Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark's Edinburgh Apartment  (Read 6556 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Mark's Edinburgh Apartment
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:20:36 PM »
This just popped up in my Facebook newsfeed and I remembered that while Mark was preparing the LH musical at the Lyceum that he stayed at St Andrew Square.  This apartment is located in a building, formerly part of an extension to Forsyth's Department Store, disused for many years.  Now restored and turned into luxury apartments could this be where our man spent his time? This article in the local rag shows some photos inside the place.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/new-town-penthouse-one-edinburghs-most-expensive-flats-rent-take-look-inside-919865?fbclid=IwAR0GlTSHZoYIdHyYppJIYmwaK-V-hPbsAjPRQNEQN2ZbYlDEqc1L58Ocs_I

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:39:48 AM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
Re: Mark's Edinburgh Apartment
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:58 PM »
that's What it is  ;D :P
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 07:29:30 PM »
sorry just had too
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 07:35:40 PM »
That’s nice, finally the owners of Mark’s signature instruments have a perfect place to live! :lol

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »
This just popped up in my Facebook newsfeed and I remembered that while Mark was preparing the LH musical at the Lyceum that he stayed at St Andrew Square.  This apartment is located in a building, formerly part of an extension to Forsyth's Department Store, disused for many years.  Now restored and turned into luxury apartments could this be where our man spent his time? This article in the local rag shows some photos inside the place.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/lifestyle/homes-and-gardens/new-town-penthouse-one-edinburghs-most-expensive-flats-rent-take-look-inside-919865?fbclid=IwAR0GlTSHZoYIdHyYppJIYmwaK-V-hPbsAjPRQNEQN2ZbYlDEqc1L58Ocs_I

I guess that might be the place.

Not close to the theatre that would had been handy, but probably he got someone to drive him from the apartment to the theatre and back everyday. I wonder if Guy was also in one of that apartments or he had a hotel room in other place...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 11:15:08 AM »

Not close to the theatre that would had been handy, but probably he got someone to drive him from the apartment to the theatre and back everyday. I wonder if Guy was also in one of that apartments or he had a hotel room in other place...

It's a pretty easy 20 min walk via the Mound or Princes Street Gardens and at the time an article did state he was living at St Andrew Square.  I guess he'd go through the Gardens for fear of getting recognised on the main streets.

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 12:46:03 PM »

It's a pretty easy 20 min walk via the Mound or Princes Street Gardens and at the time an article did state he was living at St Andrew Square.  I guess he'd go through the Gardens for fear of getting recognised on the main streets.

Nobody would recognize him anyway, LOL
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 06:11:47 PM »

Nobody would recognize him anyway, LOL

I doubt I would if he walked right past me!  :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 38 queries.