically impossible if you select a "best of" using your judgement. There was no human decision involved. shame !

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2019, 09:26:22 AM »
It was "selected" simply because it is the first song from the first concert. The songs are both in setlist order and chronological order (save for BIA at the end), which is mathematically impossible if you select a "best of" using your judgement. There was no human decision involved. shame !

So not a "best of" at all, in fact.   ::)

To be fair, though, it would have been an almost impossible task to select the best version of each song from all 87 concerts - it is just a compilation and it is a freebie, so I'm not complaining.    :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 09:46:15 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2019, 10:10:28 AM »

To be fair, though, it would have been an almost impossible task to select the best version of each song from all 87 concerts - it is just a compilation and it is a freebie, so I'm not complaining.    :)
Well, in 2015 they made 2 best of (European and North America) which made much more sense. Every song was featured, and the versions that were selected were of course debatable, but at least were chosen by a human, and definitely they were not the worst versions. This is a huge step back. Although I don't care, I made my own compilation using my jugement and preferences, but still - even such as simple task as that, MK. com is unable to do properly...

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:04 AM »
Has anyone listened through the whole thing yet, to get a feel for how it works as a concert? (No need to mention the fairly significant dip in momentum in the middle - that was built into the programming!)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2019, 11:59:14 AM »

Random
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2019, 11:59:34 AM »

And even worse they picked the 32khz WAM from Barcelona. Just shows the level of professionalism.....

I don't care about this best of thing, it's not picked by someone who really listens and can make a solid judgement on what songs to choose.

I have many soundboards already so this thing is nothing I'll keep with how it's made... :disbelief

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »

I've done one "best of" myself, that will see the light of day very soon :)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2019, 12:01:06 PM »
Has anyone listened through the whole thing yet, to get a feel for how it works as a concert? (No need to mention the fairly significant dip in momentum in the middle - that was built into the programming!)

I'm sure they didn't mixed a thing... they just pick them from one folder and put them in other, without continuity...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 36 queries.